Universal Crashlands (by Butterscotch Shenanigans) - TA GotY 2016

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jan 21, 2016.

1. imac2much

imac2much Member

Feb 8, 2011
    Houston, TX
    I have tier 3 Glaser and I estimate he does less than 10% of Vooma's damage. See, each of Vooma's projectiles hits for about 2x my normal hit, and he hits extremely fast and in a wide area. Glaser hits multi hits too but each one does about 1/10 of my normal hit. He hits slower than Vooma but more consistently. Definitely not worth it.

Only one that comes close is the last monster but even he does less than 1/2 vooma damage even at tier 3.

2. Leegames

Leegames Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Ex. game journalist and EiC now PR
    Denmark
    Reward is a nice HP regen trinket receipe, but you do not need to beat the Baconweed Fairy to move into the next world, this is a side quest. Also using gutterfly helped me, but in the end I took it with a vomma. :)

3. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    The Pearl Scale is crafted in one of the workbenches ;)

4. Wow you've been watching the numbers so closely? I've just been estimating based on how long it takes to kill something.

I'm worried we'll wake up one day to him nerfed, since they don't need an app update to get a patch through. (But maybe they'll just make the others stronger? Would love the Lyff to show off all that powerlifting he's been doing. :p )

I still sometimes use my Wojack and the poison over time seems to do a fair bit of damage. But ultimately I always end up back with my Vomma.

5. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Laissez les bon temps roulez! Craft me something mister!

6. Xcode

Xcode Member

May 8, 2012
    I just found it when harvesting squee and sawgrass. probably dropped from squee imo. hope this helps.

7. Everyone seems to be looting it in Savanna? Guess I have to go back there. :/

Btw, one of the reasons Vomma is so much better than others is that he seems to change his trajectory if the enemy moves. He seems to catch enemies while they're moving, whereas most other pets would just hit nothing instead.

8. Mess

Mess Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    Don't think they will need anything, after all we aren't playing against anyone but the game...

9. chaos_envoys

chaos_envoys Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    On what difficulty are everyone playing? I'm playing in adventure difficulty, but still got some deaths~ fun game nonetheless~ currently a step from fighting the fairy and that floating head

10. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    How do you use a stone bed? So I got my first pet, kept a straw floor and made two stone he'd one for my home and one for when I'm out adventuring.

It is night time, I placed a straw floor and made the stone bed. The only option I get is to put my let in the bed. I wanted to slee in it to become daytime?

Please advise on a total beginner question!!!

11. imdakine1

Aug 23, 2011
    Looks like what I might have is a stone creature bed? Ugh... I guess I don't have a stone bed yet???

12. #1232 AppUnwrapper, Jan 31, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2016
    Just got the Clarm and looking forward to my Squishy dealing some serious damage. :)

Edit: T2 Gallums aren't so tough now. :)

13. imdakine1

Aug 23, 2011
    I hope I didn't miss a thing as it is a bit strange that I crafted a pet bed before a bed for myself? Does anyone remember when they got to craft their own bed?

14. chaos_envoys

chaos_envoys Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    You'll get the stone bed recipe fron juicebox when you got a quest requiring material from glutterfly

15. bigred447uk

bigred447uk Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    Crashlands junkie reporting in:-

I've done 42 hours and I'm currently mid way through the Bawg. I've got 8 pets with 3 fully maxed and some others embiggened once.

I've crafted every armour set so far and I keep re-rolling for better equipment even though I know my current set will be quickly superceded by something new.

The amount of content here is incredible. I imagine I will easily sink 100+ hours into this. It's not getting in anyway old. If anything it's just getting more compulsive.

I can't see anything else this year being better than this. I'd be a happy man to find its equal this year.

What a game##✌️

16. Derprozess

Derprozess Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2012
    Engineer
    So true!
    This is already the game of my life, it already surpassed BG I & II :D

17. RSA586

RSA586 Active Member

Oct 2, 2013
    Isn't pet damage scaled based on your character's DPS? Could've sworn I read that at some point. Epic Vomma is still my go-to as well. I'm (I think) 2-3 workstations away from having max level gear but I agree some Tundra beasts are ridiculous I can barely damage them.

18. It does. I read that on a loading screen. But I think that just means your pet grows with you. They still have different attack strength.

19. bigred447uk

bigred447uk Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    #1239 bigred447uk, Jan 31, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2016
    Has anybody seen the news?

Some a/hole ripped the apk and uploaded it for sale on Amazon.

BS are petitioning for its removal. The world is a crappy place which is partly why I choose to escape to Woanope I guess.

Edit: the pets have different specialities if you look in the data. So different pets will be better in different fights depending on the enemy.

Choose your pet dependent on your target once you know what type of attacks I guess.

20. Other than doing poison/ice/fire damage, the buffs they offer are for Flux. Any defenses or resistances they have are for the wild ones. Their descriptions don't give an attack power or anything. So it does make sense to choose a pet that gives you a buff you want -- in that regard, Vomma isn't doing much bc I rarely use bombs. But haven't found a pet as powerful that offers a useful buff for me.