Universal Craft The World - Pocket Edition (By Dekovir, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Dec 12, 2014.

1. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    It's more like Blockheads & Junk Jack than Terraria imo.

2. RenTin850

RenTin850 Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2013
    #62 RenTin850, Dec 14, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2014
    Seen this game come out for PC probably about over a year ago. With all of the choices of games on PC I didn't buy it. But now that it's out for iOS, I'm gonna give it a go if they fix it for iPhone 6 Plus.

Has it worked for anyone one with a iPhone 6 Plus? If it has ill buy now since I don't want the price to go up. I'm sure it's probably gonna go up to at least $9.99

3. Durduhdur

Durduhdur Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2012
    Maybe since they are having so many issues with the 6 and 6+ they might extend the sale? ☺️ or maybe have another one soon. I'm holding out as I have a 6. I want to see if this game gets updated. Don't want to spend the 5 if they are going to let it sit broken for months I've seen it happen before. Hopefully I can catch the sale and the update soon.

4. RenTin850

Dec 10, 2013
    I didn't think about them extending the sale since it didn't work for the six. That's a good one. And that's what a good developer would do. Or they can say it wasn't support for the six in the first place. Cause it's not listed in the compatibility at the bottom. But I hope you're right. And I agree with you on holding out just in case they might not update it until months. Or not update at all.

5. StratAll

StratAll Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2009
    Love the game, I had been looking at it for pc, but for ipad at this price, it's a steal.

One thing I don't get is how the save function works.
    I had no issues using the first save slot, but when using the second or the third, I loose all progress.

I chose quit when leaving and see the save game displaying number of minutes spent.
    When i return I see this save slot again with same number of minutes spent.
    However when i select it and choose play (not restart), the tutorial restarts from the very beginning.
    How to proceed?

6. hellscaretaker

hellscaretaker Well-Known Member

May 27, 2012
    Im a youtube gamer/streamer
    Thanks for that I was looking closely at other images and conformed what you said. I was using the wrong item duh me.

7. C.Hannum

C.Hannum Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    Haha, I don't think this is a very useful comparison. BH & JJ share few similarities beyond being in the general worldcraft genre.

Of the three mentioned titles, this game is most similar to Blockheads, but the comparison to JJ ends with the graphical style, and, no, not very similar to Terraria in graphical style or gameplay.

Even then, comparing it to BH is falling short of doing more than giving a very vague gist of what it's like. I suppose you could say it's sort of what a full premium version of Blockheads with base building and combat as the focus would have been like :)

8. Defard

Defard Well-Known Member

May 25, 2011
    UK
    This is an amazing game....wasted five hours on it already.

9. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Seems like an interesting game... A bit concerned with the issues on the iPhone 6! I wish the developer was on the TA Forum so that we could get a sense of their thoughts. A bit strange as their other game is/was so popular!

My fear is that if their other game was so popular but they didn't release new levels uneven IAPs as people hoped that this may not be updated very often or for a while...

Has anyone reached out to the developers with their concerns?

10. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    Is there a longish campaign / story mode for this game (ie not just a tutorial that takes less than an hour)?

11. ataloss

ataloss Well-Known Member

If you read back to page 4 of this thread, you will have seen this:

This was their response when contacted through their website.

12. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Sorry... I actually quickly read through the posts since it is only 70 comments. The term quickly was my problem!

13. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    Terrible reviews in the App Store.. I really want to buy this too

14. LarryWP

LarryWP Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2013
  15. Kamakazie

Kamakazie Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    Are trees missing for anyone else?

16. Rosso

Rosso Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2010
    I dont understand what the problem is. I have bought it on PC and now for my iPad. Constant 60 frames. Controls absolutely perfect and better than with mouse. I love this!

17. RenTin850

Dec 10, 2013
    #77 RenTin850, Dec 14, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2014
    From the lets play videos of the game on YouTube, this game is very time consuming in a good way. You start out with the first world and when you have accomplished certain a levels of the first world you are then able to unlock the next. Each world has different enemies and surroundings. And can last however long you want it to last it seems like. $4.99 for this game is definitely a good price since the PC version is $18.99 and it's the exact same game from what the devs are saying but just touch screen. So you're getting your money's worth. Unfortunately I don't want to buy it yet until they fix the issue for iPhone 6/6 Plus.

18. Saucepolicy

Saucepolicy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Feb 18, 2009
    Crispy ex-game developer
    This exactly! I have now lost 2 campaigns with a total of 4 hours logged. The first time I chalked it up to user error, though there's no warning message about overwriting a game. The second time, well, this is definitely a problem with the app.

I love the game but this is absolutely unacceptable. I can't recommend a purchase until they put in some safeguards and better UI. This wasn't a trivial amount of progress lost.

- The first time I lost a game, I booted the game, pressed the play button and it restarted my campaign in slot 1.

- The second time, I tried the "Choose Level" option, loaded the game in slot 1, and it reset my progress again.

Device: iPad Mini on 8.1.2.

19. SirHanet

SirHanet Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    Halifax
    Hey guys, I have an idea! What about putting all your thoughts and a rating for the game in the APP STORE ITSELF!! The game needs a boost and it's kinda bad reviews right now. You guys put your thoughts here and therefore the Dev cannot see the review or what problem is the user having.

20. Kamakazie

Kamakazie Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    Seriously, the campaign is telling me to tap on the base of a tree but there are no trees. I'm on the iPhone 5.