Universal Crashlands (by Butterscotch Shenanigans) - TA GotY 2016

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jan 21, 2016.

1. bhoylhogro

bhoylhogro Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2014
    Just downloaded earlier today and played a lot. I've finally encountered a significant slowdown after a long play session. I think it's because I've explored too much area in the session that my device can't handle so much terrain loading. After I got to a certain craft table unlock, the game crashed to home screen. Still, I barely lost any progress.

Re-opening the app, the game played smoothly again. This is somewhat mind-blowing, considering my device and OS version should be near-obsolete by now. We're just beginning 2016 and we already have a GOTY contender.

2. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    I still can't believe how much content you get for a mere 5 bucks. I've sunk more time into this game in the past 24 hours than I have playing the full campaign in some $60 console games. It's nuts.

3. Durduhdur

Durduhdur Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2012
    #303 Durduhdur, Jan 22, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2016
    Hmmm well the only quest I have right now is Crafty Contact to make the Klin and you need nitro to make it. I'm missing something just can't figure out what :confused:

Also my Bscotch ID name is - Hambster if anyone wants to add me.

edit - Ok so you get the recipe for it from Ramerl I guess I just forgot to talk to him a second time. Back to the game for me =D

4. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    If I loved quadropus rampage, do you guys think I'd like this? Is it quadropus + crafting and exploring, minus the permadeath?

5. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    https://forums.bscotch.net/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=4062

6. DaMobileMob_YT

DaMobileMob_YT Well-Known Member

Thank you very much Duke! I have seen it also! Thank you for your quick reply though! =)

7. fabianb

fabianb Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    You would love this. Such an improvement on Quadropus

8. honeyaintsweet

Aug 20, 2015
    Anyone who is on the fence about this, just get it. It is very very rare that a mobile game captures me. This one is so good it actually made me post here about it (which I never do, even though I read TA all the time). I mean, it is just as encompassing as playing Metal Gear Solid V, Uncharted, Fallout 4, or any other current AAA game.

Question for those who have it: Does anyone know if there is something I can build to sleep, sit, etc that will restore health?

9. e5py

e5py Member

Feb 5, 2015
    Fallout 4?!

That miiiight be a bit of a stretch. Don't get me wrong, I'm not hating on the game AT ALL. (in fact, I adore it) but you really cant compare the two...in my opinion.

And yes, keep doing quests, you will unlock something to help you restore health.

10. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Feel like I need a stronger sword. How do you upgrade? I have a level 3 sword that I crafted but still having trouble with the bigger rinos and squid things.

Help

11. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Around 6 hours in now and beaten my first two bosses which were tough, I beat them both first time but it was very enjoyable and I found myself smiling and thinking I can't remember the last time a mobile game had so much for me to find and do.

Still happy finding new things all of he time and getting new bits of gear and trinkets ect it helps keep things interesting and there's always something to be working for.

I find the quest bits could be a bit more helpful in some cases, in many the general area and then exploring is fine but earlier I had one to return somewhere and had no idea where to go I kept teleporting until I found the person.

Anyway really enjoying the game and I'm scared it'll end sometime : (

A pet stat/info page would be nice too as sometimes I find it hard to decide who's better. I found my glowbug pulls creatures I'm not battling.

12. WhovianWithALightsaber

WhovianWithALightsaber Active Member

Jun 7, 2013
    @Devs, this game is marvelous! Thank you so much for your hard work, it shows! If I may make a suggestion, a swipe and drag feature for the map would be wonderful. I keep accidentally teleporting because I try to do that and forget to use the arrows. #

13. spader623

spader623 Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2014
    I've gotta say, one of my favorite things about the game is how whenever your starting to get bored of say cutting trees, the game says 'hey you can make this new thing and cut trees even faster'. It's awesome

14. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    #314 Duke12, Jan 22, 2016
    You can use stone shaper to make stone bed when you have the recipe

15. DaMobileMob_YT

DaMobileMob_YT Well-Known Member

I would say grinding and quests!

16. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    yeah im in his same boat. keep crafting white gear -_-

17. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    #317 ste86uk, Jan 22, 2016
    I get that a lot too, must be something like 60% white or higher, then mostly green with tiny margins for other colours

How do I get the soil I can plant in? Had the quest a while and had 4 soil to plant in but they were random. Can't find a recipe or anything still

18. CzarBrain

CzarBrain Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Added

czaraven here if any toucharcaders want to add.

19. athros

athros Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    DevOps
    Colorado
    You get the recipe as part of a quest. The requirements are pretty hefty, considering how rare the ingredient(s) are.

It requires 9 dirt for 4 squares

20. Bohampscious

Bohampscious Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Tartil Egg?

What kind of Tartil drops the egg?

Seems like I've killed tons of them...larvy up to pappy but no egg has dropped. Haven't seen one that has a feminine name.