Universal Crashlands (by Butterscotch Shenanigans) - TA GotY 2016

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jan 21, 2016.

1. Glad to help! :)

Now I just need to figure out what and where the Codewall is. The quest log really needs to keep more data saved. :/

2. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Has anyone asked for MFi controller support yet? If no, I am asking for MFi controller support

3. RenTin850

RenTin850 Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2013
    Can someone tell me how to get eggs or how do I get a pet? I have a wompit but can't remember if I found it or was it given to me. And how do i wompit essence I think that's what it's called. I'm on the Gartering Hope quest.

4. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Wait! You're saying I can't craft an endgame ultra mega laser for Juicebox? DA HELL MAN. If only...:rolleyes:

Haha I would bring him along sometimes for fun (he's adorably hilarious) but when battles get crazy I'm like WTF MOVE YOU BOX OF JUICE DAMN IT! TRYING TO SURVIVE HERE!

5. mcarthon

mcarthon Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2009
    I'm on a mission called distratinaty protocol and I need to bring Kissoot

Spice of Wojack

Boba of a Vomma

Fulmar from a jollychomps belly

Where are these? Do I have to kill something? Not sure what to do.

6. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    I think it's a random drop that is higher rated at stronger monsters? (the help screen says anyone can drop an egg). I'm not sure if there's an exact trigger for your second pet which would probably be the glitterbug. So keep doing missions and killing them and you'll get one eventually. Wompit essences are in the mid-level Wompits. Might be the darker ones? Sorry my memory isn't exact but these are generally the main points I got when playing.

Also I'm pretty sure some eggs won't drop until certain quests are done. Seems like the octopus guy is the last of the 3 starters to unlock.

7. The first two are from domesticated pets. The last is from Jollychomps.

8. mcarthon

mcarthon Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2009
    Thank you!

I wish if I clicked on a quest it would direct to me where I need to go on the map. It's getting a bit confusing at the bawg having 8 active quests and trying to get what people are where can be a problem, haha.

I need to start using the sings I just don't know who's important enough to mark on the map sometimes.

9. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Complete change of mind for me. Like this game the most from minutes into wanting to delete

10. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Appunwrapper,

Can you paste a link to your guide? I'm going to really get into playing tomorrow and I'd like to be able to reference the guide if I get too stuck.

Billy

11. TywinTheVile

TywinTheVile Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2013
    I have nests for my favorite pets at both homes. I really only use Flywin the Epic Gutterfly.

12. jameslavis

jameslavis Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2011
    Anyone figure it how to get that butterfly? Can't find these dusk things either

13. Agreed! That's been wasting so much of my time trying to figure out where I'm supposed to return to. It's my main issue with an otherwise great game. I know there are a lot of quests, so it's a lot for the developers to keep on top of, but that's also why it's a lot for players to keep on top of. :/ Too many times the name of an area also disappears before we're done using it for a quest. I only managed to find them again because I took screenshots while they were still on my map. Very frustrating.

14. I need to give mine another chance. But it's hard to give up my Vomma! Been making mincemeat of all the bosses for me.

15. DarkClawz

DarkClawz Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    #916 DarkClawz, Jan 27, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2016
    Crashlands seems to always find a way to not get boring...just sayin

16. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    I only have the first three pets but they're all great in their own way.

Right NOW, I would put the edge with the Octopus pet (sorry I'm bad with names) because it's moderately fast and deals good damage. It does however miss often because it shoots in a line. It should be a lot better leveled up when it has an even bigger attack area.

The insect is the best for attacking constantly with great range but it attracts way too many enemies when it misses, which is especially brutal when fighting powerful or epic bosses and having other enemies jump in.

The wompit is an all rounder and has a double jump which is very reliable. I think the only downside is the damage output seems to be so-so so far for me compared to the octopus. It's single jump also can miss very easily if the enemy is very mobile.

Anyhow these are totally opinions. I'm sure lots of people have different play styles which use different pets.

17. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
  18. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    Fairly sure egg drops aren't restricted to quests. I got a wat egg before I got a zug egg, and this was before I even unlocked the station for their incubators!
    Lucky me, I got one of those Volla thing eggs within 10 minutes of entering the bawg! I've traded it for my lovely bug.
    Everything takes a while to kill here, and their attacks are harder to dodge! It's an evily good feeling when you vaporise them in a patch of Jollychomps :)

19. nickchester

nickchester Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Really like this game. Great stuff. Maybe stupid questions: early quest, Crafty Contact, requires me to find a "resonant substance." I'm told it's marked on my map, but... it's definitely not. Any guidance? Been wandering for awhile and have run into nothing. :(