Universal Crashlands (by Butterscotch Shenanigans) - TA GotY 2016

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jan 21, 2016.

1. Teh_Ninja

Teh_Ninja Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Waiter at Chili's
    Dallas
    My Dungeon Raid senses are tingling!!!

But seriously, you're right, this game is excellent!

Question: It was asked earlier, but never answered (to my knowledge), is there a way to cycle out the recipes that you have hot keyed in the top right of the HUD?

2. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

hehehe - IT REALLY IS!

And yes - you have to go back to your crafting benches and change to whatever you want to track. It's a shame you can't see more clearly what the requirements are (it's real hard to see on an iPhone!) but it's thankfully easy enough to teleport all around.

3. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    Just when I start thinking man my gear is getting pretty good! Im invincible! Next thing I know I explode. RIP.

4. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    Its occurs to me that a hardcore mode with permadeath could be really cool with this.

5. kidd546

kidd546 Active Member

Jan 31, 2014
    #425 kidd546, Jan 23, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2016
    I can confirm it works flawlessly on an Ipad 2- I bought it, and played 1-2 hours with absolutely 0 crashes/slowdowns/etc.

This game is fan-freaking-tastic.

6. andsoitgoes

That is REALLY cool to hear. My daughters borrow my wife's iPad 2 and they also share a first gen mini, so this is very, very good news.

It's amazing how a game so complex can run so well on those systems.

7. Teh_Ninja

Teh_Ninja Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Waiter at Chili's
    Dallas
    Thanks, I wasn't actually directing that question towards you, just quoted the DR part ;) thanks though!

8. zen_mode

zen_mode Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2015
    Sydney
    Shouldn't really be doing that. As per my mini-review on page one, The rate I was getting was about 4% every 10 minutes. Iphone 6, iOS 8.4.1.

Probably not the best idea to be testing battery life on a beta iOS. That may or may not be the issue though.

9. AppWhore

AppWhore Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2008
    The login and password issues happening yesterday seem to have been fixed.

10. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    I'm doing this from the beginning since it grants a big reward in DPS (although it makes the dps stat pointless then) if you can pull it off permanently. Otherwise your usual DPS will take a huge hit if you miss to cancel the animation correctly. But still, an good advice. Nothing wrong with practicing your ss skills here and then.

11. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Don't you have to do this anyway in order to avoid the said monsters attack pattern. ATTACK > move to avoid counter attack > attack > move to avoid counter attack etc

12. Killerluffy246

Killerluffy246 Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2014
    Asia
    #432 Killerluffy246, Jan 23, 2016
    For those who need walker root, I label it as walker blossom in the map...

Attached Files:

13. andsoitgoes

I'm going insane! I am wandering and wandering and I can't find the bloody walkerroot. Where the frick on s stick is this stuff.

And why am I still awake.

THIS GAME.

Edit : OMG I should have read first

14. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013

Hmm, no. It's just about canceling the attack animation. Sure you'll have to avoid your enemies attacks as well but as soon as you're going back in and use this mechanic, you'll hit much more often than usual before you have to get out again. It's hard, though.

15. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Wooden signs are your friend it makes it easier to find things on the map as many things aren't labelled.

As for the question about power and weapons it seems to be the main quests that progress you more often in items, I unlocked level 7 weapons and not long after level 9. The level 9 gear comes from fishing which I think was following the quest chain from grandmama.

I got a purple epic then messed up thinking is recycled it as for some reason the items all move locations when I recycle, closed the app quickly hoping I still had it and the purple helm I crafted but apparently it hadn't saved so I had nothing. Now I'm stuck with the white and green shit again.

You get use to how to kill things I find I can kill everything, just some things require more focus as one mess up your dead, others I can just pole through. I don't notice much damage reduction but higher health helps everything and I love my healing potions.

16. Rain1dog

Rain1dog Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2010
    THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH FOR making such a fantastic game NOT free to play. This is the first game in a solid year that has truly sucked me in. It calls me when I'm not playing... That just one more minute maybe I'll get that ultra rare drop.

It can be played in 2-8 min blocks or for hours at a time.

The controls are freaking spot on!!

Graphics are outstanding on 6s plus.

This is such a labor of love... Great great work guys!!

17. spizak

spizak Active Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Can't finish the quest "tilling therpahy" i have to get back to uugy's medow to give something to aarnd but don't know what? Help;)

Game's quest list is really badly done with showing the whole convo instead of just the objectives.

18. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Aren't maps randomized (i.e.: different) for each of us?

19. /kEraaai

/kEraaai New Member

Sep 5, 2012
    #439 /kEraaai, Jan 23, 2016
    Bugged again :(

I couldnt finish the quest with the guy you are supposed to rescue from the interrogation room. Turns out you have to click on the guy and talk to him when you have the key. NOT use the key on the door. Using the key makes the door dissapear and the quest being stuck as unresolved forever.

This bothered me so I started the game over. This time I managed to complete the key quest, but the friggin wompit garter recipe never dropped. I have collected 22 sterling wompit essences with my wompit in tow, but the recipe never dropped. I guess this is because I hatched one of the butterfly pets before getting the wompit. And the first sterlings I killed were probably with the butterfly instead of the wompit.

Really miffed now. Two save games, at more or less the same spot in the game. One with a quest I can never finish. The other one with a wompit I cant evolve.

:(:(:(

20. ace626

ace626 Member

Jan 22, 2016
    Can anyone please give an Indepth guide on how pets work?

1. How do you obtain them? Just random drop?

2. How does it grow? I have no idea how but my pet (the dog looking one) keeps getting more?

3. How exactly does evolution work?

And any more tips is greatly appreciated!