Universal Craft The World - Pocket Edition (By Dekovir, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Dec 12, 2014.

1. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    Until you've got a few dwarves I recommend just building underground. Then you just have a hatch to defend.
    Wooden Spikes help too, they slow the monsters down quite a lot.

If you're having trouble getting the shelter to register as complete, remember the back wall needs to be filled in, it can be easy to miss a spot especially around the portal. Also on the corners, the walls have to touching edge to edge rather than just at corners, if that makes sense...

2. Waldo

Waldo New Member

Nov 30, 2017
    Help

Hi,
    I’ve recently bought the update for this game . I have uninstalled and reinstall the app, restarted the iPad I’m trying to play the game but it keeps crashing every time you start it.
    I’ve tried to contact the developers but no reply can any one advise me?

3. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    @macplash I seen you mention this one and wondered if it really was that good? Also what’s the difference between between this version and episodes version?

Plus it’s not been updated in a while so wondering how well it works now.

Makara Nou likes this.
  4. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @ste86uk well, you can go through a few previous pages and find out for yourself what I wrote, but basically yes, it really is that good. But seriously, just browse the thread and read through it. It’ll give you a taste of how highly I think of this game.

I wasn’t aware of Episodes edition, but from what I’ve seen it’s the same, but you have to pay to unlock more worlds, which you have access to automatically in Pocket edition. Now, keep in mind there are paid DLCs like Sisters in Arms which adds female dwarves to the mix. These came years ago and also are well worth the money.

Unfortunately you’re right about a lack of updates lately. Steam version is where the Dekovir’s focus and attention is. But I own the game on Steam as well, so I don’t mind that much. This game offers ridiculous amount of game time for the money. I don’t remember the precise number, but for the first level it took me like 8 hours to finish it. The smallest one. It’s such a joy to command those dwarves.

Anyway, I assume you came here from the thread in which I mentioned a few games I’ll never delete from my devices. And the statement stands. This is one of them.

ste86uk likes this.
  5. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    #265 ste86uk, Apr 12, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2020
    @macplash I am worried about it’s age I know it’s not been updated in a while but it is pretty old now. Does the steam version still get worked on then?

But one of my favourite things to do in any game is to build up defences that are impenetrable. On games like C&C and AOE it’s all I cared about so this seems like it could really be good for me. So I’m thinking I’ll just get it anyway. It says it’s comparable with my phone, any idea if it’s full screen on the iPhone X though? I guess it would be if it is on iPad?

Edit: ah I see it’s had quite a few updates on steam and more DLC. I guess they haven’t given up on the iOS version from the looks of it.

6. Peter_Jeftic

Peter_Jeftic Active Member

Apr 6, 2020
    Male
    So this is sandbox game

7. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @ste86uk there are games years ahead of their competition. Like Battleheart Legacy or Reckless Racing series from Pixelbite. I wouldn't worry about the age of this game. It has no competition to this day. It looks fantastic. And since you like building defences, you're gonna be in heaven here. I'm afraid the iOS version no longer gets as much love as Steam version though. But! For the price you'll get tens of hours of great fun anyway.

If your only concern is the price, let me buy it for you if there's a way to do it. I assume I can buy it as a gift although you have to switch the App Store to a different country? I never did it before between countries. But I'm willing to do some research. It's the least I can do. We can discuss this more in detail privately via PM.

@Peter_Jeftic pretty much yeah. There are challenges to meet, skill tree to upgrade, goal to achieve. In certain periods of time there are waves of enemies send to you and you need to defend yourself. Every next wave is more powerful. In the meantime you explore the world, mine for resources, manage the dwarves, craft their equipment, build the shelter and whatnot. You can win in first world in 5 hours or get stuck there for 20. It's up to you. And you don't have to leave afterwards. So, it's sort of sandbox.

ste86uk likes this.
  8. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    @macplash that’s very kind of you to offer and I don’t know how it works either but it’s ok man there’s no need for you to do that. I have spent a lot recently so try to space out game purchases so I’m not spending a small fortune all at once.

But you are right like you said in the poly bridge page sometimes it’s just something you want to play at that time. Sometimes you really want to play a certain game and other times you don’t. For eg after I finish this Oddmar today I’m thinking I’ll go back and finish Space Marshals 2. But it doesn’t stop me wanting new games constantly!

macplash likes this.
  9. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @ste86uk I understand, and I know you purchase a lot of stuff. That’s why I offered to do it for you this time to mitigate the potential disappointment you could experience even though it’s highly unlikely considering the quality of the game. I wish the purchases weren’t bound to specific country. It’d be much easier to gift something. As of right now, it just complicates things.

