Universal Crashlands (by Butterscotch Shenanigans) - TA GotY 2016

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jan 21, 2016.

1. bigred447uk

bigred447uk Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    You can build a bed that fills your Hp. Also you can grow shrooms and sunflower things that heal Hp. Later on you can craft Hp potions.

2. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701

try also Captain Cowboy... ok, it doesn't have the same beauty, complexity, storyline, grafx, etc of CL, but i can assure you'll love it.
    at first glance it looks like a clone of Boulderdash, but it's much more complex than that, basically it's a trip inside an intergalactic base, trying to recover every diamond on the screen, and every screen is linked to the others in different ways, so you can have a screen with a lot of diamonds to collect, and i.e. if you are in an upper section, some of them are in another section only reachable with a long trip through alternative ways, also with trains travelling along the base... and the map is huge!

another one to play for weeks for us who love old school gaming philosophies.

3. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    The developers have thought of everything... Well nearly everything!

4. Rooie1154

Rooie1154 Active Member
    Patreon Silver

Sep 24, 2012
    So...I'm an idiot, but...

I started the game as soon as I downloaded it. Ran through the opening scenes, got the stick, bashed the bad shocky machines, made it to the escape pod, and crash-landed.

Then I got called away and had to close the game.

Now, when I go in, I am back on the disintegrating ship, there are tiny little guys running around, I have no stick, and when I got up to the escape pod, I get a green circle...but nothing happens! Any ideas on how I can get down to the surface? I've collected all the tiny guys I see, I've gone to the control panel in the front of the ship, nothing seems to change. I tried deliberately dying to start over but it just puts me back where I was.

Help!:confused:

5. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Manage savegames, delete all, start a new game... :)

6. Rooie1154

Rooie1154 Active Member
    Patreon Silver

Sep 24, 2012
    Thank you!

Off to give that a try.

7. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    Plain dirt is found around. If you need furdle durt (spelling?) you can make it on first station iirc.

8. mcarthon

mcarthon Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2009
    Where can I find squee husk to make the squathe?

Thanks

9. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    #549 Duke12, Jan 24, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2016
    http://imgur.com/a/IRvGW

Plant next to me drops them, left side

10. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Every time I bring this game up to someone, I wind up sounding like an obsessed fanboy...

11. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    I keep crafting gear until I roll something with +passive health regen and +health leech.
    Also carry a hefty supply of crafted potions, which have a really short cool down.

12. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    Wow.
    Just wow.
    I played this game yesterday for the first time since I bought it at launch, only planning to play for an hour since I have stuff to do.
    Every hour I would convince myself "just one more thing" and ended up playing for 6 hours.
    I've beaten the first real boss and embiggened my Wompy (love the tribute/spinoff of evolving BS)! There's so much to do it's unbelievable. I thought I knew what I was in for, having followed the game pre-launch, but this exceeds all of my expectations.

I have some suggestions, that could improve the game, even though it doesn't need it.
    Being able to see your inventory would be cool. Maybe via the equip screen or something.
    Being able to look up recipes from a 'Recipes' tab next to data and quests, and being able to track them. Sometimes I forget to track things.
    Being able to track multiple things at a time. 3 would be fine. Tapping on the tracking HUD in the top right could swap between recipes. It's just that I often go out to collect resources for more than one thing at once, and don't want to forget what I need/want to craft.
    Waypoints being triggered within a bigger radius.
    Possibly more hotbar slots for iPads, unless it's restricted for the sake of balance.

I also noticed that the logo for the Bureau of Shipping logo looks oddly familiar. You cheeky developers, you :p

13. revolverblue85

revolverblue85 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2012
    Tried fighting at higher ground...decided to leave that be until my side quests are done. Did beat the labyrinth fairly easy

14. JudasKain

JudasKain Active Member

Nov 11, 2015
    Monsters on the next world are so tough! And their attacks are much harder to dodge!

Really can't put this game down.. If only there were ranged weapon options rather than having to use devices which have use timers... That would complete it for me.

Fingarang + stun mirror + Invulnerable droid + butterfly = 1st world domination. Non common enemies pulverize me on 2nd world... Sniff

15. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I would love a quest log to see the previous story convos and to tell how much I've progressed (some dialogue are hilarious to read). I feel like I've been exploring and crafting too much that I'm barely anywhere :eek: My equipment is only so-so. Is there a place that tells me the item rarity order?

Also decided to fight some epic enemies, damn I hate those electric squid-thing (most hated enemy of world 1). They have way too much health. The epic one is even worse. I spent 20-30 minutes fighting one and his electric attack is a OHKO. My arm was numb afterwards :\ I was hoping for a pet, that's the only one I'm missing from the 3 main enemies.

16. projectmoonlightcafe

projectmoonlightcafe Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    I built my house on square island...lol. Quick question though, I built a hallway from the teleport east of square island to the island with walls but the monsters can pass the walls??

17. scifistephen

scifistephen Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 4, 2013
    Please help guys I can't seem to figure out how to make the crystal kiln I've made all the other items but I don't see the kiln in any of the other making devices.glitch?

18. TheNumberOne

TheNumberOne New Member

Sep 27, 2010
    Does anyone know if eggs drop more than once? I accidently recycled an incubator and haven't been able to get that pet because of it.

19. henrycupcake

henrycupcake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2015
    I don't get it why there are still games without Game Center achievements / leaderboard support

20. revolverblue85

revolverblue85 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2012
    Build the squathe, to build fishiminea, to get crystal kiln