Universal Crashlands (by Butterscotch Shenanigans) - TA GotY 2016

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jan 21, 2016.

1. 7lilwhitewolf7

7lilwhitewolf7 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Georgia,Cleveland Ohio,Texas,New York
    I don't like Crashlands.
    *in morbid voice*
    # ❤️ ####♓️####s

2. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Tought the same...hmm.

3. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    One of the side effects of this game is that I'm playing their other games more so I can finish the perks to open the side quests in Crash-lands.

Also, on the wiki there is a comment that they plan to open this game to modding. I asked around in the forum and eventually we will able to play each other's mods (if everything goes as planned).

4. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Sweet! Fair enough, I suppose. Both good games and Crashlands probably would be fun on an iPad. Haven't thought to try it on one of my old iPads. Got it on Steam. I should give it a try on my Mac too. I'm just enjoying it so much on my phone at the moment.

5. Shadow Bug

Shadow Bug Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2015
    Helsinki, Finland
    Really good looking graphics :)

6. Spartyfan6262

Spartyfan6262 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2015
    I really appreciate the comparison window that pops up every time you craft new armor or weapons. It shows you the stat by stat comparison. I wish all games did this.

7. Leegames

Leegames Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Ex. game journalist and EiC now PR
    Denmark
    #447 Leegames, Jan 23, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2016
    "I tap where I want to go", precisely, and at that moment your finger is not at the edges of the screen (which they would be with a pad), but in the middle of the action. No one is saying they block the view all the time or that the game is not fun for that reason, just that it would be prefferable with this option as well. For anything turnbased I do not mind obscuring the view for clicking stuff. For an action game, even if you say you "just tap" that tapping is a point of time where you have to look at your fingers. "This game is like a series of quick taps" if I rephrase that to "This game is like a series of annoying taps" you might see why I would rather be without and why one second becomes more that just one second, as you said it is a series of taps, not just one tap for the whole game. Yes playing other games also makes you touch the screen, but having a pad in a corner is much less obtrusive. The floating pad does no need to be visible, so it could easily be a spot just above the buttons. As for the "do you guys hold you ipad in a fun way... I lie down holding it with my hands, but having to let go constantly for those tiny seconds to get my hand into the middle of the screen and thus letting go of my grip (even if only with one hand) is annoying. Your "less than a second" argument is not really valid. Yes, it is a short period of time, but so would me hitting you on the nose be, it would not be less annoying. It is like playing Dungeon Hunter as a click to move, I would much more prefer not having to click in the middle of a screen if possible for action games. Hope this helps you understand. And as most people said anyways, they love the game, but that doesn't mean they can't wish for improvements that make the game more enjoyable for their playing style.

8. AppWhore

AppWhore Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2008
    #448 AppWhore, Jan 23, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2016
    I've an evolved wompa/hippo and an evolved bee.
    1. Seems random but guessing larger mobs have a better chance, sorry wasn't paying attention.
    2. The wompa upgrade was a side quest I guess comes naturally and the bee one was a random drop
    3. If you build the relevant nest for your pet and put it there it has a few options e.g. milk a wompa. Another option will be an item icon, that item can be crafted when you find the random pattern. The items are made in the workstations so there's nothing special there.

In summary it all seems the same as the rest of the game items: all random but the basics are guided/quested.
    Hope that helps

9. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Regarding a floating V-stick, how would you attack the creatures? Would you put buttons too? I'm playing on a 4S mainly and the screen is already full of buttons. I don't see it... At least on old iPhones.

10. bigred447uk

bigred447uk Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    I've crafted the stone gloves between 20 and 30 times and still haven't found a purple set also with health regen.

I've enjoyed every second. I WILL have my perfect stone armour set before continuing the the quests!

I'm trying to weigh up the benefit between a set with 17 odd percent toughness over the health regen on a blue set I crafted.

Logically I should probably go with toughness now I have the ability to craft unlimited health potions but I can't stop my hunt for some purple mits with health regen#

11. brainbag

brainbag Active Member

Sep 11, 2014
    I had this problem too :( Not upset enough to start over, but it is annoying!

12. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    I'm on that mission now and can definitely say that my map looks completely different, unfortunately.
    English isnt my first language so I dont even know for what I'm looking for, lol.

13. Nonstickron

Nonstickron Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Graphic Artist / Pre-Press
    Central Florida
    3 things.

1. I LOVE this game

2. Is it just me or does this game absolutely slaughter your battery?

3. Where do you get water balloons?

14. modus_ataraxia

modus_ataraxia Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2015
    Still stuck on Nitro. How do I get some Nitro for the kiln? Thanks. ;)

15. roy2x

roy2x Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2015
    Anyone know how to get potted baconweed?

16. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    When I open my sawmill, the recipe for potted baconweed is wood and baconweed.

17. DaMobileMob_YT

DaMobileMob_YT Well-Known Member

Anyone else having problems finding the Baconweed Fairy? I'm waiting for Old Jaarnal but the little stoner won't show up! Anyone?

18. ashmike3

ashmike3 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    Follow main quest. You will make a water pump eventually which fills water balloons. Quest for Ramerl

19. Orpheus

Orpheus Well-Known Member

May 14, 2015
    What are the perks for register an account ?
    Anyone knows ?

20. DaMobileMob_YT

DaMobileMob_YT Well-Known Member

1. Me too!

2. Same here! =)

3. You need to build Water Pump! And with that you can mae Water Ballons. The ingredients are Glidopus Siphon and Sawgrass Blades!