Universal Crashlands (by Butterscotch Shenanigans) - TA GotY 2016

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jan 21, 2016.

1. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    What's the best way to play cross device, just use the cloud save? It has now to local save but does that matter?

So far I think I just loaded my game from the cloud and it seemed to automatically update onto the cloud. I did sync with cloud as I always do also, but if the save isn't on my iPhone as its on my iPad will it sync anyway?

2. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    How do I change recipes mid exploring. Like you can change the recipe your looking for parts for at your bench...but if your out exploring and then change your mind on what you want to craft and would like to see the recipe on the HUD, is there any way to change? I can't find a way, without going back to my workbench.

3. NightmareCC

NightmareCC Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2014
    Yeah I miss that too. The arrows are nice but its not the way I like to use the map.

This should help you out!

4. Retro Nug

Retro Nug Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    The Netherworld
    I could be wrong, but unfortunately I don't think that there is a way to do that. Hopefully I AM wrong and someone else can clarify.

5. Retro Nug

Retro Nug Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    The Netherworld
    I would also prefer a touch interface for using the map. Altho, it is a minor "complaint" compared to the rest of the awesomeness that the game has an abundance of!

6. Killerluffy246

Killerluffy246 Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2014
    Asia
    About the 3 wishes quest I accidentally destroy the flower, can anyone tell me which direction to go ?

7. cuppy

cuppy Member

Apr 13, 2014
    Wasn't that interested but bought it because of all the glowing reviews.

Was on the potty and decided to fire it up. Big mistake.

Crawled out 1 hour later because I was numb from butt down.

10/10.

Will do it again.

8. ace626

ace626 Member

Jan 22, 2016
    Anyone else having a hard time getting quest done? For some of them I have no idea where to go... Like the kiikeed ring quest one

9. poppichicken

poppichicken Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2012
    South Australia
    Oops, sorry.
    Message deleted.
    I forgot to hit Quote before replying to a question.

10. poppichicken

poppichicken Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2012
    South Australia
    Simply create another workbench (and any other crafting table you need on-the-go).
    Then, out in the wilderness, put down some flooring (ALWAYS have lots of spare thatched sawfloor with you), and then put the crafting tables on the flooring. You can then do whatever crafting tasks you want, away from home.
    Just remember to un-craft the crafting tables and the flooring when you are done, so you can take them with you!

11. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    This would be a great thing to do without having to put down a new workbench. This, and moving the map around with touch would be nice.

But other than those suggestions, I can't think of anything else that would make this game better. Everything from controls to writing to menus... Just brilliant. And that music is epic. And I don't use that word lightly. Well done all around! And congrats on a huge success.

12. Artvarg

Artvarg Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2013
    Had the same problem.
    It pointed west. You have to go very far, past the teleporter.

13. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Right. Thank you, hadn't thought of that.
    BUT, is not the ability to at least look at recipes from the menu while you're out exploring at least something that feels like it's missing?
    I'll remember your suggestion, but if you just want another glance at another recipe for something, then that's a very bottom end about face way of doing it.

14. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Thanks for the idea about having the extra workbenches, I already carry around floors but dust didn't think of doing workbenches....not that it takes long to return home and back to where I was again.

Anybody else build their base over water? Feels like it's safer to me, I remove the bridge to it too....I know there's no reason but still I like it. Looking out for somewhere better though as I've barely bothered building anything and have about 50 plant pots outside.

15. Pony

Pony Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    The Netherlands
    I have an odd request hoping this community can help out.
    My credit card got blocked and the bank sent me a new one, which is still on its way.
    But, I've got a long trip ahead this weekend and would really love this game so badly during the long trip.
    Could someone gift it via iTunes and that I pay back via PayPal?
    You would really do me huge favor. Please PM me if you're willing to help me out.
    Many many many thanks in advance!

16. zen_mode

zen_mode Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2015
    Sydney
    As I said, I don't.

17. Alex Wolf

Alex Wolf Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2010
    You can buy gift cards online with paypal ;-)

18. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    The battles remind me of Secret of Mana which is the highest compliment in my eyes that an ARPG can receive and this is an ARPG and a crafting/building game all rolled into one awesome package!

19. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Can anyone help me please, I found the square lake and went onto the square island in the middle of it, which had stones and 1 bacon weed flower, it said follow the flower but the flower does nothing? I picked up the flower and all the rocks still nothing?

20. evanac

evanac Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2011
    Senior Producer
    You need to walk in the direction the flower points
    (i.e. which side of the stone is it on?)
    to find what you seek. ;)