iPhone Cover Orange (by FDG)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Dec 13, 2010.

1. dabigkahuna

dabigkahuna Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    #1321 dabigkahuna, Aug 22, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2011
    Hold on. I got it. My mistake was placing the first orange roughly on the top of the right post of the platform - thus I had to wait to push it to the left or it would go too far. By placing it near, but just to the right of the post, I could drop the second orange right away. In fact, you have to or it won't move enough.

So I got 987 on the iphone 4. Haven't tried the 3G yet.

Thanks.

Just got 988 on the 3G so both went up 3 pts.

2. SSBenj

SSBenj Active Member

Jul 17, 2011
    Not if you hit the first wheel just off centre so is only rolling v slowly. You can get them off pretty much straight away. It's deffo the fastest method for that level anyway. Nice work on your 3G!

3. SSBenj

SSBenj Active Member

Jul 17, 2011
    Told you mate. I knew you'd be able to get 987, where as my 3G deffo maxes at 986 there. It's the same on alot of tour 991's where I only have 990's.

Number 1 spot btw. :D

4. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    #1324 dabigkahuna, Aug 23, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2011
    I got 988 on the iphone 4 on level 148 now! That has to be the max for it unless there is a way to stop the clock without stopping the lever - very unlikely!

Might try the 3G some more to see if I can get 989.

Raised my score on some other levels as well: 38 (990), 46 (990) and 47 (991). Have been going through the ip4 just like the 3G the past couple days - checking every level that has potential. On the 3G, I've gone halfway. On the ip4 I've gone through the first 80.

So, maybe my streak will continue. Too bad it isn't enough to get first place on the ip4.

Congrats on your ranking. Any new records to add?

5. SSBenj

SSBenj Active Member

Jul 17, 2011
    Nice work and cheers. I set my sights on getting to the summit when I first bought the game. I don't play many but when I do I'm so competitive I hunt that number 1 spot. That's the fun for me.

No new record, I think, but 1 you've missed is 990 on 112.

B

6. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    Dang, I could have sworn I entered that one - hope I didn't enter it in the wrong place!

I never expect to be high in ranking on games. I do fine early usually - always had pretty good skills quickly even in the arcades when younger. But then the really serious gamers get involved and I can't compete with them. So I was pretty surprised when I was, without really working at it, in the top 20,000 or something. Then found this site with Pantsjo (high scorer at the time), ctay, and other top players. I just though I might get a lot better but still be far from the lead, but I kept getting surprised. Once I set out to figure out every trick possible (never really knowable, but it's the thought that counts!), I found myself around the very top. It just so happens that to find every point, you have to end up near the top. I do have the top iphone 4 score. I may have the top 3G score - certainly there isn't much room for people to get more.

As you know, the hardware affects scoring possibilities, but while we mostly notice that someone can get a point or two more than someone else on a particular level, look at level 58. On the 3G, I can get 992. Ctay can get 991 with her itouch 3. But my iphone 4 will not stop the timer until 973 !!!

I've dropped the wheel over the edges. I've dropped it on the bottom left platform, stuck it in the gap on the right, balanced it on items. Even balanced it on top of the other wheel. Of course, I also tried to win it in a more normal manner. But that counter just won't stop. So I'm 18 points from Ctay's score and literally no options.

7. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    Well, I'm beat, but there was some more success, mainly with the 3G. I now have 185 levels with scores of 992. Best thing about that is whenever I want to try to raise scores on it, there are only 35 that are even possible. But, based on finishing my last run through, there are none where I've been able to stop the clock (but lose) above what I have.

Got a little on the iphone 4 and there are a number that I've stopped the clock earlier but lost. But even if you add up all those potential points, I'd still be well out of first or second place.

8. SSBenj

SSBenj Active Member

Jul 17, 2011
    I'll share some more solutions with you (on here) in a day or 2 mate. I havn't time to trawl through and explain right now but know a few places where I think you'll be able to score more points...

If you do Jailbreak your 3G, I reckon I could take it down with an Ipod.

Benjani

9. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    If you mean an iPod TOUCH, that may depend. It looks like the iTouch 3 can't match the 3G phone. So it would have to be something older. I have no idea what the older ones are like or even if the game would run on them. No one has ever reported - but it is a question I have asked about. If an old one could get 993's, that would be noteworthy though!

Then there is the question of whether someone could find more points on the 3G itself. Certainly possible since I've recently added to it. Right now I suspect that the low scores on it are just not going to get better, but I keep hoping I'll stumble on something. It would be more likely that the difference would be in an extra point here or there on the high scores, like I've been getting this past week.

