Universal Crashlands (by Butterscotch Shenanigans) - TA GotY 2016

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jan 21, 2016.

1. mysw1

mysw1 Member

Oct 11, 2013
    I forgot who we're supposed to catch, and the quest doesn't give much detail. where to plant the goldbait?

2. bscotchshenani

bscotchshenani Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2013
    HEYO!

Just popping in. As some of you have noted, we are indeed being crushed by a wave of humans across the internet. Sorry I'm not able to pop by more often! Let me hit a few things I saw though:

1) Internet connectivity issues - when we push an update to the campaign to fix a quest problem (Like that of the Barbraan key questline), it will cause some goofiness for a few hours until everything syncs back up. You can fix this IMMEDIATELY by going to the SAVES button on the main menu and hitting "SYNC SAVES" button. It'll get you up to date. (If that doesn't work a reinstall does - just make sure your save is on the cloud)

2) Map scrollage - scrolling the map requires some extremely highly optimized drawing code so as to not overwhelm most mobile devices computational power, which has been a pain for us since the beginning. Seth is working on swiping to move around code, but we needed something that was functional enough for launch. We're hoping to get this working in the Quality of Life (QoL) patch, which will be the 2nd one.

WOO! Thanks to all of you for playing the hell out of this game - means a lot after the past 2 years :)

KBAI!
    samuel

3. bigred447uk

bigred447uk Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    Certainly playing the hell out of it. It's a stone cold classic. Up there with the very best of video games across all time and any platform.

Amen!

4. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    I could be wrong on this but the no returns on Media (tv/movies/games) is mostly because of how easy they are (were?) to copy them and return them.

5. I figured it out -- it's the relic sites. I added it to my guide for others who might get confused.

6. brainbag

brainbag Active Member

Sep 11, 2014
    By the time you're making things in the Bawg, it's not that good anymore. You can make the weapon from the first Bawg workstation and get something better. Eit takes quite a while in the bawg to get the second workstation, so I recommend making the first stations weapons and any armor you need.

7. Bohampscious

Bohampscious Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    You are my hero!

8. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I wish there was a way to put Juicebox into the home so he doesn't follow me around. Battles can get really hectic and he doesn't actually do anything (when you have a pet he just clutters up the screen). I just wish he'd teleport in to events and chat if he's not there but then he's not necessary otherwise.

9. Agreed! Least he could do is fire a laser if he insists on getting in the way. :p

10. twispby

twispby Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2012
    Just reached the bawg and I have a question that has probably been answered in this thread, but is there any way to track different recipes when you're away from your base?

I haven't been able to discover a way to do this, but I may have missed something.

11. Mess

Mess Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    Oh this game gets better and better!

So I spent ages getting stuff for my fishing rod, and then realised I had farmed enough to make a new set of armour and weapon! And now I have a load more quests to do... Awesome!

12. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Thanks for the advice. I just entered the Bawg so I'll forget about the Butterfly. Must have been a bug because I finished all side quests. Just to rub it in, I just got an irregular crystal, though maybe it wasn't my first.

So, does everyone pack up and move to the Bawg, or go back and forth? Seems like this could become a bit of a pain!

13. TywinTheVile

TywinTheVile Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2013
    I have two homes. Bawg and Savanna. I moced my savanna home to be at the warp site. I have all workstations at both houses so no matter where i am i can build what i need.

14. Bohampscious

Aug 27, 2012
    Nobody puts Juicebox in the corner!

15. You can only track one recipe at a time. It shows in the upper right hand corner.

16. But then where do you keep your pet? It's allllll about the pets! I just moved everything and will likely move again to the third world. Glad there isn't too much reason to go back and forth a lot.

17. Bohampscious

Aug 27, 2012
    Quality of Life suggestion:

Ability to view current tracked recipe info while away from station. Perhaps by tapping icons on recipe HUD to bring up details for each material.

18. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Yeah I decided to just move everything to the Bawg. Want nearly as much of a pain as I thought it would be. Wasn't like my first place was going to be featured on Home and Garden!

Realized long ago that all you really need is a glorified rug. And the g-gnome. Just a glorified rug and the g-gnome. And the Wobbler. Just the glorified rug, the g-gnome gnome and the Wobbler...

19. Leegames

Leegames Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Ex. game journalist and EiC now PR
    Denmark
    Just quoting you as I am lazy. :D

Just wanted to say thanks for the work in progress guide at Appunwrapper. Helped me finish that darn tooth fairy quest line.
    Great stuff! :)

20. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    I missed the g-gnome :'(
    Good thing it can be found in the wilderness. Yet to find it though.