iPad Crash Bandicoot is now the number 1 top paid game

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Vende, Dec 30, 2008.

1. Vende

Vende Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    I think that's really a testament to the recent ipod touch Christmas success, as I'm guessing a lot of these new consumers are in the younger age bracket. And since this game has a Mario Cart feel, well, then understandibly it was a hot sell, despite the price remaining $6.

2. Everydaynormalguy

Everydaynormalguy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Student By Day, Masked Vigilante By Night
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
  3. Vende

Vende Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    yeah, that's what I meant; I mean, I don't know how anyone can consider ifart a game

4. ericxd

ericxd Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    but controls on this is so shit
    i deleted!

5. Everydaynormalguy

Oct 5, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    I don't know who'd actually buy Crash. It seems like a decent game at best. If anything, little kids would've bought Rolando...

6. rootbeersoup

rootbeersoup Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    I actually kinda liked it, although I am growing extremely bored of games controlled by the accelerometer.

7. Chiller ONE

Chiller ONE Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    haha....:D

I actually played it a lot when it first came out, but now there are much better racing games available.

8. Danillson

Danillson Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    The game is also very successfull here in Germany!
    First place game...

9. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

Christmas is all to blame for Rolando not being a hit success. It is no longer in the Top 50 in the US..

10. DanM

DanM Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    England
    Maybe its popular cos the console game series sold millions of copies and also this app was on the Adverts for iTouch or iPhone, cant remember which.

11. Coral

Coral Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    The rankings in top paid apps overall are inconsistent with the top paid games. Very strange.

12. brewstermax

Well, if it was actually like the console series, but its very simple and easy racing. Beat it within a day. Something similar to the console series, on the other hand, would be a great platformer/adventure

13. Everydaynormalguy

Oct 5, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    Wait a minute, on my iTunes Crash is now at no. 4 That makes more sense than it being no. 2 And Rolando is no. 12 DMax...
    Top 10 Apps:

1. iFart
    2. SimCity
    3. Chopper
    4. Crash
    5. Tetris
    6. Enigmo
    7. Bejeweled 2
    8. iBeer
    9. Touchgrind
    10. Fieldrunners

14. brewstermax

Mine shows Rolando not on there, and Crash at #2.

1. iFart
    2. Crash
    3. Tetris
    4. Chopper
    5. iBeer
    6. iHunt
    7. Touchgrind
    8. Pocketguitar
    9. Bejeweled
    10. Enigmo
    11. Simcity
    12. Moto Chaser
    13. Line Rider iRide

And Rolando isn't even in my Top 50. Wow, Apple is starting to have major inconsistencies. Check Appshopper, and it is my list exactly.

Ohh except I don't have Rolando at #30.

15. Everydaynormalguy

Oct 5, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    #15 Everydaynormalguy, Dec 30, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2008
    ^ Yeah. What you have is what's shown "on the cover" of the appstore but once you click on the Top Paid Apps tab then it gives you what I have. Personally, I think my list makes more sense as I can't see Rolando slipping off the top 50 in little less than two weeks...

16. brewstermax

I'm on my iPod, if that makes any difference, but I have the same list as AppShopper, but Rolando is nowhere to be found. Apple, really, get it together, I don't care if you have to manually count the people who bought what app, get the list right..

17. HardcoreEricXXX

HardcoreEricXXX Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    With the influx of touches, the top 25 looks much like it did 3 months ago.

18. brewstermax

Unfortunately. Thankfully most users don't know much about it, so it should level off soon. And TA will get tons of new member (which = spam and need for new mods. Great, so long the TA I knew, you are now just as covered over with immaturity as iLounge and Macrumors.)

19. Freeway82

Freeway82 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Ha Ha be like Lil Wayne

ha ha!! Be Like Lil Wayne, iFart and Star War: Force Unleashed are actually among the top 100 Apps. Man this is stupid is the iPhone and iPod market now flooded with little kids. I love hip hop but who would by an app that farts and teaches you how to be like someone else, where is originality? This is madness.

20. brewstermax

Who really knows. It seems like anything with Hannah Montana and Lil Wayne on it will sell. Which reminds me that we thankfully don't have a Hannah Montana app (please don't let Disney be reading this). iFart is #1, which is stupid, but Pull My Finger was #2 at one point also. Star Wars, well I don't like the movie, so I didn't bother. (P.S. I don't have the other 2 either)