Universal Crashlands (by Butterscotch Shenanigans) - TA GotY 2016

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jan 21, 2016.

1. It's Thrombyte. Not sure how you managed to miss it, though, as it's part of a quest as well as lots of recipes. ;)

2. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Oh WOW! Crashlands is #7 in the top paid games charts and #28 in the general top chart in the Spanish App Store. Congratulations BS! :)... This is double amazing, specially since the game is English only and has so much text.

3. AppWhore

AppWhore Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2008
    In the uk it's #10 in all apps and #8 in games

4. Mooro

Mooro Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2010
    I've been playing the game since last week on my iPhone. I just downloaded it to my iPad but when I try to play it I keep getting an error saying 'Could not retrieve campaign information. Check your internet connection and try again'. Internet connection is fine. Using the same iPad to post this message. Anyone know what might be wrong.

5. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Delete app in iPad, reinstall from App Store, log on to BScotchID and sync savegames. That should work.

6. Bohampscious

Bohampscious Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Yep, must be a bug as I've harvested a ton of it.

I never created another of those stations after making the one for the quest. I just kept using the one at the quest site.

7. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    Thanks! I've searched a large area but still no skull island. I'll have to keep looking since everyone's land is randomly generated ^.^

8. Back to using my Vomma. I think he's the fastest and therefor most useful pet (so far).

9. warahyuu

warahyuu Active Member

Nov 10, 2015
    oh nevermind worked it out

10. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Right, but there's no mistaking that lake once you've uncovered it on the map, and that gives you a sense of the distance, which I doubt varies much.

11. houseofg

Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    #1051 houseofg, Jan 28, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2016
    I have a tier 2 Vomma and love it. I named him Ralph. Get it??

I'm guessing yours is elite at this point. Looking forward to that.

12. He's been elite for a while. Thought maybe Bamli was better, but he was too slow for my tastes. Only have 2 pets so far on Tundra, so will see if something better comes up. There are some fun ones there.

13. brainbag

brainbag Active Member

Sep 11, 2014
    Did you use Build Mode (the hammer) to pick up all of his floors, walls, and decorations at Sirixinax?

Some of the quest descriptions are very vague, unfortunately.

14. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Just to clarify, do we all begin at the same place but the actual location of things via quests vary?

I started the game and needed to restart and the actual home and first light I got were in the exact same places or area.

15. bazola

bazola Active Member

Mar 8, 2013
    insane difficulty

Is anyone else playing on Insane difficulty?

I guess it's because I have played just about every crafting game since Minecraft, but for this game I decided to play it on the hardest difficulty. And it is Very Hard! Almost every monster kills you in just one hit. I had to grind out an entire set of gutterfly chitin armor before I could take on the early quest against Saucy, and I needed every bit of upgrades I could get in order to kill Nightwalka. You definitely feel like every single battle and resource are crucial to your survival. I have probably died about 80 times, and I just recently unlocked water balloons.

Not sure if I recommend that anyone try that difficulty though. You have to pay lots of attention during every battle or you will definitely die, even against small monsters! If you are going to try it, definitely start crafting bombs as soon as possible. Those help a lot.

16. houseofg

Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    So, what are the workbenches you have in Bawg? I have the jollyscope and cauldron but I seem to keep getting recipes that show up in neither, like the telescope and purptorch.

17. nosoup4crr

nosoup4crr Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2011
    What a great game. I'm pretty stingy with my ratings, I think. I like a lot of games that I refuse to rate above 3*. But, despite the graphics (which would normally preclude the rating), this got all of the stars I had to give.

18. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    Not sure but I compared Appunwrappers map and mine and they were the same between square lake and where I needed to go.

19. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    Comparing screenshots of other player's maps to my own, it seems that key locations are pretty much in the same position for everyone. It's just the surrounding terrain that is randomly generated.

20. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Is the developer around? This game really benefits from MFi controller suppport