Universal Craft The World - Pocket Edition (By Dekovir, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Dec 12, 2014.

1. Moocow

Moocow Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2014
    #181 Moocow, Jan 7, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2015
    How do I create walls that face different ways and serve as ceilings/floors/outside walls? On PC version you left click it to rotate the wall, how do I do it here??

2. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    Once the dwarves have finished constructing the wall, select the same type of wall in the inventory bar, then tap the constructed wall to change which way it's facing. Doors and things like plaster wall/paintings/friezes work the same way.

3. Annii

Annii Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2013
    This game is brilliant. I think it will live on my iPad forever. In some ways I prefer it to Junk Jack X

I'm recommending it to friends and it saddens me that it's not getting the attention it deserves

4. Anova

Anova Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 14, 2012
    Agreed, would really like to see TA Review it. though they raised their price, so hopefully things are going well for them.

PS you should rate it here, helps to attract TA attention.

5. nicodemus82

nicodemus82 Well-Known Member

Doesn't surpass JJX in my opinion, but to be fair they're quite different games really. Definitely enjoying it and think it deserves way more attention than it's getting.

6. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    JJX and Craft the World are vastly different games, comparing them comes down to personal preference. Both are wonderful games but picking one over the other is a matter of which style of game you enjoy more rather than which has more content or better graphics or better progression.

7. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    Has anyone downloaded the recent update yet? I haven't updated yet, how annoying are the gargoyles?

8. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    I find the controls sooo frustrating.. I'm really trying to love this game

9. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    Which controls are you having trouble with, building, crafting etc?

10. Moocow

Moocow Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2014
    Probably moving. Slide to move simply does not work in a non-action game like this. The dwarves are extremely clumsy and fall down all the time when trying to jump simple gaps.
    Also the AI in this game is hilariously bad. Place a digging command right in front of a dwarf, and 99% of the time that dwarf who's like 1 step away from the command (and also doing nothing atm) won't perform the action, rather the game tells some dwarf half the screen away to spend 2 minutes walking to that spot and starts digging. Also 99% of the time he won't dig up everything, he'll dig 1-2 squares, walk all the way to a portal dump the materials, walk back and continue digging. This is why most of the time I just manually control the dwarves to dig because telling the AI to do it just gets the job done 100x slower than it should be.

11. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    Super basic things like moving and climbing are a task. Like the gentlemen above said the AI acts strange also. Dwarfs often don't mine what I want them to mine.. They go something else.. This game looks so cool, I'm sure eventually I'll get into it. For now I'll stick to terraria and I might even purchase junk jack later today

12. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    I've never had to control the dwarves directly. If you want them to mine a specific area quickly, then just select that area, so they don't have a choice of what to do.

If you select lots of different areas, and queue up crafting, and select trees to be logged, then I don't know how the AI decides to prioritise which job to do - I think distance does come in to it, the dwarves will do the nearest job I think, I don't know if the skill levels come in to it at all?

I use portals, imps, magic collect or build a stockpile to get the materials collected quickly. I have no idea why sometimes the dwarves mine/log loads of stuff and leave the materials lying on the ground, and other times they mine/log only once or twice then carry the materials back. I assume there is some sort of logic behind it, but I have no idea what it is!

13. Moocow

Moocow Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2014
    Warning: do not get this game if you have an iPhone 5 or below. Though I'm not even sure any device can handle it given how poorly optimized this game is.
    Game is completely unplayable on an iPhone 5 once you get to mid or late stage of the level (big house, extensive underground mining). Framerate drops to below 5. Did they even frickin test this before porting it to iOS? How is it possible a rather high-end machine like iPhone 5, granted not the latest iDevice but still capable of handling most high-end 3D games let alone a 2D game like this, runs at 5fps??
    It's also extremely buggy, I think I just encountered a game-breaking bug. I was fighting one of those boss goblin things that drops a piece of the portal blueprint, during the middle of the fight since the fps was dropping to extremely low levels I just quit the game via menu, quit the app, then relaunched. Upon coming back to the game the boss and all the enemies inside that room are gone, wtf?? No I didn't get the map either. So basically now I'm unable to complete the portal because the boss decided to just vanish.

14. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    It works fine on iPhone 5S and iPad Air but please note I haven't tried the latest version, only the previous one.

15. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    I am having trouble building a shelter. I got this game and at first passed it off as not really that great then a couple days later played it again and it all clicked this is one of the best app games I have ever played and I'm just scratching the surface. There are some helpful hints in the steam community but most apply to PC and so again getting a shelter up is a task I'm having most trouble with. I will get it figured out I think it's the fact I can't seem to get the recipe for wood wall. I have been able to place stones which to me was an accomplishment in itself :)

16. gemineye62

gemineye62 Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2010
  17. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    You can build it out of earth and stone if you don't have enough wood. Also if you build it underground you will have a lot of your work done for you - all you'll need to build it a hatch and a few ladders. And maybe fill up some gaps. Your stockpile doesn't need to be in your shelter to start with if you don't have enough materials to build your shelter above ground.

18. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    So..... How bout them dwarfs?

:p

19. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Congrats on the TA review and I really hope it's gonna help you guys to be noticed. I didn't know about this game before the review, I didn't know it's available on Steam already with so positive feedback. Well, I picked up the Steam version over the iOS one and I might make a mistake because the touch controls should suit it probably much better. If feels like it was made for touch controls. Well, I'm probably going to grab the iOS version as well considering it's supposed to be the same as PC one. Anyway, what I wanted to say is, keep doing what you're doing, do not get frustrated over a probably slow start and most of all, do not change a thing about a game being premium. There's nothing worse than freemium model. I'm sure this game will find its fan base eventually because it looks gorgeous. Hell, there's over 2000 positive review on Steam (versus around 100 negative), that's a huge success. Just keep up the good work guys and good luck with the sales.

20. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    wow, Craft the World is on sale, 30% off for a limited time, from 9,99€ to 6,99€
    I was playing the whole day on PC, but I'm buying the iOS version right now as well, this game is AMAZING!