Universal Crashlands (by Butterscotch Shenanigans) - TA GotY 2016

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jan 21, 2016.

1. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    I found it pretty quickly—I was going for the very large...things.

2. Zamoofaboo

Zamoofaboo Active Member

Dec 11, 2015
    Where were you fishing? I was catching everything, not just limited to large things. Getting kind of annoyed with this quest.

3. limmyfox

limmyfox Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2011
    I was getting frustrated looking for the same thing too. Then I just gave up and went and looked for the quest giver and found out that I have somehow already collected it all along. So try going to see him and see if you've already completed your quest!

4. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    If you have already got it, the quest-giver's icon should be marked in yellow on the Quests screen, but there's certainly no harm in trying!

5. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Same here. I already had them and didn't even know.

6. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Yes, and over to the right, under the quest dialog, it will say "finished". Took me a while to notice either of those indicators!

7. bababewey

bababewey Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2012
    So after the update, I chose the option to redraw the map. Now I can't find Garaam. Before the update, he was in the place where the bug had him stuck saying "take my hand". Can anyone point me to an image of his location on a map?

8. Is that the guy in the interrogation room? If so, he was left of the Square Lake for me.

9. bababewey

Jun 8, 2012
    #1409 bababewey, Feb 5, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2016
    The problem is, that when I selected the option to rewrite the map, all of my progress on the map was deleted. I looked in your website for a map location, but couldn't find one.

Yes though, it's the guy in the interrogation room, I haven't the first clue on which area in the map he is at this point.

Also, my map isn't clearing as I explore. It's just remaining blacked out so I can't identify any landmarks at all.

10. Zamoofaboo

Zamoofaboo Active Member

Dec 11, 2015
    This game has some serious battle balancing issues.

I'm wearing the best possible armour and weapon at the moment from the latest workstation, yet my character barely does 20dmg per hit to one of those brown floating octopus bosses. It took me literally 3 minutes of nonstop fighting to bring its HP down to 50%. Then it managed to kill my character in one hit. Wtf?? The octopus essence or whatever it's called is a crafting item needed for that item used for evolving the octopus, which I got a long time ago. The game expected me to kill 8 of those boss octopus that can kill you in one shot? I can't even survive one of those things right now, how was I supposed to kill 8 of them 2 workstations ago?

11. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    lmao...

Alrighty, I'm out.

Crashlands for GOTY!!!!

12. #1412 AppUnwrapper, Feb 5, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2016
    I was under the impression that the map is completely randomly generated back when I was doing that quest, so I didn't include a photo of my map with it. I'll see if I can dig it up and add it to my guide.

Edit: I added a photo of my map with the Interrogation Room showing.

13. Are you trying to get the tier 2 essences or tier 3? The green ones are tier 2 and the brown ones are tier 3.

14. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    I'm guessing you're playing on a high level of difficulty? In Normal, it doesn't take that long with the best Savannah armour and weapons - all around Level 11-12. If you don't have weapons and armour at that level, you might want to forget about the glidopus elders for a bit. You only need the verdant glidopus essence (the green octopuses) for the first embiggening anyway.

15. bababewey

Jun 8, 2012
    That's awesome, thanks. I'll have a look and see if I can identify it.

16. Alex Wolf

Alex Wolf Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2010
    Where the heck can i find hyperblades?
    I cut nearly 300 sawgrasses and no sign of hyperblades :((

17. davagorn

davagorn Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    I've been hunting sightless vommas for a bunch of nights with no luck...I have 3/5 to make my vomma epic.

So I took a break to go back to the savanna for fun. Pretty crazy to go out into the edges of the map and one- or two-shot every single baddy. A lot less stressful with level 23 armor and that crazy 24 hammer. :)

I've gotta find some of those darn blind vommas though...

18. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    They're pretty rare. I wouldn't worry about it. You'll unlock better floves pretty soon anyway that can be crafted with more common ingredients

19. bigred447uk

bigred447uk Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    Some of the mobs are designed for you to come back later with much better gear.

You end up going back to previous biomes to collect drops from the high end mobs so you can embiggen your pets.

I'm not sure if this is what you are experiencing, but I had a similar feeling at first and later realised that some of the mobs are designed to be defeated much later in the game when you have secured better DPS and equipment.

20. davagorn

davagorn Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    ^This^

Every land has a few crazy-hard creatures that aren't killable without way better gear from the next land. Or a *ton* of patience and bombs. :) In the Savanah you can max out your gear and still get one-shotted by the brown Glidi-octo guys, for example. Just like how in the Bawg, even with maxed gear, you can get one-shotted by things like the black/red Bamli.

Pay attention to the color of the name of the beast you're attacking. White is easy, yellow and orange are caution. A red name means you can* kill it, but it will probably kill you first.