Universal Crashlands (by Butterscotch Shenanigans) - TA GotY 2016

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jan 21, 2016.

1. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    I'm on your boat, and I have the feeling many others are on it too.

Tundra exploits? What exploits? Maybe they're there on purpose. In any case, I've just entered the bawg, so I've still got a long way to go to arrive to the tundra :D

2. ashmike3

ashmike3 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    I get 1-3 hours a day for gaming. Work from home, so I'm in the club ( and lucky) Helpful and fun thread. Very few games, iOS, or any platform, that I've been drawn back to like this one.

3. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    this game is huge 6 hours in I'm on the quest of having to find someone and give them a pin wheel and the map is still like 85% still undiscovered. and there still 2 more after :0099

4. Mess

Mess Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    I keep thinking that about the map, and then I have to go somewhere even further out!!

Me 4. When I originally played Oceanhorn it grabbed me, never managed to complete it though. The laid back nature of this though is still grabbing me!

5. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    I also have a virtual job and work from
    Home and have a co-working office space. Only able 1 hour of gaming for me while watching television! Fastest game to 1000 posts ever on TA? In guessing yes...?

6. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Last question before I hit the "buy" button(I promise lol): is the game complex and with a high learning curve?

I am asking this because I just want to log in and have some fun without being overwhelmed. I have too much work on my life as it is. Also, is it punishing? Can you get a "game over" screen and fail, having to restart?

I just wanna have some fun that lasts for a long while when I log now and then.

7. limmyfox

limmyfox Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2011
    I die a lot, restart, tp back to where i died, collect back my loot, and continue from there. The fun comes from the sandbox exploration, you complete the quests whenever you want to. Battle can be hard for some folks, but you're either good enough to tackle higher level creeps, or just keep farming for items by tackling not too high level creeps. And running in one direction feels neverending!

8. bluspacecow

bluspacecow Well-Known Member

May 3, 2012
    It is a complex game with a low learning curve IMHO. Fairly easy to pick up but if you are concerned about how hard it is to learn to play there's a good beginners guide here :

http://www.appunwrapper.com/2016/01/22/crashlands-walkthrough-guide/

There is no game over screen. If you die you get transported back to your base and your corpse is marked on the map.

And yes it is possible to just log in to have some fun. You can make your own fishing pools that you can farm if you like. Or just start up the game and go farm ingredients for health pots. No pressure.

I am 20 mins away from 20 hours played. I have brought both the iOS version and the Steam version. You have people that have played it for more hours then me.

It's worth the money.

9. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    @Dankrio: it's easy enough to pick and learn to play quickly. Much easier IMO than other games such as Junk Jack, Terraria, etc. The fact of no perma-death and save anywhere allows for quick 5 minutes sessions or longer sessions without any problems. Perfectly suited for my life (full day job, 2 children,...).

10. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Thanks! It might be just the thing I was looking for.

11. Mess

Mess Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    echo what the others said. you can jump in for a few minutes and do some crafting/hunting/fishing or play for hours doing quests and side quests :)

12. Kraudi2k

Kraudi2k Well-Known Member

May 24, 2012
    Male
    The game is really cool but the only thing which keeps me away from it a bit is that most of the time I just do not understand what I should be doing because I'm german and I do not understand all of those conversations.

Sometimes I'm getting angry when the quests are gettig more and more and I am not able to finish them :-D

13. brighteyes74

brighteyes74 Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Harrow , England
    How do we get the wooden chest plate armour.

14. drjustice

drjustice Member

May 6, 2012
    I might have found an incredibly detailed Easter egg... or it was just a coincidence. I went back to finish the baconweed fairy quest line with my wompit pet in tow, and the thing jumped away as soon as one of the NPCs talked about taking wompit teeth. Do pets have reactions to conversations!?

15. Mess

Mess Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    the very first chest armour?

its made at the sawmill, you need 15 Log's and 5 Sawgrass leaves. Not sure where the recipe came from though. If you dont mean that, then I don't know as you must be further in the game than me ;)

16. brainbag

brainbag Active Member

Sep 11, 2014
    I seem to be stuck in the Bawg. Nothing I've done has made the Centrifuge blueprints drop, and I've done probably 20 quests. All of the remaining quests I have require me to build something in the Centrifuge, including the fishing pole. What quest does the Centrifuge drop from?

17. I don't remember exactly, but how far are you in the Petty Theft quest? That one gives you a lot of the main crafting schematics, so the Centrifuge might have been from that, too.

18. Toney

Toney Member

Nov 20, 2014
    I'm a huge old time Fallout fan, and I'm enjoying this game more than Fallout 4.
    Thanks guys for rocking my socks off!

19. TywinTheVile

TywinTheVile Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2013
    I found a lot of them the further out i explored at night. Generally speaking the further out you explore the bigger the enemies will be and finding epic enemies is easier. Once you find one, I'd put a sign there and search that area for the second. That worked for me.

20. BlottoBrah

BlottoBrah Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2013
    US
    Love the game!

Any advice on getting Tartil tongues? That drop rate is ridiculously low, and I'm trying to get my pet to tier 2. Any hot spots on how to farm?