Universal Crashlands (by Butterscotch Shenanigans) - TA GotY 2016

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jan 21, 2016.

1. bscotchshenani

bscotchshenani Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2013
    Heyo!

We've written up a plan on what we're going to be focusing on in the next few weeks and beyond over at the Butterscotch blog.

TL;DR
    1) Bugfix patch, coming soon
    2) Quality of Life patch, after that
    3) Creator Mega Patch

Thanks for all your support and great feedback! NOW GET BACK TO DELIVERY OR WE'RE CUTTING YOUR PENSION.

-samuel

We don't use gamecenter because it's a system completely out of our control that has its own bugs, patch problems, etc., which means that we're beholden to its creators to provide you, our player, with a valuable service. And we've found that other integrations for tools and things (game services for google is another example) that are outside our influence are risky for providing a solid experience!

Also, you've all been seriously so lovely that we're just OVER THE MOON OVER HERE. OVER THE FREAKIN' MOON YOU FOOLS. Thanks for all the support!

2. Quality of Life patch? Should I have waited on this before sinking 15 hours into the game and being all "what am I doing with my life?!" :p

3. samkime

samkime New Member

Jan 11, 2013
    MANNNnNnnN, you guys are so awesome.

EXCEPT sup with the release date having been the first day of the last semester of my adult education...?!

Also I cherish and love my G-Gnome and I feel like it's an obvious reward for being so curious and clickin' 'round even when there was, like, some pretty imminent danger. Right? Not everyone grabbed it right?!?

-- SAMantha

4. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Damn it I missed something that early in the game? Sigh I can't reset now :\

5. samkime

samkime New Member

Jan 11, 2013
    But don't you have a BSCOTCHID?! Multiple cloud saves! And accessible from all platforms etc. ...!

(Also works with those other amazing Butterscotch Shenanigans games)

6. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    Game definitely has that same smooth, fun, progressive and cohesive feel as Quadropus rampage did. Except this is a premium title and fully behaves like one too. For this price point at this time on IOS, you cannot get better for your money. Very few games keep me tuned in and this is one of them. Spent way more time playing the game today than I should have :)

7. scifistephen

scifistephen Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 4, 2013
    Thanks so much I was missing that

8. fliindnyce

fliindnyce Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Labyrinth completed!!!! ###

9. revolverblue85

revolverblue85 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2012
    #569 revolverblue85, Jan 24, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2016
    I've noticed some side quests that have multiple parts disappear from the map after the first segment. When taking on the second wompit for alily it was hard remembering the exact location of the 1st. Now I'm trying to find saucy and I'm not having any luck?

Also trying to wrap up some side quests before doing the fairy. Getting baakfleep back is frustrating as I don't know what to make him?

Edit : find saucy randomly near the square lake.

10. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    #570 Duivs, Jan 24, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2016
    What's a G-Gnome? I must have missed it too!
    Kinda mad at myself for missing things because I thought I had looked everywhere!

Edit: Just searched around on the Internet a bit and found out what it is. I don't even remember seeing that! And I even did a few laps around the pod!

11. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Damn, missed it, too. Nooo! Any chance to get it later on? I saw a picture on reddit and this guy had two of them.

12. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    Apparently you can find them in the wild on a special little island.
    Still kicking myself though.

13. se99jmk

se99jmk Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2010
    I'm having trouble finding any Wat bats, or Gatling stone things (for tongues)

- any tips?

14. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    I encountered some wats at night north east of the crash pod. Around tartils.
    Combat is pretty nasty when there's more than one type of enemy! I love it though. If the game was easy I'd get bored quickly.

15. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Ah thank you!

Found another minor bug (dont know if it was already mentioned).
    If I place a chair or any other item which can be turned around, once it gets out of view it turns back to its original position. Not evertime, though, but pretty often.

16. Alex Wolf

Alex Wolf Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2010
    What is a g-gnome and how do i get that?

Ok now i know ^^

17. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    Quite the fight eh?

Does anyone here actually use bombs or any other tools? Ive never really bothered to try.. pretty must just stick to my main weapon. Am I missing out huge here?

18. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    I still use the pipe wrench fairly often. Saved my ass a couple times shooting the fat hippo mid-air while he was about to stomp me into the ground.
    Bombs, not so much atm. Only if there is a huge mob surrounded by smaller ones I want to get rid of first.

19. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    I collected the G-Gnome off the ship, but what's it actually do? .... Just decoration?

20. revolverblue85

revolverblue85 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2012
    Yes once you get firecrackers. They are great.