Universal Crashlands (by Butterscotch Shenanigans) - TA GotY 2016

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jan 21, 2016.

1. chaos_envoys

chaos_envoys Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    Thanks! This game really hooked me up! Just had my first death on bawg and seventh death overall.. even on adventure difficulty, it's still kinda hard, but really addicting!

2. noteatino

noteatino Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2014
    These days all my gaming goes to Crashlands and today I found other games on my iPhone and iPad...

3. Adams Immersive

Adams Immersive Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 5, 2008
    Freelance interactive design and programming
    Ohio
    I give up... How do you make the UI track the current quest?

I'm supposed to make wood-plated steel but there's no longer a recipe at top-right. I'm sure I did something to turn off tracking. Tapping the quest in the quest list blinks but does nothing else. There's another screen where you can choose recipes to track, but the quest item is not among them. I'm stumped.

30 minutes in I'm not feeling it--can't make heads or tails of the multiple screens--but I'm going to stick with it! The fun will come... For now it's work, and I need that recipe!

Thanks in advance.

4. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Go to the workstation that you'd make the item with. When it's on that menu screen, tap the item you want to track - right next to 'build' in the middle section of the screen, there's the option to 'track'. That'll throw the recipe back up into the top right corner. =o)

I hope that made sense and I hope that this one starts to click with you... once it snags ya, it doesn't let go. =oP

5. Bombiscuit01

Bombiscuit01 Active Member

Sep 28, 2015
    Where do I get the demon torso skin, I'm not sure if it was a dream or a save problem, but I got it from looting my grave. Can some please help clear me up

6. Adams Immersive

Patreon Bronze

Dec 5, 2008
    Ohio
    Thanks! Maybe it's a failing of the early tutorial: where are the workstations listed? How do you know which one the current quest requires?

I don't even know what a workstation is--the flat gray boxes? The game started with 1 and I built 1 more, and it does indeed have the screen you describe, but both are the same and neither has the quest item.

7. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Hmm... yeah you're way early - I can't remember how I got the recipe for the wood workstation, I'd think you'd get it from an NPC since it's required for you to progress. But yes, that grey thing that you can tap on and build stuff inside of, that's a workstation. And you should be able to create another workstation with it fairly soon (you might even be able to now). Items that are grey'd out, you don't have the resources to make, items with numbers by them are letting you know how many of that item you can craft, and items that are blank have yet to be discovered.

Once you make another workstation, you'll have to place it on a floor tile in order for it to work. That's the whole menu that pops up when you hit the hammer icon in the lower left. You'll have to place a floor and THEN place your workstation in order to use it.

Phew...

Appunwrapper did a great guide, a quick glance through the first couple paragraphs should let you know anything you missed in conversation or whatever you might have clicked through...

http://www.appunwrapper.com/2016/01/22/crashlands-walkthrough-guide/

8. Adams Immersive

Patreon Bronze

Dec 5, 2008
    Ohio
    Thanks for the link!

Turns out the sawmill I already had has the same menu as the gray box, and there's the recipe.

That gray box seemed like a menu of all your recipes, and I didn't know the sawmill gave you a different list.

Is there any point to having 2 gray boxes like I do? I can pick them up and move them but cannot recycle them,

I just accidentally made 2 skinneries and was able to recycle the extra.

9. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    I think there's just some items you can not recycle. I'm also stuck with an extra first workstation, as well as a couple weapons that just will not be deconstructed.

But no, no real point... unless you just want to be able to make stuff wherever you are on the map.

10. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    One of the NPC's mentions a demon living in the Geysir vents (a Quadropus, I think). After that, you have a chance to find the demon when smashing Geysirs. If you kill the demon, you get the skin and can use it to craft a legendary weapon.

11. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    I ended up making two of each workstation so when I'm in Savanna or Bawg, I can warp to my "base" there and create anything I need without having to port from one land to the other.

12. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Giving Crashlands a break to try Space Grunts... BRB :D

13. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    anyone know how to get the work station after the jolly one in the bawg?

14. limmyfox

limmyfox Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2011
    My gf had problems w starting out as well, I had to hold her hand a little before she goes all frustrated. I can see that there are many things not explained properly especially for non-gamers.

15. chaos_envoys

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    Do the main quest, and toocho will give you the recipe for biowatchamacallit

16. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    literally just got to that point in the game lol.
    I was just getting tired of getting killed really easily with underpowered gear.

17. chaos_envoys

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    IKR, I was so far at grandmapool quest, I don't have most of the workstation needed for recipes i get from the quest.. Toochoo quest needed to be done first since it's on top of the quest list, but juicebox keeps saying grandmapool so i did that quest first..

18. Tulki

Tulki Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2014
    Is there any way to destroy fishing holes if we want to build over them? You can create new ones with fish food but as far as I know they're totally permanent and nothing can ever be put in their spot again.

19. Killerluffy246

Killerluffy246 Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2014
    Asia
    Thrombopump glitch

Can somebody help me, I build a thrombopump and its no appearing in my built mode ?? Is it a glitch ? I tried building it again and yet it is still not appearing in my inventory. Please help I dont wanna keep looking for ayeayes plant lol

20. You need to insert it into a Thrombyte. You can't place it in your home like all the other workstations.