But considering how much time I've spent on this on the two devices, I'm sure glad I don't have to start over! Even with just 35 levels on the 3G below 992, it can be annoying to wade through them periodically.

10. lacedolphin

lacedolphin Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2009
    Picked this up yesterday, very cute game. Will you be adding more levels to it?

11. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    Looks like I should be done on the 3G. Been having success at changing 991's to 992's (have 193 of them!), but nothing today at all. Wish I could figure out how to bump up the bad scores. I keep trying, but they seem locked in to the clock running longer.

12. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    Benj,

Anything new? I've pretty much just been doing what I did before. Sometimes I get another point, but I posted about how I one day I couldn't get more points and then the next day I could before. Never figured out why. Some could be slo-mo differences, but other times it was clearly something different.

I did get a couple surprises, but in a weird way. I generally try to drop things to the highest places to stop the clock sooner. Been doing that for months. But the last time through the levels, a caught a couple places where I missed opportunities - and they were quite obvious. Weird.

I still have 4 levels on the iphone 4 where I've stopped the clock sooner but didn't win. Two would require amazing luck with gaps. The other two I can play a hundred times or more before getting the clock to stop earlier (and I've lost anyway). But if I ever do get them all, I'll still be in 3rd place.

13. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    Well, it's been a wild day, starting late last night. In recent days, I'd been getting a lot of 992 scores on the 3G on levels where I had been stuck mostly at 991 for ages. Very strange that suddenly I was able to get them.

So I started on the iphone 4 last night, expecting to just play a little before bed. Ended up working on it for about 5 hours because I was suddenly getting 991 scores where I had been stuck at 990. Amazingly, I picked up about 70 points!

Just weird how I couldn't do it before and now I can (at least for now).

So I have 217,751 on the iphone 4 which, last I checked, was first place. I also have 135 levels with the maximum score of 991.

On the 3G, I have 218,119 which, if I jailbreak it, would be far ahead of my other first place score. I also have an amazing 197 levels with the max score of 992 on that device.

Now if I could just figure out those levels where the timer just keeps running no matter what I do!

14. ctay

ctay Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2010
    :eek:
    Leaderboard hacked???? What do you think Big K ( Mr. #1 for real). Congrats, sorry some hacker had to mess up your moment of glory.
    and where are you and Benj ?

15. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    #1335 dabigkahuna, Aug 30, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2011
    It has to be a hack - They need to be removed.

16. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    #1336 dabigkahuna, Aug 30, 2011
    FDG:

Is there anything you can do about people hacking the leaderboard? This morning a saw two new people listed tied for first place, both having exactly 219,000 points. My initial hope was this was because new levels had been released, but when I looked for updates, there weren't any.

It would be nice if they could be removed as was done once before and, if possible, blocked in the future as a punishment and warning to others.

17. ctay

ctay Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2010
    FDG Attention

This hacker issue NEEDS to be resolved between you and Apple. Or, like Donut Games, you create your own score board. How difficult can that be?
    Please DO SOMETHING and soon!
    Thank you in advance.
    Ctay (former #1 player :) )...

18. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    #1338 dabigkahuna, Aug 31, 2011
    Ctay,

I remember checking how much the timer ran down on level one, even with extreme slo-mo, before the one object hit the closest point. The timer said 996 at that point that they hit each other. But they bounce, so it was 995 before the bouncing stopped and then, at least on my iphone 4, the timer didn't stop until 991.

19. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    I just got one more point on the 3G and I think I have finally gotten all that is possible on that hardware. Maybe could get one more on level 120, but that's probably it. Those that remain with scores below the 992 max possible seem to either be levels where the clock just keeps running to a given number no matter what I do or they involve things moving (chains or swinging levers) which I have not been able to get to stop any sooner and I don't see a way to do it.

So, my score is 218,121.

But I'm always hoping to find a new trick! Maybe those active on the game - especially those who are far far behind the top scorers - may want to "make their mark" by seeing if they can find a way to improve those particularly tough levels.

The following are those where the high score on every kind of hardware we know of is less than what we usually get - basically anything below 990 (with the present highest score, not counting the 3G scores, which are usually better):

7 - 987
    28 - 983
    60 - 979
    69 - 988
    76 - 978
    90 - 977
    128 - 979
    129 - 979
    136 - 979
    148 - 988
    154 - 987
    185 - 988

Show a solution to higher scores on any of these 12 and you'll have accomplished something no top scorer has (at least not that I know of).

20. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    By the way, it isn't necessary to have a winning solution to any of the above levels - it would be sufficient to just find a way to stop the timer sooner. If we find a way to do that, someone might figure out how to actually win the level with the higher score.