Universal Crashlands (by Butterscotch Shenanigans) - TA GotY 2016

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jan 21, 2016.

1. Glad to hear! :)

2. I was stuck on that a while, too, bc I didn't realize the little red dot tagged "Powaapol" was where I was supposed to go. I realized after that it said that on the quest. :/

3. RenTin850

RenTin850 Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2013
    Is the only way of getting pets is from eggs? Or is there some sort of way to get and tame already living animals?

4. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
  5. •Robert•

•Robert• New Member

Jan 23, 2016
    Finished game. #### kinda sucks having to craft 35 different armor levels especially the last set. Also game sometimes crashes when trying to map 100+ chunks

6. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    You finished? Wow... congrats! How many hours do you think put into the game?

7. TokyoDan

TokyoDan Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2010
    This is one great game. Funny how I like the concept of crafting games but could'd never really get into them...they were too confusing or troublesome. Now I realize that was because of the UI. Crashlands nails it. It is not troublesome in the least. This crafting game lives up to the concept and perfects the execution.

8. DarkClawz

DarkClawz Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    I'm 35+ hours into it and not in a hurry to beat it. I'm gonna guess you did mostly the main quest line?

Question: thrombytes, how do I get the device to suck their goodies?
    Thanx for any info

9. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    I'm in the same boat as you... Although I never did play mine craft I did get Terreria and Junk Jac X. I enjoyed junk jack X for a few hours but I think it got to complicated with crafting and no real purpose. This game has quickly become one my favorite mobile games ever and I think it is both the UI and size of the game.

I've always been a sucker of big world games... I liked gta V on my PS3 since I felt I was in a living world and could do anything. Drive, boat, fly etc...

This game has the same feeling of being open ended to do whatever with great quests.

10. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    I got the "can't download main campaign" error both on my iPhone and iPad last night. A reinstall fixed it in both cases, but I hope I don't need to reinstall each time a campaign fix is launched, since I'm not always with my PC near...

11. jbsib

jbsib Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Anyone know of a good area to find bloated gutterfly?

12. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    I think syncing your save fixes it or something.
    I would also like to know this. I met one once when I was a weak little flux but don't remember where.

13. limmyfox

limmyfox Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2011
    How do I get rubber balloons?

14. nickchester

nickchester Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Doh! Maybe it's hand-holdy, but I wish the quests had a TL;DR objective that was straightforward. Anyhow... to Powaapol! Thanks. :)

15. ZorakZoran

ZorakZoran Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2010
    France
    Great game, no doubt, but the grinding... It's just too long, honestly... I just bought Dungelot 3 too, paying game too, and the same grinding mechanics as an f2p. Help me. Maybe I'm bad at these games, but for me grinding is not a pleasure, I like to play games, not running circles gathering God knows what. Seriously guys. More game, less farming. I understand I should have waited for reviews, maybe the game isn't made for me, but this takes too much time to progress, upgrading pets takes ages for example, for me it's too long. Timing for construction, timing for farming, fishing, etc... Well, why ? Isn't the game long enough, was it really necessary to implement this ?

And the UI has a lot of small problems. Especially the map, but in general the UI needs a lot of improvements.

On the plus side I love the combat gameplay, the markings for attacks, great thing. The universe in general is really cool. Anyway, sorry if sounding harsh, but I hope some of these things will be corrected, I've not read the entire thread so maybe I've overlooked an answer on some of these problems, maybe.

16. HeroComa

HeroComa Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    Student
    Long Beach, California
    Has anyone found Jak and Flec, I for the life of me cannot find them and I'm exploring all of North East of Grandma's place

17. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Nope, that didn't work. At least not for me...

18. HeroComa

HeroComa Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    Student
    Long Beach, California
    When that happened to me I couldn't get the cloud save when I switched to my iPad to my phone and it said the same exact thing.
    I waited an hour and it was fine, maybe it was the server side of the game.

19. •Robert•

•Robert• New Member

Jan 23, 2016
    Thrombytes turn into a workstation when you get crafting recipe later in the game

20. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    Inside Grandma's?