Universal Crashlands (by Butterscotch Shenanigans) - TA GotY 2016

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jan 21, 2016.

1. HippoHumper

HippoHumper Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2013
    Anyone been able to fish up any of the "-gong" fish for the epic weapon quest? Been running around the Savannah, Bawg, and Tundra for what seems like days now with my lure trinket and pet that gives me the treasure bonus (I think the electric neck guy, his name is Xerxes but I forget the name of his species) but no luck. Wondering if I'm doing something wrong or not looking in the right places?

2. twispby

twispby Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2012
    I was really hoping this update would fix my 'Sirixinax" issue, but alas the quest is still broken. It will continue to drive me crazy when juice box tells me for the millionth time to just "...scoop up ALL of that jerk Sirix's roost!"

I have juice box... I have.

Question: I'm at a point in the tundra where it's clear that I'm about to enter the final battle. Is there an option to return and keep crafting, or should I keep an extra save if I want to keep building my mansion/farming empire?

3. lainsxp

lainsxp Well-Known Member

May 26, 2014
    u return automatically.. the questlog is just empty after u finished the game :)

4. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    #1464 mr_bez, Feb 9, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
    Yep, I got all three. There's no specific place to look in each environment.

If you want to save time, try crafting a load of Acidic Fish Food and a few Chembobbers, then place a load of fish food in the middle of one area and chuck in a Chembobber. That works for Bawg and Savanna, and you can use Frozen Fish Food and Fish Magnets to do the same in the Tundra.

Edit: added screenshot. Gotta love those fish magnets.

Attached Files:

5. Zamoofaboo

Zamoofaboo Active Member

Dec 11, 2015
    #1465 Zamoofaboo, Feb 9, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
    Stuck on "waiting for downloads to complete" for a long time. After nearly 5min it finally loaded.
    I didn't download and install the update, nor do I have an intention to since they made the only useful pet useless in the new update, what in the world is it downloading? Sick of always dying in one hit then taking nearly 5min to kill a single boss, Vomma is the only pet I use that won't drive me crazy. Don't care what fixes the new update has, if it nerfed Vomma then no way I'm downloading it.

6. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    #1466 OrangutanKungfu, Feb 10, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2016
    What has happened to the vomma then? Is it lower damage hits now or something? Doesn't seem too different.

EDIT: Nevermind - I see it's a 25% power drop. Ouch.

7. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

Crap on a cracker :(

8. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    No update for me. More and more I'm hating updates. So lame, so lame. Trade Vomma for map, never ever!

9. H4nd0fg0d

Mar 30, 2010
    Anyone that is jailbroken and wants the older version just install AppAdmin and it will allow you to downgrade to any of the prior versions directly in the AppStore. Such a great tweak.

10. DarkClawz

DarkClawz Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Just leave one floor under him after you take all his junkz. Quest done. You'll know cause he'll talk the crap.

11. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Epic Vomma....Boom!

12. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    #1472 Gwarmaxx, Feb 10, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2016
    if you still have the previous ipa file, iOS 8.3 or an older one and you're not jb, you can downgrade the game through iFunbox easily, even without delete the actual version (so you don't delete your saves)... i loved iFunbox all this years for this amazing feature!

13. H4nd0fg0d

Mar 30, 2010
    Yup, I've used iFunbox. This doesn't require a delete or loss of progress and can be done on device. It's good stuff.

14. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    yeah it's good, but you need to be jb

15. Peterwilc

Peterwilc Active Member

Dec 19, 2014
    Where is sirinax after he leaves his original home that I tore up in bawg?

16. HippoHumper

HippoHumper Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2013
    THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS TIP! Tried it just like you said and finished the quest in no time. Soon as I dropped that bomb in the water and saw all that loot flying through the air I realized I had been using the underwater bombs and fish food completely wrong. Now I just gotta find 20 depressurized larvas to finish (I hope). I have a feeling this is gonna take a long time too but not as bad as fishing for those "gong" fish dropping my pole in one spot at a time. Thanks again, I really appreciate the help!

17. H4nd0fg0d

Mar 30, 2010
    All my devices are jb. I wouldn't trade my jb for any tiny insignificant changes Apple makes in their feeble lil updates. The tweaks available these days turn a mundane idevice into a functional powerhouse. And I don't mean piracy.

18. Zamoofaboo

Zamoofaboo Active Member

Dec 11, 2015
    - What's difference between shock/bleed/poison/burn when inflicted on enemy? I have accessories that inflict these statuses, which one should I equip?
    - Can enemy only have 1 status ailment at once? In other words if enemy already bleeding, then I use flamethrower accessory on it to burn it, its bleeding is replaced by burning? Or they stack?

19. I do believe they can have multiple status effects. But I think the difference is that if an enemy has a high resistance to a certain ailment, it won't affect him.

20. Aerys

Aerys Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2014
    Because I thought they were one time usable I crafted 4 stunning mirrors and now I am stuck with them because I can not discard or recycle them. I think if item is for permanent use and can not be disenchanted the game should allow to build only one.
    And I have problems finding wat egg.