Now that you mentioned Space Marshals, I might give both games a go just for old time’s sake. I finished both multiple times. But, there are still new games I purchased lately and didn’t finish (or barely even started yet) like Orwell. I need to prioritize. On the other hand, now that we resurrected this thread, I might go with Craft the World again. That’s always fun!;)

ste86uk likes this.
  10. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    @macplash I seem to be resurrecting a few threads lately and not everybody seems to appreciate it but I’m glad it’s made you want to play some games again. The Space Marshal games are so good, I still remember playing the first one thinking how good it was.

It was extremely kind of you to offer and I do really appreciate it. But at least in the EU I suppose worst case I can get a refund on anything within 14 days but I try not to use that much because they do stop you doing it if you use it often which doesn’t seem to take into account that I also buy much more than the average user.

I have messaged them to ask if they have given up on it or if it’ll ever be on par with the steam version, but even if not all the hours it sounds like I’d get out of it sounds worth the price. I’m pretty sure I’m going to pick it up.

Edit: would you buy the expansion packs right away or play the first world and then pick them up if I love it? Or will I miss out on some fun by not having them right away? They seem to have a special price going.

macplash and sakara214ever like this.
  11. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Wow how did this game get off my radar? Seems amazing. Thanks for mentioning it @ste86uk gonna buy it too!

ste86uk likes this.
  12. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Just play a little, get a feel of it. You don't need to go through the whole first world. It gets quite complex with every next dwarf you control, so take your time. There's no need to rush through it. I'm sure you'll know very soon if you like the game or not. Those dwarves are absolutely hilarious and cute. I'm sure you're gonna love them.

Sisters in arms DLC ads female dwarves as well as new pets, items, equipment and whatnot. It builds up on base content. It brings something new, but you won't miss anything if you start with the regular part of the game, no worries. If there's a special price going right now, I'd say you definitely take advantage of it. But as I said, if you want to be sure, just give it a try first, for an hour or so. You'll know what to do then.;)

@sakara214ever and it definitely is! if you're just picking it up, you're in for a treat. Enjoy!

sakara214ever and ste86uk like this.
  13. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Oh, you go ahead and resurrect whichever thread you feel deserves the attention! There's a ton of stuff we could've missed over the years and this way we could always pick it up. As I said on multiple occasions: better late than never, right? I appreciate what you're doing, keep that in mind whenever feel doubtful about the next old thread.;)

sakara214ever and ste86uk like this.
  14. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    @macplash as i said in previous thread i totaly trust your judgement in almost every game. I downloaded and i am having a blast. Thank you! :)

macplash and ste86uk like this.
  15. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    I’m going to wait until I know I can get a good hour on the game in one go for my first try. Great to hear your loving it @sakara214ever

Is it easy to just pickup and go, can you save and load at any point?

16. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Yes, you can continue exactly where you left. It also supports cloud save (manual with save to cloud / load from cloud buttons) so you can use multiple devices as well. And you can have multiple different save files too. No limitations on file handling department whatsoever.

@sakara214ever thank you for your kind words, I appreciate it! There's also a lot of useful informations about the gameplay in this thread in case you get stuck. Otherwise, enjoy the game. I'm glad you like it.;)

ste86uk and sakara214ever like this.
  17. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    @macplash the devs replied and said

Hello, we update PC-version first and after all bugs are fixed, we update iOS. It takes a long time actually.

So it seems like they may eventually add the other stuff. Still haven’t had an hour just to sit and open this one. Maybe I should try for half an hour that’s more achievable in one go with the baby.

18. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @ste86uk I don’t know. PC version is being upgraded pretty regularly and iOS version is stuck at 1.4 for like 2 years. And you should keep in mind all these additions are paid DLCs, bringing something new to game or its mechanics. So for now, you’re fine with what base version has to offer, which is a lot! If you eventually realize you love the game to bits, there goes an option to grab DLCs and be okay to pay for them. No need to rush it the day one. But still, even if you play only the original version with 3 worlds, it gives you tens of hours of gameplay of unique fun wrapped in a visually stunning look. Worth it!

ste86uk likes this.
  19. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    @macplash I’m confused on how to craft a totem? But without it they just seem to run wherever and building an underground base with a hatch seems useless as they won’t go hide in it from strong enemies anyway. I’ve got my first attack in 30 minutes gameplay time.

20. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @ste86uk you don’t need to craft it - it’s given to you as a gift. Like the first you get already at level 2. I mean, you can craft it, but later in the game. You need to unlock skill tree to master level, it’s like Tier 8 (of 11). Just use the one you get. You’re fine with one totem first few hours anyway.