Universal Crashlands (by Butterscotch Shenanigans) - TA GotY 2016

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jan 21, 2016.

1. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    If I'm not mistaken, asking for a refund means you can't purchase again. I'm sure they'll update it.

2. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
  3. Kiven

Kiven Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Male
    Frustrated Wrestler and Lifelong Gamer
    Philippines
    Enjoyed this much more than Dont Starve and other similar games. Highly Recommended! *goes back to playing Crashlands*

4. Zamoofaboo

Zamoofaboo Active Member

Dec 11, 2015
    This is like an isometric version of Mines of Mars with light construction elements. Very fun so far.
    Just two minor complaints:
    - Loading screens are one of the longest I've seen for 2D games like this
    - There is some glitch with tapping the map icon. For some reason it needs to spend 2-3 seconds loading every time I want to pull it up, with a screen that says something about "calculating resources". This is rather annoying

5. RHess00

RHess00 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    This has probably been asked before but I haven't found an answer by searching. How long does it take for plants to grow back and does the game have to be open during that time?

6. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I didn't quite catch what I'm suppose to kill for the legendary axe, it looks like a butterfly for the piece I need. Anybody know?

Sadly not getting as much time to play now I'm back at work but still enjoying the game. One of the best offline games on iOS if not the best. Haven't even opened Vainglory since I got this.

7. It usually says if you tap on them.
    I think if you close the app, the plants automatically grow when you open it again.

8. bhoylhogro

bhoylhogro Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2014
    I got the oddly-shaped crystal in a random drop from extracting dusk crystals.

9. BillyOceansBlues

BillyOceansBlues Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    Stoneshaper? Anyone? Cannot for the life of me figure out / look up online how to unlock the plans for it. Making the game get on my nerves. Is there a lot of progression going forward that is dependent on some random thing like this? Why wasn't the schematic immediately spewed out of my juice box when the quest started? Hello, I would love to play your game! Please allow me.

10. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    The Stoneshaper is just one of many crafting workbenches that become available as you progress through the game. You have to keep playing to unlock them over time.

11. BillyOceansBlues

BillyOceansBlues Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    Does the (also dependent on random luck) ring of entanglement quest unlock it? Bc thats my only other quest.

12. Are you sure the Stoneshaper schematic is not in your Tannery? The ring quest shouldn't be related, from what I can tell.

13. zatoichi

zatoichi Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2009
    Stupid Baconweed Fairy!

14. ImJPaul

ImJPaul Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    Male
    MGMT!
    Baltimore
    I cannot get over how freaking awesome this game is. Don't even want to look at how many hours I've logged.

15. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    #755 Nekku, Jan 25, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2016
    Oh well, stutter stepping will be "patched" in the upcoming 1.03 update. I dont get why because it takes skill and therefore should be rewarded (in Vainglory , Diablo and many other games it is considered as a real game mechanic btw and also treated as one) but okay. No need to reach for perfection then.

This is part of an official comment from an D3 community manager.
    Please think about it BS.

16. TheClaff

TheClaff Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Senior Producer, Bethesda Game Studios
    Bethesda, Maryland
    Does the game itself have the same tone as the trailer? The tone/sense of humor in that trailer just didn't work for me for some reason. Maybe it was just the voice over. It was well done just not my thing, but the game itself looks interesting.

17. NikosX

NikosX Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2010
    Game Designer
    This game is totally worth the price. Period.

18. eksaint

eksaint Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2015
    #758 eksaint, Jan 25, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2016
    I'm in the bawg and have the first station and the cauldron but for the life of me can't see how to craft the next one, I'm getting recipes for them but don't see and option to create one. Getting frustrated ,anyone know what I'm missing?

Also I've finished the Map makers quest in the bawg but can't find him,anyone know where he is?

Thanks

19. Nachtfischer

Nachtfischer Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2013
    Game Designer
    Germany
    Well if you're looking for a huge box of toys with Skinner Box elements pulling you along then I guess so. In terms of interesting decision-making or challenging gameplay I didn't find much to be honest. All in all the actual interactive merit of the game isn't all that impressive.

20. You probably have to do the Nurva part of the Petty Theft quest. I had the same problem until I did that.