Universal Craft The World - Pocket Edition (By Dekovir, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Dec 12, 2014.

1. Avatre

Avatre Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    It could be because you have a trapdoor in the same place? Or is that a hatch rather than a door? There's both, the hatch won't work in a side wall.

2. sine909

sine909 Active Member

Nov 20, 2010
    California
    Played the PC version and loved it. Runs great on Retina Mini, looks awesome too. I spent about 2 hours with it and had no issues - great controls as well.

The AI issues people are talking about are the same as the pc version - it just takes a bit of getting used to but most of the time it's solid. The manual control is helpful when the AI Doesn't agree with you.

The thing I don't see mentioned that I absolutely love - no IAP. A full game with no timers or energy or gold to buy is so rare in this genre. My respect and praise to the devs for not taking the dark path on this one.

Support this one guys (unless you have a 6+ for now I guess).

3. RenTin850

RenTin850 Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2013
    Has anyone else with a iPhone 6 plus had any luck with this?

4. Bernzwong

Bernzwong Active Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 26, 2011
    Read some comments and took the plunge.

Not regretting it! Loved Mines of Mars and didn't get into Terraria. Fun game, like the premise, build, create, gather and defend! Enemies spawn in time, also have natural wildlife as well.

Building your 'base' takes abit of trial and error but functional and makes sense. Don't mind abit of daftness from the dwarves - they are dwarves after all! Not a big AI issue as far as I'm concerned, pathfinding calculations that's all. Almost seems like they do have minds of their own at times which isn't all bad!

With regards to dwarves being confused, just remember that only one can work on one block at a time. As in if its standing in a block it'll block those behind - and if it's hammering away at a ore others behind will have to wait.

Enemies got more difficult, got overwhelmed when I had about 6 dwarves: had to teleport them home and seal the hatches and heal up before killing the rest!

Only issue I have and I'm assuming will be smoothed out with updates, selecting and pressing sometimes requires a double press and isn't always as responsive. Minor issue I'll say, affects me 5-10% of the time.

Overall, fun game, NO IAP, no timers, free to do as you will, objectives to progress, good graphics, good learning curve, fun and easy to pick up and play.

Played on iPad retina, no iCloud as far as I could tell, worth the price. Thanks!

Question to those further on than me: is there an 'end'? Seems like it's endless with a massive tech tree to get through and objectives keep rolling in?

5. forellentee

forellentee Member

Mar 9, 2012
    This! No IAP where clearly it could have been stuffed with it until you choke. Gladly bought it for the current price. I actually love the indirect control option. I never got into Terraria on ios since the touch controls do not lend itself very good to that kind of game in my opinion. Also, I really love the artwork. I heard it gets kinda hard in later levels, can anyone confirm that?

6. Ubisububi

Ubisububi Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    It's an input mapping issue so will likely affect everybody. When I tap the play button, I see a small circle illuminate elsewhere on the screen, which gives me the above impression.

I expect it will get fixed quickly, though, and don't regret giving this premium game my money on launch day.

7. Tutt22

Tutt22 Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2010
    I am an iPhone 6 plus user with an iPad. It wouldn't work on the phone so I tried it on the iPad. Seems really great. Loving it so far but I have to stop as I normally game on my phone and there doesn't seem to be any iCloud saves. Don't want to get too far to just start over.

8. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    Yeah I'm a about to cave in and buy this

9. Ubisububi

Ubisububi Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    Terraria actually works quite well once you get used to the controls. However, the late game is ridiculously easy, which is why I'm hoping what you heard about Craft The World is true. I would relish an open world crafting game that keeps me on my toes.

10. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    Yeah, this was a surprise game for me. I wasn't familiar with it but after doing some research I purchased it and have been enjoying every minute of it. As someone else said this is more of a dwarf simulator than anything else, lots of fun and tense moments. Especially when the first dark portal spawns.:D

11. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Hah I just realized Dekovir are the Amazing Breaker folks. I kept thinking I've seen that logo before...

12. RenTin850

Dec 10, 2013
    I just hope that the update comes out before the price goes up. I don't want to buy it to not have a update come out for it. That has happened to me with a $9.99 game from a big time developer.

13. flyordiedays

flyordiedays Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2011
    Can this game be played without an internet connection?

14. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    Yes it can, I wouldn't have purchased it if it couldn't.:)

15. flyordiedays

flyordiedays Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2011
    Thank you!

16. iMaxx

iMaxx Member

Feb 14, 2012
    Great game. I have been playing it all day.

17. Ponycakes

Ponycakes Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jun 27, 2012
    Having serious issues getting my totem to be happy. What am I missing regarding a "shelter"?

18. RenTin850

Dec 10, 2013
    You should watch this guy's videos. I've been watching it since I've seen the release of this game for iOS and thinking about buying it. It's when the game first came out but it's still informative. He's playing the PC version but from what I've read from the devs site, the PC version is the same as the iOS version.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0zblKhWPfl8

19. Perseus

Perseus Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2013
    I watched some gameplay vids and it looks really slow. Seems there is alot (ALOT) of waiting involved, especially later in the game. Doesn't it get tedious?

20. Anova

Anova Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 14, 2012
    Bought it, I'll leave impressions later. Looked at vids, it seems like a crafting game that tries to hand off some of the tedium to your workers, so you can focus more on being the architect. Lots of freedom to craft and build across distances without having to move yourself there.