Universal Craft The World - Pocket Edition (By Dekovir, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Dec 12, 2014.

1. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    #121 Luciano1084, Dec 16, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2014
    It's going to take me a while to get the hang of this game.. Once I do I'll really like it I'm sure.. I've been playing for three hours and still don't know much.. My tech tree is running along smoothly but I'm having trouble with basic things like placing items, controlling all these guys and feeding them..I don't even have earth or stone blocks to build a house yet.. After 3 hours I should have a shelter built right? Lol.. I got the hang of terraria pretty quick but this is a whole new monster

2. spader623

spader623 Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2014
    There seems to be some helpful videos on YouTube. I'd check the steam board. And I just bought this but I've heard that the game isn't saving sometimes so I'll wait for an update

3. gemineye62

gemineye62 Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2010
    Drag apples and berries into your button slots. Them click on the apples at
    the bottom. The box will highlight a yellow colour. Then tap on the table a few
    times and the fruit will appear on the table.

4. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
  5. StratAll

StratAll Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2009
    You're fine then. From what I can see the dwarves will eat automatically when their hunger level drops below one bread icon or you can select a dwarf and instruct it to eat. The same goes for health, sleeping and beds btw.

If your tables are empty the dwarves start commenting on that with text speech and icons, quite funny actually how you start to care for your little gang in this game.

6. Luciano1084

May 8, 2014
    Thanks guys, finally figured out how to feed these dwarfs.. Pretty amazed I'm playing this on a tablet

7. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    You can just use the earth that the dwarves dig up to build a shelter, you don't need to craft anything, just put the earth in one of the slots at the bottom and place it like you would place anything else. Or even better, just dig out a hole in the ground and put a hatch over the entrance, that will do as a shelter to start with. You don't have to include your stockpile in the shelter to start with.

Each block you dig out has two layers - a front layer and a back layer. So you can dig them twice before you can see through them to the background. Your shelter must have a back wall eg it must be covered in back layers, just building walls and a ceiling is not enough.

8. Annii

Annii Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2013
    If you could buy either this or Junk Jack X, which would you buy and why?

9. Luciano1084

May 8, 2014
    Thank you sir.. Going to start playing as soon as I get home from work.. Time to build a shelter.. Quick question, how do I craft the walls?

10. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    This one. I think the team of dwarves that you don't directly control makes this one more interesting.

You don't actually need to at the start, you can just build walls out of earth (just drag the earth from the crafting menu to the quick slot bar, then tap it to highlight it yellow then tap wherever you want to place it). For the rear walls you will only need to build each square one, but remember for the side walls and roof you will need to build them twice (one for the back layer and once for the front layer).
    You can build them out of stone in the same way.

Later on you'll be able to craft walls but it might be a while before you have enough wood or other materials to replace all your earth/stone walls.

11. Luciano1084

May 8, 2014
    Awesome, thank you so much :)

12. Gforce

Gforce Member

Jan 14, 2013
    Law
    AZ
    Any word on the iPhone 6 plus update?

13. Bluangl27

Bluangl27 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    All my kids are playing this (two iPods and one iPad mini) and it's a big tease since I'm on the iPhone 6+. It really looks amazingly fun. Crossing my fingers that the fix gets through soon.

14. Luciano1084

May 8, 2014
    If I'm not mistaken they already submitted the update..

15. C.Hannum

C.Hannum Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    JJX without hesitation. I've been playing the JJ series since the first game on and off for well over 3 years.

This game is very cool, but it has zero chance of providing that sort of longevity.

But it comes down to you. JJX is only going to be engrossing if you enjoy the nearly totally open ended sandbox design. There is no winning, no losing, just you in a series of worlds poking around discovering and building stuff.

This game is much more linear and structured in its design and therefore much more accessible, but will also be much shorter lived as a result.

Really, though, they're not similar games beyond a few of the graphical world mechanics and sharing the same very broad genre. If you want something where there's more structure in what you do and it feels more like a traditional sim / management game, get this. If you want what I still feel is the king of touch screen sandbox games, get JJX.

16. Ponycakes

Ponycakes Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jun 27, 2012
    I've now put many hours into this, and am loving it even more as I go. Getting the hang of the Portal spell made life 1,000,000 times easier.

If you feel lost, check your open tasks. Craft what it asks you. Almost every time you complete a task, more of the crafting world opens!

17. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    For me it's Craft the World hands down. I found that a good chunk of the content in JJX is cosmetic changes, different tile sets, slightly different mobs. It just stopped appealing to me near the end game. CtW is also more fun for me in that it's like a sim game, so many of which nowadays can only be found in the freemium trash bin.

18. Anova

Anova Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 14, 2012
    I would also say this over junk jack, but I've played both and both are great. This game excels at making the open crafting world accessible to people who feel a little lost. I think I saw someone else say it, but it's like mines of Mars but with added crafting. The dwarves help make the world less lonely (something that always bugged me about crafters). The dwarves also do most of the grunt work, letting you focus on doing the actual designing.

19. RenTin850

RenTin850 Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2013
    #139 RenTin850, Dec 17, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2014
    I have just emailed Dekovir to get a update on the iPhone 6 plus fix. To see if the update has been submitted and when we can expect it. I will post back as soon as they email me back guys.

20. spader623

spader623 Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2014
    I've heard the game sometimes dosnt save when you quit. Should I wait for an update or try it now?