Universal Crashlands (by Butterscotch Shenanigans) - TA GotY 2016

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jan 21, 2016.

1. Ahh I meant the two Zug Lugs at High Ground, that show up after you beat Hewgo. Sorry!
    I guess I'll go back for them when I'm stronger.

2. Killerluffy246

Killerluffy246 Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2014
    Asia
    Having a hard time to find hrak, and btw anyone knows where to get the hewgo hologram thing for the quest ?

3. roy2x

roy2x Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2015
    The bed is really great coz you can use it to time skip. Farming night only mobs is so easy now.

4. Den Den

Den Den Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2014
    Playing on an iPad can be really tiring, you have to constantly move your hand (and arm) all over the screen, so you can't hold the tablet with both hands. I wish there was a virtual stick option, I don't play on my iPhone. Unfortunately, under these circumstances, I'll have to ask for a refund. I hope the developers will consider and eventually implement a virtual stick option.

5. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Thanks! Good to know. I've been smashing quite a few, but I'll keep at it.

6. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    I enjoy the current controls for the most part, but if I want to keep changing directions while in a battle or something, my hand does obstruct my view. Sometimes I'll tap at the edge of the screen on each side, but if I'm also trying to tap on the enemy, it gets to be quite tiring tapping over left, then right, then middle, then right, then left, etc. and I'm on an iPhone. I don't know if I'd use a virtual stick or just keep rocking it this way if there was a choice. But for those playing on an iPad I can imagine a virtual stick would be very helpful. And They'd probably only have to add one action button to interact with whatever is right in front of you. Don't even need a button I guess. Could just split the screen and allow for a tap anywhere on one side to initiate the interaction.

7. HeroComa

HeroComa Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    Student
    Long Beach, California
    Did anyone find a gold key? I don't seem to remember if I stumbled on a gold chest, if so can anyone tell me where it's at?

8. jameslavis

jameslavis Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2011
    As a lover of virtual controls this game needs to keep the touch controls. There is no way you could evade shots so tight with vc. You would need auto aim as well and that always sucks.

9. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    Speaking of beds on the previous pages - this is probably obvious, but it's worth making an extra bed (you will also need a floor tile to place it on) so you can heal and time-skip on the go without having to head back to your home base each time.

10. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    You can lay your iPad on your legs or on a table. I play with my iPad on the table, or holding the phone with both hands, depending on if I'm at home or on the go. I understand people like some control schemes more than others and prefer V-sticks VS touch to move or viceversa, but requesting a refund because of this is a bit excessive IMO...

Mmm... Never thought about this, but you're very right! :)

11. andysmash

andysmash Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    This game is legit.

12. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    After my first gameplay I gave up but my view has changed on the game. I've played an hour or two and it wasn't as I viewed it before.
    I had don't starve in my head ever since its release and it's nothing like it. Actually night and day difference.
    This game is much much better

13. BillyOceansBlues

BillyOceansBlues Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    I would LOVE to be able to touch and drag, pinch and zoom that map, confirm before teleporting to avoid accidents. Those on screen buttons are ridiculous.

Im dumb: How do I build the potted sunshroom? No indication of what table I would need, no schematics for it (even though the on-screen ingredients checklist is more than fulfilled), not an option to build it anywhere that I can see. Help! I dont want to lose momentum here and be stuck wandering around without being able to progress!

14. WjndWalk3r

WjndWalk3r Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2015
    The starving and disease system on Dont Starve or many survive game are too hardcore for me :D I really love this game :D

15. DaMobileMob_YT

DaMobileMob_YT Well-Known Member

Not too different! Though there are different starting points on the map! At least so it seems!

16. HelperMonkey

HelperMonkey Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    Iowa
    ...negatively impacting my social life..... So be it.

17. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    The gold key is actually very close to the chest (it was just east for me, I think).

18. ironsam80

ironsam80 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Exactly!
    Even i like a lot this genre some times i find a little bit frustrating the mechanics of some games. This one for some reason has hit all the right spots in me, in a way i want to return everytime to the game to do more and more of the progress.

19. Dema9o9ue

Dema9o9ue Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jan 16, 2015
    Let me preface by saying this is my new favorite game. I absolutely love it and can't stop playing.

However, my only request to the dev is to update the map with better touch controls. I'm sure others have mentioned it. Pinch/zoom, drag etc.

Also I wouldn't mind some IAP like skins just to help further support the dev for those who want. The game is so good that $5 is a steal. I would love to contribute more to the dev and I already have by battering up their other games.

BTW, Flop Rocker and Quadropus are also excellent games I would recommend.

20. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    To anyone on the fence:

I am typically not a fan of crating or point & click, but this game has completely sucked me in. This is such a labor of love and makes all the things I'm usually not into, work.

Buy it!