Universal Crashlands (by Butterscotch Shenanigans) - TA GotY 2016

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jan 21, 2016.

1. Give him a Stony Burn Salve. ;)

2. TywinTheVile

TywinTheVile Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2013
    Thanks AppUnwrapper. Also glad to see you as always.

3. You too!

Part of me regrets starting this game because I can't stop playing. :p

4. TywinTheVile

TywinTheVile Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2013
    I can't either. Been a long time since any iOS game hooked me like this! Probably not since the first Infinity Blade.

5. OtherSilhouette

OtherSilhouette Active Member

Mar 12, 2014
    So I've really been enjoying this game for the past couple days and I love how challenging and creative it is. I'm confused with monsters though. I notice that they tend to travel in packs and that's a huge problem for me because I have a hard time fighting them alone. Are we really expected to fight hordes of monsters at a time and does it get easier? I'm currently heading to Gramms Labratory in search of a battery if that gives anyone an idea of where I am. And how long am I going to be stuck in the beginner deserty area? I'm sorry if I'm irritating but I am just completely lost in this game at the moment since I've currently just been farming those poisonous night-bugs.

6. mcarthon

mcarthon Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2009
    Lack of teleporters in bawg is quite the adjustment haha.

And where can I find bloated glutterfly essence. I'm guessing from a bloated glutterfly. When do I find them? Are they in the bawg or Savannah.

Thanks

7. mcarthon

Feb 21, 2009
    You will probably be able to create survival situations like having to eat food and sleep to survive. I wouldn't mind that to switch up for a me challenge. And I liked don't starve it was a bit hardcore but still my kind of game but def prefer this more.

8. Savannah. They're really difficult to find. Luckily you only need to find two of them.

9. WjndWalk3r

WjndWalk3r Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2015
    Try to craft a bed first, so you can skip daytime to night time whenever you want, after that, just roaming around wherever you like, it's not that hard to find them :) sometime, they come with serveral normal one so it's quite challenge to deal with them :D

10. mcarthon

Feb 21, 2009
    Thanks thanks yeah I did that bed trick had to make another one because one time I woke up and just left the bed and floor behind haha totally forgot to grab it.

11. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    Everyones favorite pets?

12. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    I need help: I'm with the 4 Quadrupous Brothers and one of them asks for explosive sacks that come from a plant (he's the one on the bottom right). The thing is that I already had 8 of the sacks when I talked to him. He wants 5. Every time I talk to him he says "did you find the sacks yet?", and I'm stuck with that. Is it a bug? Do I have to craft something which I'm not aware of? Thanks.

13. jbsib

jbsib Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Also had some trouble with this. Basically those plants can produce several sacks, a generic one which it drips most of the time, and then volatile sacks which are very rarely dropped. You need 5 of the volatile ones.

14. I did that with a Thrombopump. :/ As I was teleporting, I was thinking NOOOOOOOO!!

15. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Thanks, will keep harvesting then! :)

16. mcarthon

Feb 21, 2009
    Been wandering Savannah the for 4 full nights and on,y found one bloated glutterfly. This is getting old haha. Is there a certain distance I should be out when looking for them? Or just random. The farther I go out I see more wats so should I stay closer in?

17. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    While I agree it is fair to have refunds... However isn't it interesting that the digital world provides refunds and from my experience (haven't bought a console game in a few years) we couldn't return a console game for refund of it was opened... Just sayin.... iOS game .99-19.99 and refund but console game no refund. The gaming world has changed with flexibility for mobile and now way no refund for console games..

18. Durduhdur

Durduhdur Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2012
    The bloated ones are somewhat 'rare' just keep hunting you'll find them.

19. roy2x

roy2x Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2015
    You should have marked the spot with a sign so you can just go back to it after sleeping and from what I noticed you see rarer mobs more often the farther you go.

20. bigred447uk

bigred447uk Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    Am I right in thinking I should max out my gear and fully upgrade my pets prior to leaving the Savannah?

I'm worried that I might not be able to return to the Savannah once I complete the Higher Ground quest line.

I could do with a change in biome after 22 hours in the Savannah but I don't want to miss the opportunity to upgrade all my pets if I can't get back.