Universal Crashlands (by Butterscotch Shenanigans) - TA GotY 2016

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jan 21, 2016.

1. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    This is the quest I am currently on but finding Jaarnal is incredibly easy because it adds this huge label on your map: "Old Jaarnal's Hermitage", in my case to the SW of the village where you get the mission. I assume it's the fairy herself who is way out west but I wouldn't know because I have to kill all the friggin' Wompits around Jarnaal at once, and wow...

Question about another quest: where the heck is Grandmammy??

2. houseofg

Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Perfect explanation! Thanks for saving me the time. Wayward Souls seems like a great example of how this is done just right. I'd kill for those kinds of controls here.

3. mcarthon

mcarthon Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2009
    Grandmas should be on your map

I found him originally but now I have to Travel west from a square lake with an island in the middle. Hers my photo of how far I traveled and have not seen him.

[​IMG]

4. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Was gonna buy the game but after i read about the controls system i certainly won't. No matter how good this is and how much i respect the devs i am not buying a game just to look at my fingers all the time.

5. houseofg

Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Thank you! Oh the irony, after what I first explained in my post. She is much further east than I had looked, so I had to really move the map over. Thanks again.

6. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    i've been playing since launch and haven't noticed my fingers once. Controls are implemented perfectly.

7. houseofg

Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    As one of the people who said this, I can certainly tell you I don't regret buying the game for a moment. We are talking about perfecting the game here, not fixing it.

8. AppWhore

AppWhore Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2008
    I can't find it on the map becuase the indicators are gone. If you found the flower the quest text says go in the direction to a large lake and he'll be there. Exactly as I did - the missing block at the flower's wall was on the west and I stayed horizontal to the flower location until I found a lot of water. Once there I needed to build a few planks to get to him - he wasn't visible on screen, I guessed it was an island/chain of islands.

9. mcarthon

Feb 21, 2009
    #489 mcarthon, Jan 23, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2016
    Don't waste your time trying to convince someone with this kind of reasoning

Found him! Finally

10. SonixManix

SonixManix Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2013
    Um, okay. Just encountered my first gamebreaking bug. I keep trying to press "play" on the main menu, and i get greeted with an error message talking about how it couldn't load my local save. My game then does one of two things; game crashes (common) or starts a new game (rare). I would upload a picture of the error, but TA mobile has a tough time doing that. I am on a jailbroken iPhone 5C with iOS 9.0.2 (I have no in-app tweaks/hacks, so that shouldn't be the problem).

11. brainbag

brainbag Active Member

Sep 11, 2014
    Anyone know where to get the "Oddly Shaped Crystal" to build The Butterfly? It doesn't give any hints...

12. adamphetamine

adamphetamine Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2011
    Programmer/3D Modeling
    Bethlehem, Pa
    To those asking about locations, not every player has the same map. For some of u going all the way west for fairy quest, mine was way north east. Same for starting location in which I began the game far down south.

13. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Finally got round to putting down dungalot and playing this and I'm loving it - but I just got to the killing animals to make a tannery mission and I THINK I missed some dialogue explaining how to throw knives??? I'm really not sure, it said something about it Being tricky killing monsters just using the knife and I could assign something to actions or words to that effect. The missus distracted me and I missed most of it, but I can't find anything that tells me anywhere

I know it's a but vague but can anyone help

Thanks in advance

14. Setz

Setz Member

May 18, 2015
    Googled it, it's from dusk stones, the rocks that glow at night.

No luck yet, but read it takes a lot of them.

15. mcarthon

Feb 21, 2009
    That's good to know thanks.

16. mcarthon

Feb 21, 2009
  17. AppWhore

AppWhore Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2008
    It's the wrench. Select your character and there are gear slots, if you select one it'll show what can be equipped at the bottom of the screen. Check through and you'll see one can have the wrench in.

18. I beat the Labyrinth boss fairly easily (relied mostly on my Glutterfly). Was not prepared for this!

19. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Ah brilliant thank you very much