Universal Crashlands (by Butterscotch Shenanigans) - TA GotY 2016

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jan 21, 2016.

1. Alexythimia23

Alexythimia23 Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2012
    Wow........................this thread escalated quickly.
    Downloading now.

2. VidGamrJ

VidGamrJ Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2015
    I'm about 3 hours in and this is one of the ultra rare games that has been living up to the hype. Definitely check this one out of you haven't already!

3. Retro Nug

Retro Nug Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    The Netherworld
    Thanks for pointing out the manual. I haven't finished all of it yet, but I really dig the connections between Crashlands and the other games in the BSS library. Makes me wanna go back and play Quadropus and Towelfight 2 some more!! Unfortunately I'd hafta stop playing Crashlands to do that and I don't wanna!

Anybody like to add a new friend to your BScotch ID? My username is Retro.

4. predator8u

predator8u Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2013
    Wow 21 pages of posts and the only real critique so far is, mfi support would be nice... I think it's a winner.

I've been visiting this forum in between nearly every patient, just counting down to 1700. So I can play. Super excited.

5. bscotchshenani

bscotchshenani Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2013
    You can change the field of view in the game settings from the main menu!

6. bigred447uk

bigred447uk Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    Waited all day through work to play. Now I can't stop. It's awesome.up there with the classics, regardless of platform.

I'll certainly be double dipping to play on my pc.

7. Retro Nug

Retro Nug Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    The Netherworld
    Ya beat me to it! Damn, devs. Tee hee hee!

8. brerlappin

brerlappin Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2009
    Will the iOS version be able to play the user-made campaigns?

9. retrogamer83

retrogamer83 Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2011
    United Kingdom
    Okay, I want to first state that I'm not normally a fan of these 'crafting' games. Minecraft and Terraria did nothing for me. Despite this, I ignored my instincts and took the plunge after all the positive feedback in this thread. Played for about 4 hours this evening. Well, what can I say. I'm blown away. A brilliant game indeed. What pushes it above all the other 'craft' games for me is the level of story telling and humour. Thanks to the devs for a great game. Trust me, being a gamer for 25 years, it takes a lot to impress me these days, being the miserable old grouch that I am. So to anyone on the fence, buy the game and enjoy it. Support the devs so they can relase more of these types of games and none of this free nonsense. Also, what excites me is the infinite level of additions that could be made to the game over time (new quests, items, pets etc.). Not that their isn't a ton of stuff included already, but the possibilities seem endless! I'm on an iPad mini 1st gen too, so for anyone worried it won't run, it's been great for me, even with the 'advanced graphic' option enabled. Big thumbs up.

10. Reaganomics

Reaganomics Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2009
    I tried the various sizes, but it stays at the default size. I also tried a restart, to no avail it's staying small.

11. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    A late thank you, Bscotchs, for your answer in the upcoming thread.
    Way too much crafting and building for me, so i'm bored already *hides quickly*, though i finally killed my first few wompits, lol.

Not really necessary to say what all fans know, you're colorful art style, story and humor is simply outstanding...again.

Good luck!

12. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    I've tried it in the iPad 3 and it works. Haven't checked on the 4S though. Nonetheless, if you set the characters too big to see their details on a phone, you'll be killed loads of times due to not seeing the surroundings in a battle. On my 4S the characters are tiny... But the screen is already tiny compared to the iPad, and in battles I need to move around quickly not to get killed.

13. ediblejesus

ediblejesus Member
    Patreon Bronze

Sep 24, 2013
    In their last podcast the devs said there is no plan to implement mfi support unless the game becomes a runaway success and they have to figure out how to support game consoles.

14. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    For me the crafting in Crashlands is spot-on. It's very simple: choose what you want to craft and you'll get the things needed on the top right. Look for them and craft. It's much simpler than Junk Jack, Blockheads or similar games where there are hundreds of ingredients, sub-ingredients and things like that. Crashland's got more action-RPG, more story and less crafting on average than the other games mentioned IMO.

15. lucrezio87

lucrezio87 Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2010
    Italy
    Bought, WHAT A GAME! xD
    Definitely loving it ^^

Dear Butt, are there some plans to make a sale/discount code for whom buy one versione,and would like to buy on another platform?

16. Reydn

Reydn Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Sorry for my ignorance - couldn't find the answer anywhere: does or will this game feature multiplayer? Thanks!

17. ashmike3

ashmike3 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    Just left a nice 5 star in the App Store. Thanks for this gem.

18. Ghostdog1

Ghostdog1 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2015
    All about this game is outstanding: the gamemechanics, the fighting, the crafting, the art, the quests and the mixture of survival and rpg.
    So much love is put in all this, and it makes me happy every second i play this game - its just incredible.

A big thanks to the devs for not building in frustrating goals. After 7 hours in game still everything flows. Every quest can be done within a short time - but you can do so much in the world so that i always start doing different things.

Thanks for this great game. All the best to you.

19. eventide

eventide Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2012
    So can the crafting tool be upgraded?

20. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    What? There are several crafting tables, and in each you do different things. Tables are not upgradable though, at least so far for me. You begin with table A, which after a while lets you craft table B, on table B after a while you get to craft table C, and so on. You refer to that?