Universal Crashlands (by Butterscotch Shenanigans) - TA GotY 2016

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jan 21, 2016.

1. pepsodont

pepsodont Well-Known Member

Jun 1, 2014
    This game is hillarious. I frequently wake up my GF by laughing out loud.

This doesn't happen to me often.

Hats off to you, Butterscotch Brothers!

2. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Still fun over 2 hours into the game. A lot of stuff to explore and exploit and no need to worry about feeding. ;)

Seriously, this needs controller support today, right now.

3. modus_ataraxia

modus_ataraxia Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2015
    22 hours here. All 4 bosses beaten. Highest tier gear created. Wrapping up subquests and maxing out pets, at the moment.

4. mcarthon

mcarthon Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2009
    As if this game couldnt get any better update will add user created campaigns and modding!!! Wow going to lose my life in this game

5. Leegames

Leegames Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Ex. game journalist and EiC now PR
    Denmark
    #785 Leegames, Jan 26, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
    Not everyone is prepared or able to sit in a specific position (or want to have a stand) to play on their iPad. I for one have spinal injuries, and that means having to put the ipad in a stand, fixed position or something like that means bye bye to playing more than half an hour. Unless I want to "enjoy" this as much as I do working at a PC at the office. ;)

Also it is not the tapping that is exhausting (just annoying), it is having to sit in a fixed position or holding the pad with one hand etc. That is really not needed for this kind of game.

What I wonder is why you (or anyone else) care so much, that some people would like this option. It is not like anything is taken away from your enjoyment, but a lot more people would actually have fun with this game.

I get your argument with certain things like fishing being a chore to implement with touch, but I do think you miss the point: It's not black or white. You have your wanted control scheme. For a lot of people it is not wanting a 100% pad interface, just the option to move the character without tapping, What I would like is simply a floating pad to control movement and auto-action when pushing in the direction of an action/harvest object. I would still be okay having to tap enemies for throwing the mirror or wrench, tap for fishing etc as that would definitely making implementing this easier on the devs. There are so many great examples of this working already.

But really why keep discussing this and take away from the fact that almost everybody is still enjoying this game (apart from Den Den getting a refund)? ;)

If they add it: Hooray! I would be extra happy. I they don't: Still hooray, we got a bloody good game here. :)

6. TywinTheVile

TywinTheVile Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2013
    22+ hours for a $5 game is great! Love it

7. Leegames

Jul 1, 2010
    Denmark
    I think the fact that he is still playing and maxing out stuff is even greater. :)
    Awesome!

8. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    I got an iPad Pro. I stand it up in its case and can tap merrily away all day long.
    Though it is always nice to have different control options, expecially with touch screens.

An option might be to go buy the Steam version so at least you dont miss out on a great game.
    And if the devs ever do implement some other sort of touch controls you can easily transfer your Steam save to your tablet.

9. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    Since I started playing this I've totally neglected my Pocket Mortys and my Clash Royale clan kicked me out.

10. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    @Leegames my post wasn't intended to be aggressive, just trying to help out people that aren't coping well with the controls, and give some food for thought to the people that don't understand why it isn't in the game (currently).
    Also my stand is actually part of my iPad case. It covers the screen when I'm not using it, and then I just flip it around and can use it ultimate ways. I think it's way better than the Apple ones which detach easily and still require some holding.

But yeah if the bros want to put it in I'm fine with it, it's just that they're really busy right now with feedback and updates. Implementing a new control scheme takes time :)

11. Leegames

Jul 1, 2010
    Denmark
    #791 Leegames, Jan 26, 2016
    Never took it that way, and likewise. :)

Ye, I have several stands as well, but whenever I use them, I ask myself: Why am I not sitting gaming on my consoles or Mac then? My iPad gives me that freedom of being able to move me and my screen as I like, and that is why I prefer that platform and being able to use both hands to hold my iPad for action games.

Anyways... What a fregging great game. I haven't really enjoyed a "topdown ARPG" this much since Zelda, and haven't enjoyed grinding this much since WoW and Skyrim. :D

12. jared9876

jared9876 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Dallas TX
    Love the game but o have a few questions. One how can I get water balloons? And two how can I move my house from the crash site?

13. Leegames

Jul 1, 2010
    Denmark
    Quest line involving a person named Ramerl. You craft a pump (basically another working station) then go nuts. :)

Any teleport can be set as home. Click it, choose home, move your stuff (or make new). :)

14. jared9876

jared9876 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Dallas TX
    Sweeeet thanks bro!

15. Leegames

Jul 1, 2010
    Denmark
    No problem. Glad to help. :)

16. modus_ataraxia

modus_ataraxia Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2015
    #796 modus_ataraxia, Jan 26, 2016
    My sentiments exactly. Though, I am dying for some post-game content.

Radiant quests (aka, repeating generated quests) after the credits roll would be what takes this game from "excellent", to "classic staple".

Examples:
    - Go kill a big enemy
    - Fend off enemy waves
    - Deliver X resources
    - Build a shelter in X location

These are the things that keep you playing once you've done everything the main game has to offer. This game will be staying on my device, but the above is what would keep me playing it.

17. TywinTheVile

Sep 24, 2013

Agree with all of the above. Let's see how the game grows after a few content updates. The update allowing players to create their own quests sounds promising.

18. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Currently #2 for paid apps on U.S. iPad App Store. Push it to the limit B.scotch Bros!!

19. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    #10 for paid iPhone apps in U.S. App Store. Do it do it!!

20. TywinTheVile

Sep 24, 2013
    I can't figure out how to do the "bring Baakfleep home" quest. I just skipped it and was enjoying my time in the bawg but iyd bugging me. Any help would be appreciated. Sorry if it's been answered, didnt see it when i searched.