Universal Crashlands (by Butterscotch Shenanigans) - TA GotY 2016

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jan 21, 2016.

1. Let me just say, I'm glad a quest gave me Epic Blastcrab essences so I didn't have to hunt those. I've so far managed to kill 1/5 Epic Slurbs and maybe a couple Gulanti -- I have to check. But the Tier 2 Gallum has just so much HP, I get tired before I even make a dent in one.

2. imac2much

imac2much Member

Feb 8, 2011
    Houston, TX
    #1202 imac2much, Jan 31, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2016
    What trinkets do you use? I use all the ones that increase pet damage and use some of the food that further increase it (fruitcake, angry omelette, etc). I don't rely on chrono gadget since it hurts pet dos.

Not an elegant solution but I was able to brute force the gallum once. Never want to do it again though haha.

Off topic but I is it a bug to be able to use water bombs on potted plants? If you stick a soil in the middle of your potted plants then plant anything in it, you can use the water bomb on it and all your potted plants will grow instantly. I use that to farm ice quills and bunnions.

3. I guess I can try some potions and elixirs. I haven't really tried those (but I like those temp boosts you pick up from statues).

Currently using Searchlight, Baconband (may need to phase that out), Safety Gogs, and Pedometer.

I use the blimp for flying, so lost one gadget slot there. Then, I use a long range weapon to attack from a far and the DBOT for getting a few close-range hits in without worry.

4. imac2much

imac2much Member

Feb 8, 2011
    Houston, TX
    You should get a Clarm ASAP. 20% pet dps is nice. I find bloodball is much more helpful than baconband. For last slot I found spice injector is useful for more gadget spamming haha.

5. Btw, I have a theory about the pets, but I've no idea if I'm right or not. It seems creatures in the wild all have different stats, strengths and weaknesses. One might be fast, but then have lower HP than something big and slow. Or hit hard, but die quickly. I'm wondering if they didn't transfer this well to pets that can't die. For instance, a creature with high durability but low attack would make a worthless pet if his attack isn't boosted. Again, just a theory and I could be completely wrong. I'm just trying to make sense out of a Vomma that's so easy to kill in the wild being the strongest pet in the game.

6. Hmm thanks! Will look into those. I think I also have a few trinkets I need to make/test before deciding on what to use permanently.

7. Rain1dog

Rain1dog Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2010
    I just upgraded all my gear to level 7 stuff... Got my 2nd pick... Just completed the quest to seal off the tar pits with 20 floor pieces...

If anyone out there has not bought this masterpiece do yourself a HUGE favor and appease your gaming self.

This game is in my top 5 of all time for iOS. Space Miner, Dead Space, 1st Hero of Sparta... And now Crashlands.

8. Rain1dog

Rain1dog Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2010
    Pearl Scale, where can I find?

I'm at a Mardi Gras Parade in New Orleans playing this on the street...

9. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    I swear... Your site, guide, and guidance is so awesome! I've bought many games after seeing your posts or reviews.

10. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    So the only two quests I have are baconweed fairy and Hewgogo (I set up the dish). If I don't want to do those then what next? How to I get to the Bawg?

11. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    You have to beat Hewgo.

12. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    OK that's what I figured. Is there a pet that anyone would recommend that's better than another for him?

13. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    For the sake of pet balance I think it would be best if Vomma got a tap on the head with the Nerf Stick

14. Have you gotten near the end yet? Some Tundra creatures are crazy tough to kill. I think the better alternative would be to have some of those Tundra pets get a boost to match or beat Vomma.

15. brainbag

brainbag Active Member

Sep 11, 2014
    I would like to see the other pets made more useful. There's no point in using them at all whether Vomma is overpowered or not, they're all pretty useless except for Wompit and Vomma. Way too slow and/or way too little damage. I doubt I'd use a pet at all in Tundra if Vomma wasn't good.

16. HeroComa

HeroComa Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    Student
    Long Beach, California
    When people speak of nerfing Mama Vomma lol
    There's a pretty good pet in the Tundra that's a Deer and I'm looking forward to growing him to 3rd tier

Attached Files:

17. While that one looks cool 'n all, I still find the projectile pets the most useful. I think the Glaser is too slow, as most of them are. Even Bamli and Gulanti, who seem like they should be amazing -- they're too slow.

18. limmyfox

limmyfox Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2011
    I happen to finish it at a lower level. I think I managed it with just a glutterfly and plenty of running around.

19. limmyfox

limmyfox Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2011
    My tartil is one of my fav go to now (still early in the game), all I do is projectile, run around and repeat.

20. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    Wow?! I have all level 5 stuff and nuked him.

You have level 11 stuff!

& my wompit pet is evolved once.

Well ... I didn't nuke him, he's hard. Lol

But it's all about timing ^.^

Hit him 3 times, step back, 3 times, step back. Run through his laser balls and destroy him as much as possible before them teeth come for you. Than its a dodging game until a path is cleared to hit him again.

Make sure to equip shrooms and bacon for health. I kept popping both of them to heal me decently. Also my weapon is level 5 and made sure I had vampire on it. It's a common trait and as you know, heals you ^.^

Really loving the game.

Can anyone guess, if you take your time, how long the content takes to beat?

I really hope expansions come in the future :)