Universal Crashlands (by Butterscotch Shenanigans) - TA GotY 2016

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jan 21, 2016.

1. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Thanks for the info, guys! I mispelled "scope".

I am probably gonna grab it, even if I am not into the "craft" thing.

2. Veronavox

Veronavox New Member

Jan 27, 2016
    Not anymore, no

3. VidGamrJ

VidGamrJ Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2015
    It's huge. I saw somewhere the devs said the total area of all 3 maps was the size of a small country.

4. Dankrio

Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    OMG, really???!!!

5. jbsib

jbsib Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Nah not really, as you can probably tell from the forum most people complete it in an hour or so.

6. Dankrio

Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    There's no need to be rude or sarcastic.

7. HEAVY

HEAVY Member

Aug 8, 2015
    Ok. So maybe I'm crazy. But I'm having a really hard time enjoying this game. I haven't gotten very far by any means.... But only because I feel like the game won't let me. I only have one quest in my log to complete, and it's the one where you have to make a Wompit garter. My character does not have super good armor or weapons as I am still in the beginning phase of the game. Anyways.... The Wompit garter requires a crazy amount of stone (149) and also requires 12 Wompit essence from those big blue Wompits. Well I have been exploring like crazy, and there are barely any stone or blue Wompits to complete the quest, and so I have just been getting killed by monsters trying to find scarce resources ..... Is there a way to unlock OTHER quests? Maybe I'm a complete idiot but really... I want to do other things than try to find stone that the map does not even have ....

8. Bohampscious

Bohampscious Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Bamli is my fave...the multi-electric balls just wreck things.

9. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    It sounds like you still have plenty of quests to do. Have you revisited locations and talked to characters multiple times? As for stones, they are everywhere. Just try wandering out further from your camp.

10. VidGamrJ

Jan 17, 2015
    Yup. I was trying to see if I could find where they said exactly how big it was, but I couldn't. On the Crashlands homepage it says the world is so huge it would take decades to fully explore. I'm sure that's a slight exaggeration, but then again I don't know how long it would take to explore a video game world the size of a small country.

11. Zamoofaboo

Zamoofaboo Active Member

Dec 11, 2015
    I know quests give different crafting stations, so that's the only way to unlock new armour and weapons? I'm only like 1-2 hours into this game and already it's this difficult, all the enemies are like damage sponges. Also potions/flowers, and life steal on weapons are the only way to heal HP? I was surprised going to the base doesn't regen HP.

Also can someone answer the question about furniture in the second paragraph.

12. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Tried searching thread but couldn't find.... Anyone know how to get the level 2 pick axe?

13. modus_ataraxia

modus_ataraxia Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2015
    Craft a bed and sleep in it. Full HP restore. Can take it anywhere, too. Also, later you can find a gadget that heals half your remaining HP whenever you use it.

14. Dankrio

Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    #975 Dankrio, Jan 27, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2016
    I am even more hyped right now.

The sync between devices and save state is really a plus for me. Looking forward to playing it.

Does it play nicely on iphone or is the screen too small?

15. VidGamrJ

Jan 17, 2015
    I play on iPhone 6 and it plays great.

16. Dankrio

Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    I have a 5c. :(

17. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    I have a 4S and it plays great too. I prefer playing on the iPad 3 though...

18. Dankrio

Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Thanks for the info!

I prefer playing on bigger screen, however this game has a lot of things to do and I might do some things on the go. The cloud sync is perfect for that.

19. It really is. Wish all games had iCloud even if iPhone isn't always ideal.