Universal Crashlands (by Butterscotch Shenanigans) - TA GotY 2016

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jan 21, 2016.

1. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    #361 VirtualBoyFreak, Jan 22, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2016
    Crashlands' average score in Metacritic is... 100 based on 5 critics!!!!! Sure, 5 critics is not 50, but the game was released 48h ago and it's rocketing up the charts :) #

EDIT: just read the review from 148apps. They didn't notice that Flux is a girl, not a boy :D hopefully she'll become as famous as Samus Aran :)

Attached Files:

2. LarryWP

LarryWP Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2013
    It's now #2 on the Paid Chart. That's darn good!

It's amazing that they released this for three platforms, cloud saves, web site, full support, all on the same launch day. I'm very impressed! :)

3. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    Deserves #1. Hope it hits and stays there for a couple months :D

BS deserves to hit the jackpot on this one

4. bigred447uk

bigred447uk Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    Do these sassy guys try dethrone Foursaken Media as best premium devs on IOS?

They succeed. Foursaken will have to up their game!

Hands down best game on the AppStore. We are talking classic Nintendo quality. Best ARPG second only to LTTP.

5. fliindnyce

fliindnyce Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2015
    I know I'm late but I just downloaded any options on difficulty and any pointers before I start???

6. Killerluffy246

Killerluffy246 Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2014
    Asia
    Wth, dungelot got chosen as the editor's choice instead of Crashlands, whoever decided that deserve a major slap in the face.

7. bigred447uk

bigred447uk Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    Butter up.

Edit. : Get a Butterscotch ID and their other games to get extra stuff in this game.

8. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Why? Dungelot is an excellent game also.

9. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I wouldnt agree yet... BS has more freemium titles for now. Looking at their appstore page this is just their second Premium title, although the other premium was weaker than the rest of their awesome titles.

Both devs are favorites though. That is certain.

10. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Crashlands is Editor's Choice on the PH appstore store front. That's on the ipad.

But then Dungelot also deserves the title. Im glad they both get the recognition in different platforms.

11. fliindnyce

fliindnyce Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2015
    I have bs Id

12. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Just crafted my first legendary weapon and...
    It's a DUAL-CLAW WEAPON!!

CLAWS!!!

looks so badass

:p

13. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Glad to hear they got Editor's Choice somewhere. Apple should've given out two on the U.S. iPhone store this week. ;)

14. blue rocket

blue rocket Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2013
    Question, how do you talk to Remeri? Seems to be locked in her house? Pinwheels don't seem to do anything...

15. revolverblue85

revolverblue85 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2012
    Really digging this pearlscale weapon only level 9

16. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Crashlands is editor's choice for iPad and Dungelot is editor's choice on iPhone in U.S.

17. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    #377 Duivs, Jan 23, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2016
    WHATEVER, my homework can wait! Going to start today :D
    I need some Crashlands friends, so add Doovy if you're interested!

I've downloaded their other games again to get the perks first, but just remembered that I haven't buttered up Roid Rampage or Towelfight so I've lost my progress and can't get the perks unless I butter up TF, beat forn from scratch, butter up RR, and then get the achievement to get the Crashlands side quest. Good thing the side quests aren't extremely important! :p
    Can anyone tell me what I'll be missing though?

Edit: Oh! I've just booted up TF and could restore my cloud save! It's not of when I beat Forn (my bad, should have backed it up more) but it's very close to beating Luhmpz, which is the requirement for the Crashlands achievement! At least I can get one of the side quests now if I bathe my Towelfight in butter :D

18. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    Sweet lord, this game is good. Is it really 2am already? I need to go to bed...

19. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Crashlands is currently editor's choice for the iPhone as well in the Swedish App Store. Can't say I see the sense or reason in spotlighting the new Dungelot title over or even next to Crashlands, even with the purpose of offering up a mix of the hardcore and the casual (as subjective as any comparison is bound to be, there is such a vast discrepancy both in depth and width of gameplay, but also in effort and innovation, between the two), but I'm glad this is up there to some extent, at least. Both for the game itself, but also to set precedents for future iOS development.

20. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I personally think this should be featured over Dungelot just because of how this game is like the ultimate form of mobile crafting blended with other amazing elements. I haven't even played a game quite like this on my iOS device before. Dungelot is also iOS 8.3+ only while this is iOS 5.1+ I believe? That's incredible. Dungelot already locked out a huge amount of customers for also a 2D game.