Universal Crashlands (by Butterscotch Shenanigans) - TA GotY 2016

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jan 21, 2016.

1. bigred447uk

bigred447uk Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    I'm in the same position although I picked up the floor from beneath his feet/tentacles?

I've tried putting a piece back underneath him and re-taking then warping away, but it doesn't seem to progress the quest.

Any ideas anyone?

2. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Is this the one where you have to "hoover up" everything? If so, did you grab the lights too? If it ain't Bawg, grab it! I had no issue grabbing the tile from beneath him (and recall being surprised about that).

3. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Well crafted all the wood armor pieces along with my first sword last night and was having so much fun I stayed up to too late so now I am dragging but!

4. Just finished the game. Missing a few recipes and 2 epic pets, but spent over 60 hours on it, so time to move on until new content is added. Also added quite a bit to my guide.

Looking forward to maybe getting some sleep once I finish my review. :p

5. BlottoBrah

BlottoBrah Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2013
    US
    *offers pet embiggening item*

"IT'S SO BIG!!"... rockin' music plays.

Cracks me up each time.

6. Zamoofaboo

Zamoofaboo Active Member

Dec 11, 2015
    Is there some way to track where NPCs or quest objectives are? The quest screen is not very helpful. First it doesn't really even tell you what you're supposed to do in the quest, as sometimes the dialogue doesn't make it very clear. Second the map doesn't really have any useful information on it. If the quest asks me to talk to "ABC" where do I even find this person? There are towns of dwellings, I'm expected to memorize the name and location of every single NPC in this game? Sometimes I end up teleporting to every single dwelling to find a specific NPC, very frustrating.

Also, how does the pet grow bigger? Simply have it tag along when fighting?

7. houseofg

Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Typically missions will result in a huge yellow label in an oval on the map to show you the relevant area.

Pets only get bigger via evolution materials you will (usually...always?) randomly find.

8. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    I was fighting 'Jessica' in The Bawg... was at the last hit and this popped up. Hit 'ok' and the game was froze.
    I'm playing on an iPhone 5 with iOS 7.1.2 - not jailbroken.
    =o/

I restarted the game and I was back about 5 minutes in my game and I was able to just go right back and do it all over again (without an issue the second time).

Just thought I should bring it up.

Attached Files:

9. Zamoofaboo

Zamoofaboo Active Member

Dec 11, 2015
    I know about the circles displayed on the map. I was talking about if you finish a quest (says "finished" in quest log), and need to return to talk to a certain NPC, where do I find the NPC? It will usually only say something like "talk to ABC".

10. houseofg

Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Oh yeah, you're right then. Big pain in the butt because they expect you to remember even when you have upwards of 6 or 7 going at once.

11. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    ^^ I learned that as well - the hard way - once I got the Bawg, I started leaving signs at every single NPC I talked to...

12. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    That sounds as a programming bug. Inform the devs directly.

13. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Can you repost a link to your guide? Looked all over the thread and couldn't find.

Thanks!

14. Rain1dog

Rain1dog Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2010
    Dam nice job... That is no small task... Truly massive game and very time consuming.

I'd be a little depressed, because I'd have nothing to look forward to, game wise.

This is the first game in years that has caught and held my attention and I look forward to playing it.

I just hope we get another gem in the next few months. Usually only get 3-6 triple A games like that a year.

15. SSG1977

SSG1977 Member

Jan 28, 2016
    Purchased several days ago and I'm still enjoying it.

16. I've got a bunch of games that piled up waiting for me just in the 10 days I've been playing this, so I've no shortage. ;)

17. Rain1dog

Rain1dog Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2010

###

Enjoy!

Great work on the guide!

18. Leegames

Leegames Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Ex. game journalist and EiC now PR
    Denmark
    #1279 Leegames, Feb 1, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2016
    Just figured perhaps people could post a pic of their base. After all that is part of the fun I think. :)
    Mine is sorted with animals, crops etc. I still need to move all pets, but it is such a drag going through several portals. Nice lightning and all workstations as well here. Went for all doors instead of walls, so I can go out anywhere I want to.

Yes wasting my time, sue me. :D

Attached Files:

19. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    Lol I've thought about doing all doors for walls, but thought it would lead to annoying misclicks. I wonder if it's possible to do this with a real house...