Universal Crashlands (by Butterscotch Shenanigans) - TA GotY 2016

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jan 21, 2016.

1. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    I am def going to try!

2. bazola

bazola Active Member

Mar 8, 2013
    So no one is playing on insane? I'd love to hear other people's experiences with it.

I'm at the fairy tooth boss now. Very hard fight since you die from one direct hit and have to start all over!

Kinda wish I could change the difficulty on the fly.

3. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    I play about 20 minutes a day . Should be done beating it in april

4. Starting to get annoyed with the rarity of some things late game. Wasting some hours just walking around looking for a single item needed for recipes. :/

5. Reaganomics

Reaganomics Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Me too, but I'm enjoying the challenge. The stakes are higher and I don't take pissing off these creature lightly.

6. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    How do one find balloons for tier 2 axe?

7. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    So...Grandmammy-in-law is a known bug? Does it have any repercussions?

8. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Yeah that one had me confused too. All it means is that you go into your creator tools and take all the squares/materials that make up his home, just like you'd do with something you built yourself.

9. houseofg

Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    #1129 houseofg, Jan 30, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2016
    I was just joking. That's the only report I've seen of that happening.

Edit: Actually, just noticed that she's at both locations for me too.

10. Digibear

Digibear Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2012
    One of the quests gives you a water spout schematic you have to put into water. It Uses the octo tubes to make water balloons.

11. tekchic

tekchic Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2009
    Female
    Software Developer
    Phoenix, AZ
    Ok, dumb question, but I'll ask: Is there any way to get the Juicebox to move or stay in a certain place? I'm trying to kill Saucy (I'm not very far into the game, I know)... but the Juicebox keeps getting in the way as I try and dodge/kite the wompit. Also... should these boss fights take like... 10+ minutes? I'm struggling to kill these bigger wompits with the paltry wooden gear I have and just using old school dodge/kite/hit, but I don't have any better recipes.

12. houseofg

Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    I'm not sure what you mean about him getting in the way. I think you can walk right through him.

13. tekchic

tekchic Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2009
    Female
    Software Developer
    Phoenix, AZ
    Really? I seem to be able to hit mine...

14. HelperMonkey

HelperMonkey Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    Iowa
    Need BLULCH! Can't find any.
    Anywhere to look? Scattered randomly around the Bawg, right? But the Bawg hates me (in many ways).
    Advice? I can't make furdle blulch without some damn blulch.

15. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Hmm can't seem to find that quest.. I have already beaten the labyrinth boss...

16. twispby

twispby Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2012
    Did the quest clear for you?

I picked everything up that I could; walls, floor, I even chopped down the electric purple trees around his home! The only thing I can't grab is the tile he's standing on. The quest doesn't say finished like others do, or do I need to talk to someone, or do something else?

17. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Looks like this thread is slowing down. Lots of people either beat it or burnt out on it

18. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    Pray to Maarla, she's multiplying!

If you think those are 'bosses' you've got another thing coming :p
    Don't try and take on things if it will take too long or it is not worth your while. Compete quests to get new workstations to make new gear, and THEN go and smash creatures to pulp :)

If you tap on him directly, yes. I personally don't have this problem, maybe I tap further away or something. Something that stuffs me up is when there's a resource in the way and it stops me from avoiding stuff, but that's nothing to complain about as its my own fault for not leading the monster away, or removing the surrounding environment first.

It's very rare. I've only found 10 so far. Go for a long wander.

This puzzled me for a while because first I forgot the floor, and then when I took the floor my game crashed a minute later, and I couldn't hand in the quest because I needed to suck up the floor again.
    You need to get that bit he's standing on. Make sure you're in floor mode. Perhaps try to swap his floor with one of your own.

19. Those of you who are late game -- is it just me or are some of the Tier 2 & 3 creatures worse than boss battles, even in the final set of equipment?

20. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Juicebox got slightly more annoying. I was fighting one of the epic monsters that rarely moves (just turns to attack) and Juicebox just sat right on top of him, blocking his HP / stat bar. I couldn't tell how close I was to killing it and had trouble seeing his status ailments. Guhhh...