Universal Crashlands (by Butterscotch Shenanigans) - TA GotY 2016

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jan 21, 2016.

1. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    I've seen prior discussions about a butterfly (legendary weapon?). Is that a random recipe drop? I am about to head to the Bawg and still haven't seen it.

2. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    I have the recipe, but haven't gotten the drop to make it. I believe the recipe was a random drop.

3. bigred447uk

bigred447uk Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    I'm 25 hours in and still not left the the first biome. I've got the legendary butterfly thing and legendary helm and a few nice items like the Flingaramb and that invulnerability shield thing.

This game is so good I could almost weap with joy.

Pro tip: Craft fish food to create your own fish farm on water near your base. It's really helping me keep stocked up on Dusky healing potions.

4. houseofg

Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Thanks, Misguided. Hopefully it drops soon.

bigred- I thought about stocking up on that fish food but I recall one of the ingredients being rare or a bit too much work to gather on that scale.

5. thomasnewman1

thomasnewman1 New Member

Jan 26, 2016
    Two questions: 1.) Any tips for beating the large boss in Tommah's Cove? 2.) How do you acquire the recipe for enlarging the pet Wompit?

6. mysw1

mysw1 Member

Oct 11, 2013
    where do you plant the snare?

7. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    #867 Nekku, Jan 26, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
    It's not a random drop. You'll get it as a quest reward from one of the four guys (the white one) standing in grandmommy's house, iirc. They have several quests to complete. The oddly shaped crystal shard which you'll need to craft the sword on the other hand, is a very rare drop which you'll get from deconstructing dusk shards. Took me almost 2 hrs farming until it dropped for me (you can also use seeds to farm them). It's worth it, though!

8. ItouchBrett

ItouchBrett Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    The only thing I want redone in this game is the map function. Having to press the arrows is the only awkward thing about this game. If you could press one finger and just drag the map around it would be awesome. 5/5 stars. I hope someone else mentioned this so devs could see it possibly upgrade that part :)

9. Bohampscious

Bohampscious Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Anyone know what I should next for the "Shrouded Myths" quest line?

Currently on the "Uncover the other Half" step but the quest dialog gives me no indication what I should be doing:

Flux: "I know the drill - time to bust it open."

Juicebox: "Then bustle back to Jak."

That's it...Talking to Jak does nothing.

10. I have the same problem. Wish the dialogue for all quests would stay in our log.

11. Durduhdur

Durduhdur Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2012
    Anyone else having the could not retrieve campaign information error? Haven't been able to play for a couple days now # I also noticed it isn't syncing items properly between iOS and steam. Now game won't work at all on my phone.

12. Bohampscious

Bohampscious Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Try deleting and reinstalling on phone...worked for me when I had same issue.

13. Exuare

Exuare Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2016
    Yup, just re-install and it works perfectly again

14. houseofg

Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    #874 houseofg, Jan 26, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
    Well that's odd. I think I've finished all their quests. Makalak does have a permanent dialog now about applying healing pressure to a wound. I thought he just liked saying it (after giving the healing potion recipe) but maybe he's stuck..? I show no active quests from Grandmammy's house. Just down to Baary and High Ground. This sucks if a great weapon.

Which bench gets the recipe?

15. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Any of the butterscotch folks watching this thread? They have shut off posting on their forums and I am not making a reddit account to file a bug report.

16. thomasnewman1

thomasnewman1 New Member

Jan 26, 2016
    Anywhere in the area of the people that you are trying to catch.

17. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    I am pretty sure some recipes don't drop until you have certain pets that can make the ingredients.

18. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    They are around, but I guess they're overwhelmed atm. I check this thread several times a day and every time I access there are five new thread pages. And this is only TA. Imagine this in many other webs...

19. bamloki

bamloki Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Paramedic
    Graz, Austria
    It's simply impossible for me to get throak polyps ... Someone mentioned earlier that throak monster drop them, but I killed at least 50 of them without success - can anyone help me?

20. You might have to kill the bigger ones.