Universal Crashlands (by Butterscotch Shenanigans) - TA GotY 2016

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jan 21, 2016.

1. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    No walls here, but then again I'm still playing through the game. Started the Bawg not too long ago, lots of gameplay left before I feel like I should settle down and build a nice little settlement somewhere.

Is there a way we can note specific areas on the map? I'd like to do that with spawn points for bloated gutterflys and other 3rd level creatures so I can farm them for their essence, but I don't think its possible yet. Can this be added?

2. Mess

Mess Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    Think you can craft signs which you can write names on that appear on the map.

3. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Might be one of the best games I've ever played.

4. Zamoofaboo

Zamoofaboo Active Member

Dec 11, 2015
    Is it possible to retrieve something once you put it on the ground? Really easy to accidentally place something since there's no confirmation.

Also, does it matter where you place your "main base"? I'm not that far into the game yet, currently doing the "baconweed fairy" quest. Thinking about starting to build a home.

5. raravan

raravan Well-Known Member

May 18, 2014
    update is out.

6. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    - Yes
    - No, but remember to set the nearest teleporter as your home one, so you can easily teleport back.

7. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    #1287 VirtualBoyFreak, Feb 1, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2016
    Argh, you won me by 5 minutes! :p

EDIT: WOW, 30 minutes without any new posts here. Are you all updating or what? :p

8. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    #1288 Gwarmaxx, Feb 1, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2016
    hey VBF, could you update it?

i can't... i see the update in the game notes but don't have it on my updates list!

edit > live now, updating

9. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    I just updated. It's definitely live in the USA.

Billy

10. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Whats it do?

11. Ausar

Ausar Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    BCN
    Beware with the option in the map to redrawn it, since actually it just wiped my whole map

12. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    I use the wood signs when I think I'll need to go back to a npc.

13. imdakine1

Aug 23, 2011
    What do you mean redraw it and wiped your map? Did you lose your entire game save?

14. Zamoofaboo

Zamoofaboo Active Member

Dec 11, 2015
    I find it weird that you can only have a local save OR cloud save, but not both, why not? Every other game I've played allows both, just for safety measures.

Also, how do I check what version of the game I have? I downloaded recent update in iTunes, but my phone ran out of room when installing it so the sync failed. Afterwards I cleared up some space and resynced, but I'm not sure if the update got installed or not. I don't want to uninstall the game then reinstall it. There doesn't seem to be any indication in-game what version of the game I have...?

15. roy2x

roy2x Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2015
    I am still able to play with my cloud save offline. I don't see a problem.

16. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    You can see the version of all the apps on your device by going to Settings / General / Storage & iCloud Usage / Storage / Manage Storage

17. Ausar

Ausar Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    BCN
    No my save is intact, there is a new option when you open the map ingame to redraw it when you use to fix any "errors" that's what at least is in the patch notes

After using my map is now all black like when you start playing all the teleports are usable though but is like you haven't explore anything

18. imdakine1

Aug 23, 2011
    Thanks. That would be a bit frustrating but at least not ruining a save!

19. atalkinghamsandwich

atalkinghamsandwich Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2015
    Has anyone else harvested a 'Mysterious Crystal' in the Savannah? What does it do?

20. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I really don't like the bright red "map reset" button in the corner. It's basically standing out quite a bit and most people should never need to touch it, since it'll wipe all your discovered progress. It was a pain for me to walk through all the dark patches of the map (hours and hours of work). Resetting is not something you'd EVER want to do unless you game glitches out (?) Seems like the patch notes talk about an issue with Android. I don't recall anyone having issues on this forum thread about the map glitching.

And why is that button in the corner of the map anyhow? It's not like you're going to be clicking it every hour. It should be in the settings.

Also the game already glitched for me for the first time ever. I loaded the game up and suddenly was attacked while I wasn't paying attention to the load. Then I got teleported home as usual and the RIP grave site was not put on the map. Items and grave disappeared. So far this new version is pretty terrible. Not sure why I updated..