Universal Crashlands (by Butterscotch Shenanigans) - TA GotY 2016

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jan 21, 2016.

1. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    For those with devices which have 512MB of memory, I've played for more than an hour on my iPhone 4S in the Savanna with a lot of map unlocked, and the game crashed every 17 minutes approximately. In the log I see "lowmemory" reports, so it's obvious that the game consumes a lot of memory and 512MB fall short after playing for a while.

This happened without rebooting the device to free memory, so it's possible that playing with a fresh boot might grant more playtime before crashing. Nonetheless, it's better than not being able to play at all, and the savegame is managed fantastic in the game. I lost no progress at all or very little (3-4 seconds maximum) after each crash. The only thing that worries me is taking a big boss fight just to have the game crash. Luckily for me, I usually play on an iPad 3. In that one I haven't suffered any crashes at all (or maybe 1 crash in 9h of gaming, I'm not sure), and the bigger screen allows for better control of the game and the battles.

2. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701

if i remember well you own a jb 4S, in my "clean" 4S there isn't any crash while exploring, it happens only when i open the map after 20/30 minutes (an hour sometimes) of play.

3. Phairdon

Phairdon Active Member

Aug 16, 2013
    Labyrinth

Where do I go for the Get Rekt: Triangulating the Labyrinth? I tried searching the thread but the thread is very large.

4. Rain1dog

Rain1dog Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2010
    I have up to stone making and level one saw...

How do I upgrade to better saws and better than stones tools? I've been killing everything and sawing everything no lick

5. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    You will build your next workbench from within the Stoneshaper. Just keep doing quests and collecting materials until you unlock the schematic for your next workbench. New workbenches give you better tools, weapons etc.

6. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I love getting awesome equipment! I made a new complete set and now I have 15% critical, 10% stun chance, and 10% beserk chance. I feel so good right now :)

7. HEAVY

HEAVY Member

Aug 8, 2015
    Can't. Stop. Playing.

8. tjb

tjb Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Yeah! Still lving this game. Has anybody found a list anywhere of all the quests? That would be radical. Also, is entry to the cultist compound in savanna gained by a later quest?

9. HeroComa

HeroComa Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    Student
    Long Beach, California
    Yea just continue questing and you'll eventually get there.

10. limmyfox

limmyfox Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2011
    Just touch the 3 corners, and step on the square stone in the middle.
    I can't seem to get the radioactive waste though and I've been fishing lots already in the lake near my base! Is it hard to fish the radioactive stuff?

11. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    #1071 VirtualBoyFreak, Jan 29, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2016
    Yeap, my 4S is JB. Nonetheless, I think the problem is mainly related with the amount of unlocked map I have. I've unlocked the 2nd map (Bawg?) two days ago, but I'm still moving mainly in the Savanna to gather resources. My unlocked Savanna map is HUGE, and I move a lot from place to place using the teleporters, so I open the map a lot. Quite possibly that's what's overloading RAM on my device.

In any case, it's nice for me to be able to play on my old 4S on the go. Crashes are a very minor issue given the fact that the cloud and crash-proof savegame is flawless :)

I don't remember fishing in any specific location to get the radioactive waste, but if I'm not mistaken, the game calls it "space debris" when you fish it.

12. Rain1dog

Rain1dog Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2010
    Thank you!

13. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    I can't stop playing. Why can't I stop playing? It's not Crashlands, it's Crack-lands...

I know others have already said it, but this is a complete slam-dunk for Game of the Year, even though it's January. Still, I would LOVE to see what could beat it.

14. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    So...I don't know if this is a bug or not but Grandmammy won't go away lol
    She's still next to the Savannah portal in the bawg, even though she's also at Grandmammypol.
    I've kinda just gone with it the past few days, and can talk to her/hand in quests/get new quests but like is she going to leave? ��
    I built a house thinking she would leave but she's made herself very cosy it would seem...

15. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    #1075 houseofg, Jan 29, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2016
    Sorry. You rolled Grandmammy-in-law.

16. Exuare

Exuare Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2016
    Hahaha I had to laugh out lot because of this! :)

17. HippoHumper

HippoHumper Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2013
    Not sure if this has been asked before but I was curious as to which pet people find the most useful and/or is their favorite? I've been going back and forth between my vomma "Miles" (cuz he's got no legs) and my tartil named "Daryl" (cuz he looks like a Daryl). I like the artillery support from both and Daryl leaves patches of fire everywhere, but unsure which one is better especially for boss fights.

18. I tried a few and ended up going back to Vomma, too. I can't really give my Tartil a chance bc I never looted the Epic Tartil recipe. :(
    The Lyff looks like it might be a good contender and it's so darn cute! I'm hoping to get an egg soon and try it out.

19. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    I might be one of the few who love their wompit most. Stampy just seems to get stuck in and attack more quickly and accurately than Flappy, Slidy, Sludgy or Batty. OK, my five-year-old daughter might have named them, but you should be able to work out who is what. Don't have a vomma yet. so can't compare.

20. Mess

Mess Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    need some help. The white guy at Grandmommy's place gave me a task to go and steal the plans/make the Beakler.

I went to the area on the map, got the key, killed the badguys, got the plan... Then I can't remember what the plan was for. I thought it was for a flamethrower, just crafted that and the quest still isn't over! Also the area is still marked on the map.
    Am I missing something, or do I have a bug? If its a bug, then I am screwed as I don't think I can carry on the main quest without finishing this one :(