Universal Craft The World - Pocket Edition (By Dekovir, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Dec 12, 2014.

1. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    I realised it had a lot of content and stuff to do, I just wanted to check it wasn't one of the sandbox type games where you just get a short tutorial and then the rest of it is just building whatever you want - I prefer games with quests and stuff like that. If this games has levels and a campaign I might have a look.

2. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    Ok negative reviews in the App Store.. A bunch of negative reviews on steam.. This looks really really promising though.. I hope they keep the introductory price until they update it.. What's the install size guys?

3. Woodrith

Woodrith Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2014
    Hooaah
    Outerbounds
    On my air it's about 158mb after installation. The reviews on steam were mostly positive, over 1,100 thumbs up and like 130 thumbs down. Really the only thing that would be great is a faster building speed and tweaking the dwarf AI.

4. C.Hannum

C.Hannum Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    Need to put the Steam ones in context: there are nearly 2K ratings on Steam with the overwhelming majority positive (only 114 negative and 1,777 positive). The negative ones are highly visible because of the "backslapping" effect of those who hated the game rating the reviews from others who hated the game as helpful while all but the best written positive reviews go ignored.

Then consider that this *just* went officially live at the end of November, but they were letting people have early access for a long time, so some negative reviews are also not necessarily based on the finished product.

That said, many of the critiques aren't just unhappy misanthropes. This is one of those titles I buy because I love the idea and want to support the originality, but I'll let it sit on the back burner while they polish the release kinks out and tweaks some things.

5. Luciano1084

May 8, 2014
    Yeah your right about the steam reviews, most are positive.. It's just the first few reviews are very critical.. Who am I kidding, I'm going to buy this.. Thanks for the info brotha :)

6. Luciano1084

May 8, 2014
    Yup, reviews on steam are quite positive.. Sorry guys

7. mkat259

mkat259 Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Pretty fun game. Looks awesome too!

8. pseudoart

pseudoart Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2013
    I really like this! But I also have the save bug(?) and don't feel like restarting again! :(

9. Luciano1084

May 8, 2014
    It does look great, I'm surprised the install size isn't that big

10. Jake7905

Jake7905 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Would this game be the best choice for a first time crafter like me? I've been meaning to try and get into one of these games, and the visuals in this look more appealing then the screenshots I saw for Terraria, Minecraft, or Junk Jack X. Plus, the sale price has me very tempted. Is the tutorial sufficient for a noob?

11. Eurf

Eurf Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Same problem here: no text! Quiet unplayable like this...
    iPad Air

12. Tutt22

Tutt22 Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2010
    I heard back from customer support and they said they are submitting the fix to apple tomorrow and asking them to fast track it, so it will be up to Apple to see when it gets released. That's the iPhone 6 plus problem. Not sure if other fixes are in there too.

13. Dekovir

Dekovir Member

Apr 1, 2012
    #93 Dekovir, Dec 14, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2014
    Eurf, Please try to switch language in the options.
    As you do not have text, here are screens which should help:
    1. http://monosnap.com/image/H2UkBVRJuIdoPsjUrxpMNqY8PEBpAa
    2. [url]http://monosnap.com/image/aNU6H2GDUX0GGOnt34IwsjkqGjVaw1

14. Durduhdur

Durduhdur Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2012
    So I decided to just take a leap of faith and buy it even though I have a 6. Only tiny issue I've ran into was on the main menu pressing certain buttons are off like the green circle appears slightly above where your pressing. I think most major issues are with the 6+. I'm enjoying the game a lot. Giving the dwarves commands and just kind of watching them takes getting used to but it's early game so I have nothing better to do. So far worth every penny. If your on the fence just buy it and wait for the update it shouldn't be much longer for Apple to approve it.

15. Tutt22

Tutt22 Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2010

16. PoloBaquerizoH

PoloBaquerizoH Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2013
    I been playing it on my ipad air ios 8 , and everything have been just perfect

17. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    So the main issue is on the iPhone 6 plus not the 6? A bit strange that the of version was not reviewed by the major gaming outlets. I sometimes check metacritic for pc/Mac titles and thus has no professional site review. I'm not suggesting this game won't be good but I do find it a bit strange..

That being said it has 1,899 reviews on steam with a 9/10 or 4.5 stars out of five! Real gamers are usually a better judge than staff writers! Not offense to professional gaming sites and writers etc....

18. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    I think so. I find some of these crafting/building games a bit impenetrable, but the tutorial on this one is quite good. It's been a while since I played Junk Jack but I think I prefer this one.

It's working OK for me, iPad Air, iOS 8.1.something (not the most recent update, but the one before that).

19. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    I decided to get it! $4.99 seems like a good price for a game that on steam seems to have have a big following from fans!

20. meowthefox

meowthefox Active Member

Oct 13, 2014
    First time I've heard of this game, but I enjoy it a lot. It only crashed once, but I just closed all the other apps and it worked fine after. I never seem to run into any issues when playing games that have glitches for others