Universal Crashlands (by Butterscotch Shenanigans) - TA GotY 2016

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jan 21, 2016.

1. Killerluffy246

Killerluffy246 Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2014
    Asia
    Oh lol, thx.

2. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    yeah haha I was still using the butterfly weapon in the Bawg, most enemies were pretty much unkillable unless I found lots of exploding jolly tree things to lure them to and blow them up. The new sword is way way better, my DPS went up like 40%.

3. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    None found a way to make the blast crabs in the tundra vulnerable to attack? Some of them start attacking me and then I can hit them, but otherwise I can swing at them and they do nothing....so how to provoke or make them vulnerable?

4. bhoylhogro

bhoylhogro Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2014
    Blastcrabs can attack and be killed only at night.

5. bigred447uk

bigred447uk Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    #1385 bigred447uk, Feb 4, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2016
    I have maxed everything I can at Centrifuge level and have concentrated on embiggening my pets for some time whilst midway through the Bawg.

I'm currently hunting Blood Tartils in the Savanna in a never ending westward bound safari to the farlands.

I found two in fairly quick succession, but then nothing then for some time now. I quickly despatched them relatively easily at this level by beating them with my mirror to stun, then bringing in D-bot for a brief spell of damage mitigation and quickly followed by the Chrono Shifter to slow down time so I can see the beasts drops arc outwards in slow-mo.

I shall return home for potions if I have to. For now I'm well stocked for the journey with a large stock of Saggy healing potions.

Apparently the map is the size of the Netherlands so I'll let you know what happens first.. My end for the the quest to epically embiggen my Tartil.... Or the world border or Farlands.... The edge?

Crashlands Tales ep.1. My 52nd hour in the game.

6. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Two questions:
    How is everyone determining how many hours they've played games?

And where in the Savannah was this darn mirror? I'm a good way through Bawg, and have found and love the Chrono Trigger, but it sounds like the mirror remains useful. Much like the Butterfly weapon I don't think I ever got the recipe. Which work station? I didn't see the mirror in AppUnwrapper's walkthrough either.

7. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    Tap on "Saves" on the main menu and it will give you time played.

8. jgreco99

jgreco99 New Member

Jan 26, 2016
    After the update a couple of days ago there appeared a "refresh" icon at the top left of the map. This ended up making all my map progress filled in with black again, and now the map isn't tracking my progress.

Anyone else have this issue? Couldn't find anything with Google...

9. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    It has been mentioned a couple of times here on the forum. I think the best plan is not to press the red button.

10. bigred447uk

Apr 16, 2009
    You craft the Stunning Mirror in the Stoneshaper bench from flat stones, basic glue and yellow gems.

You find your played hours by looking at your save game by pressing 'saves' next to the 'play' button.

... I got my Blood Tartills, never found the border. I've earned myself a quest or two now. I feel like finding out about the next armour set/crafting bench.

11. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    My problem is another. I have the butterfly and giantbone helm recipes but can't craft them. Lol.

12. houseofg

Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Got it. Thanks. I thought people were looking at something in device settings!

13. bigred447uk

Apr 16, 2009
    You craft them in Fishiminea workbench. You will need some rare drops though.

For the weapon you need an oddly shaped crystal that drops from harvesting the dusk crystals. I think you need the second tier pick to harvest them.

For the helm you need a giant fossilised skull which I can't remember how I picked up. Maybe someone else can expand on that?

14. houseofg

Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Man, I have a feeling you'd have to walk in one direction for an insanely long time to get to the edge. Maybe someone some day!

Thanks for the info. So I did have the mirror recipe. I just hasn't looked that far back.

15. Dankrio

Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    #1395 Dankrio, Feb 4, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2016

I've never found the oddly shaped crystal and I've harvested many dusk crystals. Maybe I am going to find one soon, who knows.

Edit: I've just found it. You gave me lucky. Thanks!

16. Leegames

Leegames Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Ex. game journalist and EiC now PR
    Denmark
    The map refresh is only a feature added for those who had severe bugs on the map. It simply wipes the map (but keeps portals) and then you have to redraw it by walking the distance. It should really have been addeed to options IMO, then again BSS probably have enough work as it is, and are doing a great job trying to fix all errors. :) Do not press the red button! :D

17. houseofg

Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    I think that was a bug for some. I clicked on it and didn't lose any of my map.

18. Dankrio

Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    I also got the skull on a tartil. You gave me extra luck!

19. Zamoofaboo

Zamoofaboo Active Member

Dec 11, 2015
    Bug with "cleaning the water" quest? I must have fished out over 500 items, not a single "space debris". A quest item can't be this rare?? Am I doing something wrong? Fishing in the wrong place? Does it only spawn in the 2 fishing spots near the quest giver?

Another thing I noticed is I didn't get a single recipe from those 500 items. All of them have been useless junk like fish, logs and tree branches. Does it require a special fishing rod or something? Or is drop rate supposed to be ridiculously abysmal like 0.001%?

20. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    I founds a spot in the bawg that had like five blood tattoos—one of the last quests I think.