Universal Craft The World - Pocket Edition (By Dekovir, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Dec 12, 2014.

1. Tutt22

Tutt22 Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2010
    It is so addictive. It took me a couple false starts and all my dwarves got killed but now that I know what I'm doing, this game is awesome.

2. Ragn4rok 74

Ragn4rok 74 Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2014
    Just got the game and while I like it so far I'm having issues saving as well. I played the campaign for about 10 minutes, exited out and when I tried to continue it made me restart. I tried again after playing 20 minutes and had the same result. When I choose my save game it shows my time as being 20 minutes but forces me to restart. Am I doing something incorrectly or is this the same issue others are having?

3. iosbuddha

iosbuddha New Member

Dec 19, 2014
    very interested in the game
    iPhone 6 plus so waited for the fix
    i must say it does look above expectations. not amazing as I see it could be but definitely good. I love watching the trees sprout in real time! lol

the gameplay is okay. I'm getting this feeling of serious depth in terms of crafting and exploration, which I'm hoping doesn't come to a hard stop being a new game to iOS.

Having a bit of trouble understanding some ui like the skull with a timer.
    as well as a bit of confusion managing what all your little guys are doing when marking tasks and they just randomly slowly climb things and do nothing lol.

but in all it seems promising, no hint of tasteless iap's YET which is a good feeling.
    only played for a few hours so far

4. iosbuddha

iosbuddha New Member

Dec 19, 2014
    no issue saving yet for me.
    iPhone 6 plus
    exited the game multiple times over a few hours
    even closed it and reopened, pressed play and picked up right where I left off.

5. spader623

spader623 Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2014
    The skull timer is when a portal opens for one night and a ton of super hard enemy's come o attack. After the night ends, they disaaper until the timer hits zero again. Yeah the AI is kinda wonky, but they'll do what you want fairly soon. It seems likd you also have to get crafting to the end, since in order to get the portal spell (find portal, beat level) the enemy who guards it can only be killed by end tier weapons. Which require EVERYTHING to be unlocked.

6. ikmalmn

ikmalmn Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2013
    Well it's a good thing idiot send in my 12 fully armed leather armor dwarves....

7. spader623

spader623 Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2014
    #167 spader623, Dec 19, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2014
    Yeah. I didn't realize it until the codex thing popped up and said that. So, good job for finding him, now get out of there and make sure you mark where he is :D

8. ikmalmn

Apr 1, 2013
    #168 ikmalmn, Dec 19, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2014
    To Mr Fix it

Also Mr Dekovir,

I have confirmed that the game has stability issues in the IPad 2 and you can recreate it when you have 12 dwarfs and you have explored at least 2/3 of the map.

•Mostly crash when opening the journal or store
    •Sometime crashes randomly

Restarting have no effect at all.

:)

9. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    You don't actually need end tier weapons despite what the bestiary says, I used steel swords and a couple of longbows - it took 2 attempts, I had to call all the dwarves back to sleep and regenerate health and then go back a second time to finish the guard off. Its heath doesn't regenerate so you take as long as you want to kill it.

10. ikmalmn

Apr 1, 2013
    #170 ikmalmn, Dec 20, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2014
    But dude...seriously

That monster is freaking POWERFULL as crap...I was just close on losing 3 dwarves with 20+ healt pots
    But killing even one of them is just so satisfying

11. maxsteele

maxsteele Member

Aug 17, 2013
    Yeah, I'm one of "those guys" who is still chugging away on an old iPad 2.

Anyone know if this game will run at all on it? I'm still on IOS 7 (Heard IOS 8 really destroys the old iPad 2s).

I would get this on PC, but if I can have the same experience on the iPad 2 and cheaper, then I'm all for it!

12. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    Finally finished World 1 - took 18 hours or so. It could probably be done quicker if you knew what you were doing and spent less time designing the dwarves' house.
    I've started World 2 now, it's noticeably harder than World 1, and the different climate also makes a change.

13. Dekovir

Dekovir Member

Apr 1, 2012
    I guess we should add timers, and convert the game to F2P like "great" new Sim City, to be noticed by Touch Arcade and Apple...

14. Dekovir

Dekovir Member

Apr 1, 2012
    Yes, It works well on our iPad 2 with iOs 7.

15. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    #175 sapphire_neo, Dec 24, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2014
    You guys have such a great product here, the mobile market is just hellbent on imploding into a black hole of freemium garbage.

16. aprodigalson

aprodigalson Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    It's really sad that this game isn't getting the attention it deserves. I think you've done an amazing job porting it over.

17. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    The port is perfect, touchscreen controls work wonderfully with this game.

18. The Son of Anarchy

The Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

May 14, 2012
    Amazing game. Premium quality experience that should be applauded and appreciated on so many levels. Leagues ahead of 95% of anything else on the AppStore. The quality of the programming and the fact it has no iap make this a no brainer purchase that should be supported fully by by anyone and everyone lucky enough to own an iDevice.

19. try2bcool

try2bcool Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2012
    Yeah, I was wondering why this game got snubbed by TA so far, I don't think it was even mentioned in the releases for the week. Although, with the bugs mentioned in this thread that it released with, that could be a good thing. ;)

I would have bought this mobile version, but...Steam Sale happened. I just bought it on there. I've had it on my Wishlist for awhile, but I was on the fence. I don't regret the purchase of it one bit, it's a really good game, I highly recommend it!

I think Junk Jack X + Overlord (with good minions) would be about as close as I can describe the gameplay. With tech trees like any good 4x strategy game, and a lite tower defense component thrown in for good measure.

Something I haven't seen anyone comment about, is the fact that you can speed up the time to get you through the grindy bits, that helps a bunch with the waiting for resources.

20. ZugZug

ZugZug Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2011
    I have been having so much fun with this one. Im still on the first board and im loving it. Also baught the steam version, great job to the devs. A really fun mash up games.