Universal Craft The World - Pocket Edition (By Dekovir, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Dec 12, 2014.

1. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Although it isn't clear on how to save, I've just gone through the quit game and when I returned it worked. Not sure about the save game glitch others have reported etc....

I don't think it has iCloud support which I would strongly encourage the developers to include since I enjoy being able to switch from my iPhone 6 to my iPad at will....

2. spader623

spader623 Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2014
    #102 spader623, Dec 15, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2014
    So I'm tempted to get this... But I have one major question: how is this different, in any way if it is, from the PC version?

Edit: from a previous post, it's the PC version just with touch screen. Are there any problems for devices besides iPhone 6?

3. Collin

Collin Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2010
    Graphic Designer/Illustrator/Art Director
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Running into a weird glitch. I have my building set up, and at one point I was expanding it. Now there is a block marked as a breach four blocks away from my building. Not inside, and not a part of it. And now my dwarves won't sleep to recover health, and I am about to be swarmed by another wave of skeletons. They are certain to be slaughtered. I think I'm done playing until after an update or two.

4. hellscaretaker

hellscaretaker Well-Known Member

May 27, 2012
    Im a youtube gamer/streamer
    I not played the PCs version, yet comparing it to the videos it seems the same as PC. Problems for devices hmmm yeah I something's have to tap and tap again to select something but it could be just me. I can't see people plAyimg this on anything less then iphone 6, you won't have the viewing space to do work with. AI does sometimes play up not sure if it's as bad as those on stream have pointed out.

For price of the game I think it's worth it but I like these types of games.

5. spader623

spader623 Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2014
    So I shouldn't get it on a 5C? Hmm... Seems to be some glitches but if Ittll save me $5 I'm ok with it. But... Anyone else have thoughts on screen size? I have a 5C like I mentioned. Is that big enough or should I wait until I upgrade?

6. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    Caved in and bought it.. Fired it up for about 20 minutes.. It's pretty fun, I know it'll get better once I know what I'm actually doing. I crafted a few things, gathered materials, fought some monsters.. Controls take some getting used to.. I'll really get into it tomorrow when I have more time

7. c4r105

c4r105 Active Member

Apr 3, 2010
    IT
    UK
    #107 c4r105, Dec 15, 2014
    Playing on iPhone 5 IOS 8 with no issues experienced. Played about 3-4 hours, I'd say it's very playable and enjoyable, screen size or responsiveness has not been an issue for me. Although the tutorial could do with some work as I'm still not sure what I'm doing. Ideally it need iCloud saving so when home can play on my iPad as I'm sure it would be a better experience, but since my phone is always with me games with no iCloud go on the phone. My four rating is due to no iCloud and Gamecentre, otherwise enjoying the game very much since building and tower defence work very well together IMHO.

8. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    I sure hope they add iCloud support! Still so disappointed when developers don't include it as an option. It seems to me that many people have both devices.

I have an iPhone 6 and gave no issues playing this game... However, I wonder if developers can find ways to have the text bigger or zoom in more on games with heavy text. Seems to me it would be like card games (I don't play Warcraft or others) but I've seen the whole card take up the screen when wanting to view the specific cards etc.. Seems like a good idea etc...

Going the developers see the call for iCloud support!!!

9. Artvarg

Artvarg Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2013
    Is there iCloud support or some other form of syncing?

10. Kirs

Kirs Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2013
    Hi

Im an hour+ into the game. I have found numerous plans for building furniture. But yet to find plans for building construction eg bricks stone slabs etc. am i missing something. All im doing now is harvesting. Thanks for any help

11. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    You need to level up the tech tree to get the plans for building construction things, but until then you can just build a house out of earth blocks (and a hatch/door).

12. pepsodont

pepsodont Well-Known Member

Jun 1, 2014
    Oh god.

Fired it up at 4am before sleeping - it's 11am now. So addictive! Controls are wonky sometimes, but that's a minor gripe. It's very very enjoyable, at least the first 6 hours... ^^

13. Eurf

Eurf Member

Oct 10, 2010

14. C.Hannum

C.Hannum Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    Yes, "many", but they are still the least numerous of any possible audience to support. In spite of this board's insistence otherwise, iCloud syncing is dead last on importance. It's the intersection of people who own two or more iOS devices that are supported by the game (a small number relative to just the iPhone & iPad player pools separately), game on both of them (now an even smaller number of people), and want to play the same game on both of them simultaneously with updated syncing (now yet an even smaller number of people).

If Apple had done more to make the architecture more plug and play for developers, it might be worth bemoaning the lack of support, but since they haven't, it's asking devs to tackle learning an arcane subject, that when not done right eats data left and right, to support the least important slice of their customer base. I'm amazed any indie developer ever bothers.

15. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    I am playing on an iPhone 6 and have no problem. Maybe the difficulty is only on the plus.

Just wanted those on the fence with a regular 6 to know.

16. l1nuxguy

l1nuxguy Member

Sep 18, 2011
    #116 l1nuxguy, Dec 15, 2014
    First of all, fantastic game! One question, is there no way to recycle? In the pc version you can drop built items into the slot next to the anvil, click on the anvil, and break the item back down to recover materials.
    My only tiny negative is on my ancient iPad 3 it's starting to lag a little during the major waves of attack. Not bad enough to cause problems so far but, I wonder about later during the biggest waves.

17. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    It works the same way on iPad. I don't think you can recycle everything though, but I'm not sure what determines if something is recyclable or not.

18. Flip90

Flip90 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2013
    As far as icloud goes i am disappointed its not here but was wondering why its so difficult to add i have seabeard and that has automatically synced my game i assume using gamecentre so why is icloud any different.

19. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    With Seabeard there is nothing to sync - your saved game is on their servers, not your phone.

20. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    Can't figure out how to feed these guys.. I built a table and tried to put food on it, nothing happened.. What am I doing wrong? I appreciate it guys :)