Universal Crashlands (by Butterscotch Shenanigans) - TA GotY 2016

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jan 21, 2016.

1. Markku

Markku Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    thanks will buy tonight!

2. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    #402 Jorlen, Jan 23, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2016
    Real simple. Virtual pads = hold tablet with both hands. It's more comfortable for me. Holding with one hand and tapping sucks. I hate it. For me it has nothing to do with blocking the screen. And yes I'm on a full size iPad. I don't game on my phone.

3. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Yeah I'm playing it on iPad mini 1 and it's flawless, even tho it isn't on the supported list. You should be fine.

4. Killerluffy246

Killerluffy246 Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2014
    Asia
    Guys, just ignore all the complaints and enjoy the game. Dont feed those whinny kids.

5. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    Inb4 "I'm a gaming veteran" :p

6. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    Wait. We're requesting more control options and you're calling us "whinny kids"? Is that really necessary?

7. Press2Play

Press2Play Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2012
    Bussinessman
    Philippines
    Lol still want a virtual analog fighting is a bit annoying when trying to drag your finger esp. when fighting alot of enemy at once.

Btw like to ask about a quest can't find barbraan already got the key (Garaam's freedom) and can't take the holo on mindful meditation quest it says that's not yours to take? Any help tia.

8. zen_mode

zen_mode Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2015
    Sydney
    Check post #1 (technically #2) in this thread. I touch on this in my mini-review. Granted it was on an iPhone 6 on 8.4.1, so things might be better on iOS 9.

I actually want to get some comparison on iOS 9 versus the numbers I came up with.

9. ace626

ace626 Member

Jan 22, 2016
    Anyone know what the essences are for?

10. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    Crafting (youll unlock stuff eventually i think)

This game seriously gets better and better the more I play.

11. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Soooo... I've played this for about 2 hours now ( yeah, WAY behind most others ATM...), and even though no crafting games have ever really grabbed me in the past, this one has me by the gazoonguz. The gameplay is just so incredibly well done. I could go on and on, but cutting it short, every single aspect of this game is outstanding... And just keeps getting better ad better the more I play.

=oD

I couldn't be happier seeing this thread blow up. BS is a FANTASTIC development team. I hope this game does mindblowingly well for them and we can see many more games from them in the future. =oD

12. •Robert•

•Robert• New Member

Jan 23, 2016
    Can't complete the 'from the depths' quest

Edit:nvm

13. modus_ataraxia

modus_ataraxia Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2015
    Anyone know how to get or make Nitro for the kiln?

14. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Brilliant... Absolutely brilliant! Although I own Terreria and junk jax x I am not a super fan of craft games and probably only played Terreria for 15 mins and junk jack x for about 3 hours.

This game is amazing... From the story, to the graphics, to the gameplay... After the developers fixed their server the cloud saving works instantly between the ipad & iPhone within seconds... So crazy to think how other developers choose not to support iCloud and this developer can have their version of saves done so easily...

I've only played a lot 30 mins but probably some of the most enjoyable 30 mins of mobile gaming I've ever experienced.

Everyone should get this game as it has a perfect blend of gameplay of craft, RPG....

Get this now!!!

15. brainbag

brainbag Active Member

Sep 11, 2014
    If you're having trouble in combat, or just want to kill things/harvest faster, you can stutter step like in MOBAs. Basically it's a trick that allows you to attack faster than if you just let it auto attack.

Click on something, then as soon as the strike animation lands (you'll hear the sound/do damage), cancel the rest of the attack animation by tapping anywhere else on the screen. Then tap to attack your target again. So it's Attack->Move->Attack->Move, repeat quickly. You'll see your character making rapid chopping attacks without the bounce animation.

It takes a bit of practice to get the rhythm down, but once you get the hang of it, you can attack and harvest much faster. If you tap too fast, you won't actually attack, so watch out for that. It's really helpful.

16. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Just when I thought "ok this game can't get any cooler", I found WINGS!!

Flew over all the lakes I could find and there's some cool stuff hidden around, I won't spoil ;)

17. dukat111

dukat111 Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2010
    This game is much better than I expected, great job Butterscotch!

I'll throw out a request for a finger scroll / pinch-zoom interface for the map as well.

Content updates such as new bioms, characters, enemies, quests, items would be great, even as IAP.

Can anyone confirm the iOS cloud save is cross-platform with the PC Steam version?

18. sbirksy666

sbirksy666 Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2012
    Omg :) just got an 11 weapon from fishing :) and it's purple would upload a picture but it's not working on my phone for some reason

Stats are

Excellent wobblygong of the quadopos

Move speed 5.82
    Attacks/sec 2
    Damage/sec 324
    Crit/berserk/shock chance 11.65

19. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

First off, I need to say how amazing this game is. It has become my life, and I'm entirely okay with that. It's like Don't Starve meets WoW in all the right ways.

One thing I'm noticing that's a HUGE issue, but I don't think it is specifically because of this game as I'm in the Beta, is HUGE battery drains. I dropped 20% in less than 15 minutes of play, and as well the game does not register in the battery usage screen.

BSS - I'm happy to help however is needed to resolve the issue, but it's certainly noticeable with Crashlands on my 6+ on 9.3 Public Beta.

Even with that, still easily my favorite game to hit my Apple device since what... ever? Maybe Dungeon Raid but does that even really count? I was playing the crap out of Harvest Moon, but nope - I may never play that game again. This is just excellent in every single solitary arena, and I can't wait for my kids to play it.

Now if only the Canadian dollar wasn't so terrible, I'd be happier. But honestly, I've got my $7+ out of it in the few days since it's been out, it's all I can think of playing or doing outside of my familial duties of course!

20. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Confirmed.