iPad CrappyRPG

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by LordCrom, Mar 16, 2009.

1. LordCrom

LordCrom Well-Known Member

2. soup

soup Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    well if its rubbish you still have to give it 5* cos it says it is :)

3. Ravenblack

Ravenblack Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Singapore
    Daily iPhone has some details.

4. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    Lol. You have to give them credit for using reverse phsycology.

5. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    At 99 cents I'll probably pick up a copy of this tonight. I'm willing to take some crap for the team :)

6. Big Albie

Big Albie Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Casual gamer/marketing dude
    San Francisco, California
    Good point...technically if it is "crappy", then you have to give it 5 stars. But if it's decent or even good, then you'd have to give a star. It makes you wonder how far they could've gotten with iBoobs. :)

7. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member

Haha, what a great name.

8. aceallways

aceallways Member

Mar 17, 2009
    I am the developer.

Hi everyone, I am the developer of this game that FINALLY got approved.

After the game got rejected for an obscene icon (I think you can guess), I resubmitted both it and the lite version.

The lite version is very limited but will give you a good idea of what the game is like and should be approved by the end of the week (I hope).

Currently the game is in a very incomplete stage as respects my vision but expect many updates in the near future.

9. snow_mani

snow_mani Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Melbourne, Australia
    Welcome!

Welcome to the forum aceallways! It's always good to see devs here.

I like the name of your game. This is one time that I hope a game does not live up to its name.

Good to see that there is a lite version. I'll check it out.

10. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Well, here's the gist of the game. You walk around several rooms, clicking on monsters to defeat them. Every once in a while you level up, at which time you can boost your Stats and Skills. The controls are too sensitive - when I think I'm clicking on a monster to attack it half the time I just end up moving my character to a different spot in the room. At first I thought the stats screen was broken because I couldn't adjust my stats or skills at all. There is no equipment or treasure to collect, the sound effects that exist are poor, and music is non-existent. On the plus side, you can kill monsters without being anywhere near them. While I haven't played it yet, this feels like a cheap clone of Loot Master. Not trying to be offensive to the developer, but the name suits the product pretty well. I'd be real curious what he actually has envisioned for the future of this product.

11. Mattman

Mattman Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    #11 Mattman, Mar 17, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2009
    Oh well, guess it lived up to its name :(-but I'll prolly still check it out

12. aceallways

aceallways Member

Mar 17, 2009
    I plan on adding an inventory system, and more enemies.
    If you think the controls are too picky I can enlarge the hit boxes, I plan to improve the character animation, and redo all sound effects.

I was debating whether to add music but if you think it will add to the experience I will add a different track for each landscape change.

I also plan to add bosses (perhaps the last floor of each row).

I want to add more unique enemies (long-range, faster movement, etc).

Expect an update within a couple weeks.

13. Big Albie

Big Albie Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Casual gamer/marketing dude
    San Francisco, California
    Welcome to the forums. The update sounds great so I look forward to it.

14. RPGGuy

RPGGuy Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2008
  15. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    All the makings of a decent dungeon crawler. Just out of curiosity, why not do this stuff BEFORE your first release? Were you in that big of a rush to get this out to the public (or did you just want to take advantage of your catchy title :))?

I would definitely say make the hit boxes a bit bigger. If you've got a lot of creatures rushing at you, you don't want to have to worry that you're going to accidentally be moving your character instead of attacking a monster when you click the screen. As for the music I wouldn't go overboard, though one or two tracks would be cool. I'm not sure how many different landscapes you've got, but if you do decide to go with a track for each one, make sure they're pretty small in size. Looking forward to giving the game a try again once you've made some of these updates.

16. aceallways

aceallways Member

Mar 17, 2009
    Well the main reason for early release is that I knew balances to skills and stats would need changing, so I thought why not be doing this in response to user feedback rather than tinkering with it myself only to find my "balancing" bias. In this way each update will contain balancing along with it's new features. For suggestions to the app, everyone can feel free to e-mail me @ contact@meerkata.com, this way the comments in the app won't become out of hand.