Universal Crashlands (by Butterscotch Shenanigans) - TA GotY 2016

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jan 21, 2016.

1. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    You can make signposts to mark spots of interest and name them anything you want.

2. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    I also noticed you can set waypoints (arrows) by clicking on the crosshair thing in the map but haven't messed with it.

3. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Can't be all that random then. That looks exactly like my map.

4. jameslavis

jameslavis Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2011
    This game pulled me away from fallout 4. It's that good. We all know fallout may be one of the best games ever.

5. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    After playing for 2h straight on my 4S, performance was great. I had the game crash twice, always in the same situation: after walking a lot and crafting a new table or object which makes the splash screen appear showing the object along all the things you can make with it, the game crashed. Nonetheless, I didn't lose much progress, since entering again loaded nearly on the spot I was, and the second time around the object crafting went fine. Savegames are crash-proof, so not much trouble with this.

After seeing the progress of some of you here, I feel I'm advancing too slowly. I think I just invest too much time exploring and gathering resources, but I don't mind. I'm enjoying Crashlands A LOT. It allows me to disconnect from my daily problems, and the fact that you can play one minute or one hour and progress is saved is just great.

6. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Love reading some of the reviews on the App Store. One guy talks about how there are obviously fake reviews as they all say stuff about believing the hype. Like he doesn't realize that you would have to pay for the game and have it installed on your device in order for the review to come through. I'm sure developers are just itching to buy their game for other people so that they can leave good reviews.

7. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    It looks similar to mine, but it's not the same.

8. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    #528 Gwarmaxx, Jan 23, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2016

well said, sir... very well said!

this game is a MASTERPIECE!

oh btw, it works perfectly on a 4S iOS 7.1.2... BS, you're GREAT devs in a world of bootlickers that make "10mb-pixellated" games only for iOS 9 on iPhone 6S!!!

you have all my respect.

9. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Whoa! Had no idea. That's perfect!

I also would like an option to turn off the footstep tracking so the map can load immediately. After long walk, I'd love for the map to open quicker so I can teleport quickly.

10. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    and if you don't like your sign and want to remove it, you can.

11. sbirksy666

sbirksy666 Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2012
    Found two purple items now (not unlocked via normal means e.g normal crate drops) but random drops

One being the level 11 purple item I found when fishing it being a weapon

The other being a huge skull dropping from one of the mobs which turns into a level 11 helm if you have the mats

12. PBSNellie

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    #532 PBSNellie, Jan 23, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2016

Very astute observation. What I've noticed playing this is that I have to go outside the usual "box" that most of these games as you described above are. I have to change all my thinking, for instance, Im getting used to the unlimited inventory and that Im not spending the game play managing inventory and shuffling it around. When I die, I don't upset-it's okay-I haven't used up a life or energy!! And the beauty of it is that is is very challenging.
    This game has really turned everything we are used to in gaming upside down and making us think and play differently.

13. Is it just me or do the bosses feel out of character for the rest of the game? Most of it has a very relaxed feel, and the bosses are these long, painful battles, made even more painful by losing near the end. I managed to make it this far and then the whole room filled up with red. There was simply nowhere for me to run. I'm bummed that I'll probably have to spend a few hours harvesting and crafting to try and have a chance at surviving. Not even sure what I can make to give me a better chance.

http://www.appunwrapper.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/img_0899.jpeg

14. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    How do you guys deal with health regen? Thankfully I have lots of bacon lettuce or whatever but it would be nice to regen health other way. Can you build a bed for your home to regen it or?

Also - I'd love to plant stuff but I have yet to find dirt. Is it just found later on?

15. You can get a health regen stat on your equipment. I made the mistake at one point of replacing all my health regen gear for other stats and I regretted it.

16. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    Yes, you can build a bed for your home. It will replenish your health, and you can also use it to change day to night. (or night to day)

17. Press2Play

Press2Play Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2012
    Bussinessman
    Philippines
    Try to plant dusk crystal seed i got mine on that use water and harvester, the weapon is Freeaaaaking aaawwwesome.

18. PBSNellie

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    I pick sun shrooms. I have a huge stash on hand at all times. oops wrong post, sorry.

19. PBSNellie

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    Pick all the sun shrooms you find. There are plenty out there.

20. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Thanks! Appunwrapper also updated their guide which helped. In order to use different kind of buil items the hammer is step one but the infinity Icon changes to other items to use which is what I was missing. Thanks for the help.