Universal Crashlands (by Butterscotch Shenanigans) - TA GotY 2016

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jan 21, 2016.

1. revolverblue85

revolverblue85 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2012
    Why can I not figure out how to get dusk shard

2. mcarthon

mcarthon Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2009
    Haven't fought the labyrinth boss yet should I take him out first then Tackle the Baconweed fairy?

3. Try a Dusk Crystal. ;)

4. He's a lot slower, so I was able to outrun his attacks while my pet did most of the damage (took a while, but it worked). The fairy's projectiles are so fast, though! May need to spend some time trying to get better equipment and stock up on lots and lots of bombs.

I thought having a fully evolved Wompit would make things easier, but nope. :/

5. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Seems like a console game . Like an Xbox arcade hit. Haven't played but I get that vibe. Obviously it's a great game by reviews just not for me. I like my mobile games just that. I would def play this on Xbox for sure

6. OtherSilhouette

OtherSilhouette Active Member

Mar 12, 2014
    I received a quest from a tree person near the powapole where I have to kill a wompit named Gromp but I can't find it anywhere. Any help?

7. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Finally got a chance to really sink my teeth in this, and I'll I've got to say is... Well played Bscotch, well played.

You've managed to create a masterpiece of video game craftmanship AND ear yourselves the attention touched deserved since you made a playable character that had bananas for arms, all in ONE FELL SWOOP.

Bravo Scotch Bros, Bravo.

Edit: Eureka moment. "Super Scotch Bros." needs to be a game.

8. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Just came across a possible bug. Was doing chores around my house and decided to take a break and play Crashlands for a bit. Set timer on my phone for 15 minutes. When the timer went off and I hit ok there was no more sound in the game. No music, no sound effects, nothing. Playing on iPhone 6 with iOS 8.4.1.

9. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    I can not tell you how happy reading this made me.... =oD

Ahhhhhhh

10. Rain1dog

Rain1dog Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2010
    I can't stress enough in that this is what iOS gaming should be... Not that freemium, 8 different currencies, timers, ADs...

This harks back to the early days of mobile gaming where you paid once and got yourself a very very nice triple A title that took you days, weeks to finish and the memories stay with you for a lifetime.

It's so RARE a game like this gets released each year... A complete package of perfectness. You might get 2-6 games a year like this... And it's refreshing... So refreshing!

This will be very hard to dethrone as game of the year for me... If recent past history is any indicator.

So sick of match 3, card battles, timers, ads, IAP, base building, RTS....

Thank you very much for overcoming every obstacle in your lives and providing such a great mobile game.

11. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Very dumb question but how do I drag item to hot bar? I'm at the very beginning and made thatched walls but don't know how to move it hit bar to use? I used thatched sawfloor and thought I could use the thatched walls to protect the new structure?

Again total newbie and I'm sure a stupid question.

12. Spindler

Spindler Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2008
    Is there anyway to change the controls? I really hate the tap on screen stuff. I don't see anything in the menus.

13. DaMobileMob_YT

DaMobileMob_YT Well-Known Member

Location of Jarnaal and the Baconweed Fairy

Hey guys,

I think everybody starts at another location! I found Jarnaal and the Baconweed Fairy here:

baconweed fairy.jpg

And here a video of my encounter with the Baconweed Fairy! Have anyone encountered different bosses already?

14. Fangbone

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    No there is not

15. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Same issue on iPhone and ipad. I am at the beginning and made floors and walls but only can put floors down. It says to move walks to hot bar but the walks don't show up.

16. Anyone make a DBOT yet? About to try it out.

17. Fangbone

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    You have to click on the thing that looks like a hammer. It's between the quest tab and the map tab. Your building supplies are kept there

18. kidd546

kidd546 Active Member

Jan 31, 2014
    Possibly dumb question: Is there a way to see your inventory of materials?

I looked through all the menus and didn't see anything, but it would be nice to see at a glance if I'm running low on something.

19. Alex Wolf

Alex Wolf Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2010
    Drives me insane that everyone is wiritng so positive stuff about this game.. I already bought it but try to be abstinent playing this for as long as i can #

20. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    This is something I would like too. And also maybe a "favorites" marker on the map (they could even be limited unlocks - something you get for defeating a boss maybe?) so we can mark the best spots for resources on that gigantic map.