Universal Crashlands (by Butterscotch Shenanigans) - TA GotY 2016

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jan 21, 2016.

1. zen_mode

zen_mode Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2015
    Sydney
    You'd be shockingly surprised by how many recent and popular games, even turn-based, omit this feature. Five Card Quest, Sprogiwood, Runestone Keeper and many other recent titles didn't bother with it. All of these are turn-based as well. Almost every recent game made in Unity does not have save states.

So it really is appreciated that a real-time game such as this has this included.

2. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    Bought and downloading :) it looks like it's a more lenient and colorful Don't Starve type game. I played Don't Starve nonstop in the week when it came out, but without a story and entirely too much to do, i stopped.
    I hope Crashlands can pull me in more with the story-quest-guide. I don't know if it has V-stick, but it sure would be nice, especially for iphones.
    Plus, i learned one of the devs beat cancer, so congrats dude! Healthy and joyous years to you from now on :)

3. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    For those keen Australians who are waitong for it to come up from the App Store search, search one of their other games instead and go to 'related'!

4. bobaferret

bobaferret Member

May 12, 2012
    Washington
    Instabought!!

5. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    Downloading now.. I love you guys, I might disappear for a while

6. icoker

icoker Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    I'm completely new to the hype or what this game has to offer but is this sort of like Dont Starve in the sense that it combines rpg elements with survival?

7. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Going to fire it up soon, didn't really follow this through development and with how great it sounds now I wish I had unlocked some of those perks from their other games.

8. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    Watch this fall behind the GOTY race when it's decided that Lolsliders is so good it counts for this year too.

9. Shaun Musgrave

Shaun Musgrave Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Freelance writer, teacher, business owner
    Ibaraki, Japan
    I've already put in 26 votes for Landsliders for GOTY 2016, and I've only just begun stuffing the ballots.

10. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    They say "Crashlands consists of three infinitely(ish)-large, procedurely-generated biomes: the Savannah, Bawg, and Tundra"

https://www.crashlands.net/

11. NightmareCC

NightmareCC Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2014
    You had a full battery when you started to play?

Yeah you´re right! Desktop Dungeons is another game that doesn´t include this feature.
    With an Air 2 an the 2 GB RAM you could have the luck that the game doesn´t close when you fire up another app.
    But still pretty anoying :(

12. raravan

raravan Well-Known Member

May 18, 2014
  13. copaeci

copaeci Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2012
    student, writer, reviewer, beta tester
    ID
    bought this, can't wait to play...

14. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Ooo watched the trailer which I hadn't done before. Very nice trailer and funny : )

Seems like the devs care much more about the players experience than lining their pockets, infinite inventory for eg

Any tips on if there's anything I can still do to unlock anything for this game? List of perks and what games they are from anywhere?

15. Mr. Gamer

Mr. Gamer Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2012
    I'm a professional when it comes to living.
    In A Town
    Soooooooooooo unless intentional (I don't see why it would) I've only played about 20 minutes and I got attacked by a hoppy monster thing and all of a sudden, the music turned into like 90s internet dial tone and changed pitch every second. I know it's the music because I went into options and turned music volume down and it also changed volume. Just thought I'd share.

16. Kraudi2k

Kraudi2k Well-Known Member

May 24, 2012
    Male
    How's the battery life?

17. fabianb

fabianb Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    As you read on, not infinite but really, really big!

I love this game.

18. CzarBrain

CzarBrain Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Wow! Awesomely done.

Here's one for the dev's...
    After returning to game from podcast selection, the game freezes and crashes... Not a horrific thing considering it doesn't happen in game, but a thing.

Thanks for this game.

19. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Been there, done that! :p btw, is there a Butter Up for Crashlands?

20. JohnHiboy

JohnHiboy Member

Feb 15, 2013
    Is there any icloud sync for this game ? I would like to play on my iPhone and my iPad