Universal Crashlands (by Butterscotch Shenanigans) - TA GotY 2016

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jan 21, 2016.

1. I've gotten embiggening recipes from random plants and creatures. When they're not a quest item, I'm pretty sure they can drop anywhere.

2. Jake7905

Jake7905 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    #1322 Jake7905, Feb 2, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2016
    Though I'm not as far as you are, I'd suggest looking at your Quest log and try completing what you can. From my experience with Crashlands, a missing recipe (that's not a random drop) is the result of an incomplete quest.

3. Press2Play

Press2Play Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2012
    Bussinessman
    Philippines
    Or you can exit the game fully to not save then load if you get purple save the game and do it to others finished item has random stats so I purple wep/armor.

4. Havelcek

Havelcek Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 30, 2013
    I have to say, as I progress through the Bawg I'm becoming increasingly unimpressed with the combat system - which seems to primarily require that you engage the enemy to trigger your pet, then run in circles while your pet kills the enemy. It seems like the majority of enemies just one-shot you if you're in melee range.

5. Peterwilc

Peterwilc Active Member

Dec 19, 2014
    How do I complete "waterworks". I'm supposed to fish up 3 radioactive pieces. Been fishing for a long time with no luck.

6. BlottoBrah

BlottoBrah Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2013
    US
    Is that the one where you first get the fishing rod? I recall fishing at the holes in that area with the NPCs. Kept trying to fish out the big pieces and got it fairly quickly.

7. TywinTheVile

TywinTheVile Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2013
    #1327 TywinTheVile, Feb 2, 2016
    Hmmm, combat is all about learning the enemies patterns and exploiting the holes in those patterns. If you're getting one shotted I suggest grinding better gear . I never did sit back and let my pet have all the fun, fights would take too long.

Edit: want to really learn how to fight? Play without a pet

8. gemineye62

gemineye62 Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2010
    Havelcek,

Try throwing the rench to stun the enemy and then run up and hit him a few times.
    Then hit it with the stunning mirror and hit it three more times and back off.
    Lure it next to a jollychomp and throw a Bloo to get the jollychomp to explode
    and the enemy will take some good damage.

I always use the long range weapons like the flamethrower , the blowpipe or the finger rang to get the enemy to chase me.
    Throwing the rench will also stun the enemy long enough for your pet to do some damage as well.
    There are also areas in the terrain where the creatures have to go around to reach you.
    Just lure the big tough to kill enemies there and move to a point where they are trying to get you but can't
    and fire away with your ranged weapon. I have done this on a couple occasions when the opportunity arose.

I have not even touched on using bombs yet. I usually use them on Bosses.

Remember to check the the book icon that shows the data for the creature you are having a hard time taking down
    Look at the stats that tells you what the creature is weak against and use the appropriate long range weapon and pet to do the job.

I hope that helps.

Thank

9. BlottoBrah

BlottoBrah Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2013
    US
    Agreed with all what gemineye62 said. I love the gameplay with using the jellychomps to blow up foes.

I switched from the wrench to the mirror to initiate fights. Once mirror fades and targets appear, I use Dbot for the invincibility. After that it's kiting the enemy until dead.

It get's significantly tougher when there are several enemies grouped together. Very hard to get in close to melee. End up using that ninja star boomerang. Best to separate the tougher enemies or just let pets handle it until it thins out the number of baddies.

10. limmyfox

limmyfox Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2011
    I kinda liked taking risks and going for the kills myself as opposed to just running around endlessly. It's also faster that way.

11. Those of you who took more risks, did you also die more often?

12. TywinTheVile

Sep 24, 2013
    Oh yea! I often challenge myself to fight melee without my pet. Feels like an Infinity Blade 5:1 fight. But as a result I've died hundreds of deaths. Woo-hoo

13. Haha. You masochist. :p

14. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    What is this mirror of which you speak and how can I get one?
    Currently have 1 slot for health potions, 1 for speed potions (makes kiting way easier), 1 for the wrench and 1 for fingerang. Should I cut one of those for another weapon?

15. bigred447uk

bigred447uk Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    Fave tricket so far (around 50 hours in):-

The Chrono Shifter - so awesome to slow down time and beat the hell out of your foe to then see its drops arc out in slow-mo.

I reckon I'm halfway through the Bawg at a guess.

Crashlands. The game that just keeps on giving.

16. TywinTheVile

Sep 24, 2013
    You know me, babe.

17. Leegames

Leegames Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Ex. game journalist and EiC now PR
    Denmark
    #1337 Leegames, Feb 2, 2016
    WHAT? I return to this thread and no one has posted their beautiful Crashlands homes in pics? What is this world coming to? I feel violated!

:mad:

Also The grandmamma "bug" with her being in two places is probably not a bug, which a quest later on reveals. After all she is no more in two different places than the player is, just very timely. :)

And ... homes! Really? No one took The Sims approach and went nuts? Really? Lazy youth!

When I was your age, I posted pics like crazy. Actually I didn't as it took like five minutes to even send a semi nude JPG of Samantha Fox.

We need to keep this thread constantly alive so more people see this awesome game. :D

18. dabbed

dabbed Active Member

May 18, 2015
    Olympia
    This or don't starve for a person wanting more crafting/action. I never really play crafting games but i redownloaded radiation island a few days ago and i'm pretty hooked. Not sure if you can craft homes in don't starve but that's one of my big plusses. Also, playtime? I want a game i can get a good 2 hours out of.

19. raravan

raravan Well-Known Member

May 18, 2014
    playtime here is around 50-70 hours.
    personally, I hate Don't Starve. really.
    Crashlands for the win.

20. limmyfox

limmyfox Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2011
    It helps to remind me to STOP PLAYING IT SO MUCH! :D
    Btw, I find my 2nd Tartil to be better than my epic Wombit. Will be fighting Hewdogoo soon so I guess I'm finally coming to the Bawg!