Universal Crashlands (by Butterscotch Shenanigans) - TA GotY 2016

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jan 21, 2016.

1. eksaint

eksaint Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2015
    #761 eksaint, Jan 25, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2016
    Thanks, I just started doing all the quests I could to see if that would solve it. Waiting for them to grow. Thanks!

Got it thanks, had to play that quest line out a bit

2. mcarthon

mcarthon Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2009
    I wouldn't offer you a refund. No one forced you to buy the game. That's life you live and you learn. Next time don't buy it without knowing more details which is a short click away so no excuses.

3. trystero

trystero Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    I'm not very far into the game, maybe five or six hours. I thought I had read somewhere that there are more biomes aside from the Savannah. Is this indeed the case? Are there entire additional zones with more items and quests?

4. Bi88les

Bi88les Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2012
    Yes!

5. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    Its in everyones best interest to have a generous return policy. Some people (myself included) spend money much more freely knowing that I wont get burned on a regrettable purchase. This isnt just for IOS games but for furniture, appliances, all kinds of things. Some people will abuse it sure, but generally I think its a positive thing.

6. bamloki

bamloki Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Paramedic
    Graz, Austria
    Anyone knows how to get "throak Polyps"? I am searching for way too long now...

7. mcarthon

Feb 21, 2009
    #767 mcarthon, Jan 25, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2016
    Don't spend money on said item without knowing what kind of item it is you are buying and you won't get burned. It the item is faulty or doesn't work as advertised then I understand a return.

But "I don't like it" as a reason is not a reason worthy of return. Especially with a digital game you could buy and beat and then make up a reason to return it. Just seems petty to me it's a 4.99 game not 59.99. Sometimes you have to take a loss and learn from it.

Anywho his loss I'll move on back this wonderful game.

After I do the higher ground quest does the the other area open up or how close am I?

8. samkime

samkime New Member

Jan 11, 2013
    QFT.

I bought Dragon Age: Inquisition for Xbox 360 without doing my homework. If I had researched more diligently I probably could have avoided throwing away $59.99 on a game that my 360 essentially could not run the graphics for.

(I bought it for PS4 when I got the system last month, and thankfully it's only +/- $25 now that it's older.)

Still, I didn't feel entitled to a refund.

The fact that there is no VC support for Crashlands is something anyone could easily learn before spending $4.99.

9. JohnHiboy

JohnHiboy Member

Feb 15, 2013
    Hi guys,

I'm stuck at the quest "crafty contact to the high Ground". Juicybox tells me he has a weird feeling on his circuit.

I went to the high Ground but I haven't found any entry. What scares me is that I've crafted the comm relay but it tells me 0 owned and I can't craft another one.

What should I do ? I would really appreciate your help.

10. mcarthon

Feb 21, 2009
    Yeah man sometimes you just have to look in the mirror and blame yourself instead of looking for excuses. I have made this mistake before myself but never even tho acknowledged asking for a refund. Be accountable.

11. Alex Wolf

Alex Wolf Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2010
    Has anyone beaten this game?
    How long does it take to finish this game :)?

12. davagorn

davagorn Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    If you crafted the comm, your robot has it, not you. He will use it at Higher Grounds at the right time. Circle the castle and you'll find the entrance. Be prepared for a tough fight though.

13. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    Some beta testers clocked 50-60 h iirc

14. phizban

phizban New Member

Nov 1, 2012
    Don't leave many messages here. And leaving this in the crowd probably won't make an iota of difference or do any good. But this game makes me do this anyway.

This is a glorious piece of work. I have not enjoyed an iOS game like this in years and years. I was happy to see this game start to get some love on Twitch yesterday as well. It has been such a pleasure.

The balance amazes me most of all. The fact that I find myself relaxed and farming for hours is so Zen-like. All and all, Crashlands is a special piece of work. I hope the Devs find waves of extra wonderful Karma engulfing them. They deserve the "swim".

15. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    I don't understand why people don't like the touch controls. Maybe it's because I have a good stand for my iPad.
    It's not that physically exhausting to tap on an iPad? Maybe you just have the iPad in an awkward position. Mine is propped up at 70 degrees and is on a pillow on my lap. Would recommend!

There are some things that wouldn't work with a VS. like fishing, and what about using devices like the wrench? You'd have to smack the enemy and then use it.
    Also resource harvesting, a major part of the game, would be impeded. How would you break things that are on the diagonal from you? How do you select one specific resource among a cluster?
    Finger painting just wouldn't be the same without a finger!

Just my opinion, you have yours I'll have mine :)

16. HippoHumper

HippoHumper Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2013
    Finally got stuck on a quest. It's in the bawg titled "something" weighted pants. I met with one of the squids and a bird guy in some ruins, saved them, then went to meet them at grandmomopolis, or whatever they named that city, but it's still showing the quest as incomplete. Juicebox says someone is holding out on us and there should me more of something but I've searched every where around and can't find anything. Sorry I can't be more specific but the names can be, albeit funny and whimsical, a bit confusing and hard to remember. Can anyone help or has anyone beaten this quest already? I would greatly appreciate it.

17. Den Den

Den Den Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2014
    Apple doesn't agree with you, they offered me a refund today :)

18. mcarthon

Feb 21, 2009
    Jokes on you buddy. Peace out.

19. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    I'm having fun with it, but I get where you are coming from. Still, there's a very nice framework here for player-created content. The mod community could go nuts with it.

20. roy2x

roy2x Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2015
    Throaks, they are night only mobs you find in the bawg.