Universal Craft The World - Pocket Edition (By Dekovir, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Dec 12, 2014.

1. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    It works very well with touch controls, also it's OK on both iPad and iPhone, the iPhone screen isn't too small.

2. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    HLW thanks for clarifying. I'm playing the Steam version literally the whole day and it's just amazing. I love it! I bought it for iOS as well just a few minutes ago and I can't wait to try it. I wish it was cross platform and I was able to bring my progress from Steam to iOS, but actually I'll gladly start from the scratch and avoid the beginner's mistakes I made on my first attempt. I'll be definitely back with the impressions and possible comparison between mouse and touch controls. I'm really curious about the results but I believe this game's made for touch controls. Anyway, we'll see...

3. gaymerX

gaymerX Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2014
    Price drop? I just bought this yesterday! Oh well. It's awesome regardless!

4. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    OK, so I played a little.. and by "a little" I mean like 15+ hours, uhm, which stands for iOS version only. There's another 10+ hours I spent in Steam version before that, but the truth is, after running the iOS version for the first time, I didn't go back even once. The touch controls are amazing on the iPad, it feels like the game is made for touch controls from the beginning. It's not bad with the mouse, but the touch feels just more natural. I'm not entirely sure what's the goal in the game yet, I just love to dig and explore, progress in the crafting tree and occasionaly kill some enemies. The waves of tough enemies every 45 minutes are fine, I can deal with those, but I hate those huge green zombies with white hair hidden underground. I tried to kill one of them and lost like 18 poor dwarves (not to mention including all the armor and weapons too). Now I'm much more powerful than when this happened but I still hesitate to go down there and face that thing even though it's maybe half a heart from its death. On the other hand I killed the red dragon like in a blink of an eye, but that green abomination is just testing my patience.
    I downloaded the youtube video someone posted here as a guide for beginners. Actually, I downloaded the whole series which contains of 30 (25 minutes long) videos, but after watching first 4 or 5 of them, I just wanted to play for myself. But I'll definitely watch those, just to compare the progress and whatnot.
    Anyway, my point is, I love this game. If you didn't try it yet, I highly recommend to try, you can't do wrong. It's just amazing!

5. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Would it be ok on my 6 plus you think?

6. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    I don't see any reason why wouldn't be. Furthermore, another user (HLW) posted a few comments above:
    So I assume it should be fine. It's designed for both iPad and iPhone. I'm playing on iPad mini with retina and everything's just amazing. iPhone 6+ isn't significantly smaller so I'd give it a try.

7. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Appreciate the response man!

8. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    Are you playing campaign mode? If so the aim is to kill those zombies and collect what they drop, it will be obvious what to do after that.
    It's safest to wait until you have mithril equipment before trying to kill them.

Have you got the Magic Collect spell or the Imps spell yet? You can collect dropper armour and weapons with those (Magic Collect is more efficient if you have lots of things to collect, but the imps are more fun).

Yes, it's fine on iPhone 5S, so a 6+ would be great.

9. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Thanks!

10. Kieran

Kieran Member

Feb 3, 2015
    Software Developer
    Ireland
    Really like the juxtaposition of fluid, wide ranging character body movements with the more rigid background structures. The attention to detail with the lighting design is amazing too.

11. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    #211 macplash, Feb 6, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2015
    Yes, I'm playing campaign mode, first level. As I said earlier, I tried to attack one of those zombies before and lost a lot of dwarves but it was ok because they didn't have a lot of skills and equipment yet. I tried again with 12 dwarves fully equipped with steel weapons and armor (helmets, body armor and boots), one of the zombies I attacked before has barely one heart left so I thought it's pretty much no-brainer to finish it. Well, I lost 10 dwarves and didn't kill it anyway. I assume it's almost dead, there's no heart above it, it's maybe one hit away from being dead. Well, my bad. Luckily I made a backup save before the attack so I can load a previously saved position and continue leveling up and progressing in construction tree. I've got almost 100 of mithril ores, a lot of gold and silver as well, couple of crystals of multiple colors but I don't know how to craft stuff yet. So I'll wait until I have mithrill weapons as you said. It's gonna be safer I assume.

I don't have the Magic Collect yet, at least I'm not aware of it. But yeah, I've got Imps already, they're awesome. On the other hand I'm collecting resources using portals and it's faster because all my dwarves are equipped with advanced backpacks and can carry a lot of items instead of Imps which can grab just one item at a time. But the truth is it's really great to watch them help. Everything in this game is so beautiful, every animation and detail, it's amazing how polished this game is. It just amazes me how smooth and natural everything is and feels. This game is a true masterpiece.

EDIT: so I've got the Magic Collect as well, I just didn't try it yet. I unlocked silver armor but ran out of steel and coal at the same time so I need to find some before I move further. Those luxury beds with 4 steel ingots requirements just depleted my supplies. I hope my dwarves will at least regenerate faster. Hope it's not just a "fashion" thing to increase the comfort in the shelter because whatever I do, it's still in yellow with around 40% value.

12. Dewfreak83

Dewfreak83 Active Member

Aug 5, 2014
    Indie Developer
    Baltimore, MD
    I remember when this game was on early access on steam. I think the developers are wonderful for actually finishing the game unlike so many that remain as early access for what seems like forever - even more exciting to find it on mobile!

I hope your sells are doing well!

13. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    So I unlocked the whole crafting tree, yay! I just need to muster enough courage to start attacking those green zombie guardians. I've got 12 dwarves equipped with silver/golden and mithril armor and weapons and destructive spells like fireball and explosion (I accidently destroyed a significant portion of my shelter with 2 inconsiderate taps with explosion spell selected). But my question is, how can I use some potions on a specific dwarf really quick? I'd like to increase the damage stats for my mages as well as use health potions during the fight if necessary. Is it possible? Because it's not gonna work manually, it's gonna be a mess with all those dwarves fighting enemies. There's no way to select the specific one by tapping on him. I'll backup my savegame before that again for sure, but I'd like to know some tricks if there are any.

14. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    The mages use the attack potions automatically.
    For the health potions, I am pretty sure the game pauses once you are on the equip screen, so you can just press equip once the dwarves start getting low on health, and scroll through them all to find one that needs healing.

Sorry in advance if it doesn't pause when you are on the equip screen, and all your dwarves die...

15. adz4u28

adz4u28 Member

Mar 14, 2014
    Love this game so much on ipad I went and bought it on steam also! Support the devs!!

16. cyrus

cyrus Member

Jan 24, 2010
    HELP! Loving this game but can't seem to make a steel club. Forge is working, I've "crafted" 4 steel clubs but no one is going to the forge to make them. The icon simply shows the steel club, a tiny hammer in the corner with the number 4 in yellow next to it. A cueing system? Why won't they make them??

17. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Cyrus, there's cueing system, so it's pretty much essential to plan short walks and small jobs to do just in case not to overwhelm those poor little guys with a lot to do at the same time. They're just getting confused a lot;) The other way to make sure they're doing what you want is to reset their plans by manual control for a short period of time. Also, if they're still ignoring the forge, just cancel the production and craft the clubs again. Hope it helps.

18. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    If your forge in inside your house, you can also lock your dwarves inside the house (icon in top right - sun = allowed out, lock = stay inside) to prevent them being distracted by other tasks.

19. cyrus

cyrus Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Thanks for the help. I solved it by manual control as you suggested. Another question, which may very well be a bug. Can your house be both above and below ground? (Photo 1)

Attached Files:

20. cyrus

cyrus Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Also any idea why the "house border" won't include the floors I've extended? (Photo 2) Any thoughts or tips would be much appreciated. Cheers

Attached Files: