Crashlands - Butterscotch Shenanigans' next game

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by JCho133, Mar 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Yup... Seeing this thread bumped helps too.

2. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    The 4 month intermission between activity is now over.
    This dormant thread shall be reawakened.
    The ashes of hype shall burn into a blaze once more!

3. baldeagle86

baldeagle86 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    I'm still super pumped for this, even if it's delayed. All the custom content from other players will be insane!!

4. bscotchshenani

bscotchshenani Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2013
    Hey everyone! Adam here.

We turned on the hype train at the start of the summer when we SUPER NAIVELY thought we were nearly done. Turns out that the whole making-a-story thing was way more complicated than we thought. But the Creator is amazing, and I'm super excited to open it up to players. (In case you missed our discussions about it, we'll be saving the Creator for the first content patch so we can get the game out earlier. But we'll start a Creator rolling-beta shortly after launch.)

After missing our overly-optimistic launch window, we've just been working non-stop trying to get things done. Since we decided that we are terrible at estimating development time, we just derailed the hype train and went radio silent so we could focus our attention on game development. Things have gone fabulously, and we're nearly there.

We haven't forgotten about you. The hype train will come back online as the beta gets going, and the moment we can set a release date we'll announce it. And then we'll try to pop in to say hello and answer questions.

We won't select beta testers until right before the thing starts, so applications are still open if you want in on the action. You'll find it at crashlands.net

Thanks for being patient with us. The game will be all the better for this extra incubation time, and we truly can't wait to get it into your hands!

5. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    Thanks for the update!
    Don't worry about the extra incubation time, many people would rather have a polished game later than a 'dodgy' game now.

6. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    I just hope that Sam is alright.

7. bscotchshenani

Feb 26, 2013
    Sam is doing great! He has to take a dozen pills a day to keep his new immune system in check, and of course has some side effects from that to deal with. He has to get his blood drawn every week to see how the transplanted blood is taking hold, which is kind of a drag. But, all in all, he's doing quite well. Normally he posts updates on his health stuff, but for this final round he was just too damn tired of it all.

It's weird how Crashlands came into being because of that stuff, and how Crashlands will be complete at roughly the same time Sam is finished with the entire process. This will be an unbelievably cathartic game release!

8. infinityking

infinityking Well-Known Member

May 2, 2015
    Thank you devs for keeping us updated:D

9. infinityking

May 2, 2015
    How much will this cost around?

10. raravan

raravan Well-Known Member

May 18, 2014
    99,99$.

11. IOSgamer1980

IOSgamer1980 Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2015
    Is this premium or IAP? Looks like Shattered Galaxy ... only good. :)

12. infinityking

May 2, 2015
    Even at that price i might be compelled to buy it#

13. geno11233

geno11233 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Nice! I was hoping it would be under $200

14. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    Mmm yeah but it's still a bit much for me.
    I'll wait until it's goes half price ;)

15. geno11233

geno11233 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Idkk 50$ seems like a steal for this game

Haha I really can't wait for this game

16. bscotchshenani

Feb 26, 2013
    It'll be $5 on iTunes and Gplay and $15 on Steam.

With the crossplatforminess you can move your save between all that you've purchased on, which is QUITE NEAT.

And there's at a minimum ~40 hours of content. Probably double or more if you do all the sidequests and bosses and things.

Here's some wallpapers and things if you want to CONTINUE THAT HYPE BONFIRE!

We've decided to push the Creator functionality to the first big patch after launch, so we can get the beast out sooner. Once that's in it'll be like a full modding community of stuff going on, so there's theoretically infinite stories people will tell and ways they will abuse it. Super excited for that phase!

17. jgeirge

jgeirge Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2015
    Nooooooo. Make it $9.99!! 5$ is too cheap for a game like this!!

18. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    In.sta.buy. Hopefully soon. Im off this week and Christmas week and going full game mode, much to hubby's chagrin (he's not a gamer).

19. Ragn4rok 74

Ragn4rok 74 Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2014
    Gotta agree. I feel like you guys are charging too little on iOS. I'd gladly pay $10 or even the $15 that it'll sell for on Steam. I don't have a PC so iOS is my only platform. This is easily one of my most anticipated games of the year. My mom passed away last year from leukemia. I've also lost an uncle and a childhood friend to the same sorry disease in just the past few years. This game is partly a testament to kicking cancer square in the a$&.

20. baldeagle86

baldeagle86 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    It would probably seem extremely weird, but launching at $10 then going to $5 a week later might work. Everyone wanting to support you guys will instabuy, and all the whiners will be compelled to get it at $5 "half-price". LOL!