Universal Crashlands (by Butterscotch Shenanigans) - TA GotY 2016

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jan 21, 2016.

1. bhoylhogro

bhoylhogro Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2014
    I updated the game just now before the final boss and didn't notice the map reset button until I've beaten him and got back to the map. It looked weird to me, so I didn't touch it. Now that I've read your post, I'M SO GLAD I DIDN'T!!!! It would've been a major pain-in-the-ass to get back all those explored areas!

2. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    My guess, if you've only found one and can't find another one, is it's a really rare drop that will let you build a legendary weapon/armor piece. I've found two of those, essentially you should eventually find a crafting recipe that will allow you to combine it with a bunch of other items to make something super powerful.

3. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    Oh, no way! That's huge thanks man. I'll try it out.

4. Digibear

Digibear Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2012
    iPhone 6s Plus iOS 9.1 crashing since the update. :/

5. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    #1305 VirtualBoyFreak, Feb 2, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2016
    1. Savegames: BS clear out in the release notes that there's a misunderstanding with the savegames. The fact that they're in the "cloud" section doesn't mean that there isn't a local copy, it just means that there's a backup in the cloud. Therefore, bottom slot(s) = only in your device; top slot(s) = in your device + backup in cloud.

2. Version: go into your phone settings into usage (in iOS 7.1.2 it's in settings --> general --> usage, in other iOS I recall it's elsewhere, but in the settings menu). There it will give you how much space each app occupies, and it will tell you the installed version.

On my iPhone 4S the game was bound to crash after 15 minutes of play when I opened the map. I haven't been able to try it, but supposedly the update seems to have changed the way it loads the map because some Android GPU's were struggling to load it. Maybe a side effect is that it'll crash less on 512MB iOS devices. I still have to try it though. If it continues crashing I'll click on the red panic button to see if it helps.

6. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    They should've just added an option to turn off the "trail tracking." I honestly think that's what's burning up the memory in the game. I'm sure most people noticed the longest load times are the map, depending on how long you've walked without opening it. If the game just saved your map state instead of saving your steps, it would probably load a lot quicker and not need a "reset" button (like a "fog" in games with hidden maps). The trail helps me rarely but if I could get rid of it to make the map just open immediately I would definitely do it.

(Unless the problem is that older devices can't open a map that big - then there's really nothing you can do about it.)

7. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    If I Butter Up, does it butter up all my games? Or just the one

8. stlredbird

stlredbird Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    Does anything in particular drop the recipe for the upgraded pick axe?

9. stlredbird

stlredbird Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    And i just got rick rolled

10. NightmareCC

NightmareCC Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2014
  11. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    You have to Butter Up one by one. Each one is a separate IAP.

12. Derprozess

Derprozess Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2012
    Engineer
    Few crashes here (iOS 9.2 iPad Air) and of course no progress lost, however it's very annoying to have crashes in the middle of a boss fight to start it all over, which just happen; to fight again a very tough boss (for me) after 15 minutes of play it's a bit frustrating
    I reinstalled the game, rebooted my device and after 10 minutes I've got another crash; time for a break I guess.

13. TheVimFuego

TheVimFuego Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2014
    Yup, and if you don't want to spend an age looking for it I suggest planting a Dusk Crystal farm close to home base. I planted about 40 and got lucky.

Great game this, 19 hours in and it's still fun just checking in for a bit of a farm or quest.

Premium quality.

(On the subject of crashes it only happens for me at the Map screen, which is mentioned in the FAQ due to my lack of memory (Ye Olde IPad 2)). To the game's credit it always recovers perfectly ... so far ... :)

14. NightmareCC

Apr 30, 2014
    Did I miss something? How do I "plant" the crystals :confused:

15. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Place some fertilized dort down and put seeds in. Need a recipe in order to plant them. I think I found when I was mining crystals.

16. JudasKain

JudasKain Active Member

Nov 11, 2015
    Hey does anyone know how to unlock the REFINERY recipe (tundra) : lowest box on the right - orange ???? I've done everything from using an epic gulanti, all resource related trinkets, farming, fishing, and nada.. It hasn't unlocked for me

17. NightmareCC

Apr 30, 2014
    Ok so I need a special recipe for planting crystals?

18. You need the Dusk Seeds recipe.

19. roy2x

roy2x Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2015
    Anyone know if Gulantis drop the sweater recipe needed for its epic embiggening?

20. chaos_envoys

chaos_envoys Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    Found it on normal crystals before I even got the dusk seed recipe.. the thing is, farmed crystal didn't regrow.. :( anyways, vommas are really awesome!! :D